1996 Orion V retirements

Bus_Medic

It was one of the two.

I'm surprise Royal York has one, has the station changed in the last 23 years, or since the Orion I ran into Royal York Station? Looks the same to me, its not a station I frequent often, thats why I'm asking.

Probably for similar reasons that the hybrids were banned from Jane initially.

I'm surprise Royal York has one, has the station changed in the last 23 years, or since the Orion I ran into Royal York Station? Looks the same to me, its not a station I frequent often, thats why I'm asking.

The 2 Orion Is were used in Toronto on a very limited basis (operating out of Queensway) for a short period of time, and by very select crews. It wouldn't have mattered if it actually would have cleared or not, as there were only a couple of drivers trained on them, and thus they could be focused on a couple of routes where they would know all of the potential trouble spots.

Dan

I would presume 7041 and 42 are dead as they've been sitting by Davenport for the past few months showing off the rusted out frames.

Probably parted out... Unless I have terrible memory, I rode 7042 around April still in service but only as the 39 rush trippers for Seneca College.

I'm surprised so many units are still out for all day service. But I have been seeing more hybrids out during the day than before.

The 7000s make up roughly 45% of Malvern's fleet. There is no way they can provide off peak weekday service with just their Hybrids.

Does a large portion of the fleet still go out on Saturdays? I'm planning on doing some fanning at Finch tomorrow, with the aim of photoing as many units as possible. :ph34r:

They are sent out on Saturdays but not a lot of them, usually around 10-15. The past few weekends more 9400s are out than 7000s. Malvern also some Saturdays likes to put all of the ones that leave the garage in the morning on one route, mostly 199, with a few ending up on other routes later in the day.

They are sent out on Saturdays but not a lot of them, usually around 10-15. The past few weekends more 9400s are out than 7000s. Malvern also some Saturdays likes to put all of the ones that leave the garage in the morning on one route, mostly 199, with a few ending up on other routes later in the day.

An interesting turn of events, given how last year the 9400s were never sent out. <_<

Pity, pity. Ah well, thanks for the info anyway - maybe I'll get lucky.

Ill look into 7041 and 7042. '42 was dissected in our body shop and found to have rotten window pillars.

I know it was sent downtown, but I never found out what the decision was. 7041 must have snuck out on one of my off days.

I'm on vacation at the cottage, back to work on Tuesday. Ill find out then, but they're most likely done.

They're were rumors that the 9400s might be shifted to Malvern in the coming months due to overall parts commonality, but so far it's been nothing more than hearsay.

With the streetcar shuttle, some of the garages are short on buses.

They're were rumors that the 9400s might be shifted to Malvern in the coming months due to overall parts commonality, but so far it's been nothing more than hearsay.

That's a long standing rumor, I doubt it will ever happen given that Wilson needs them for the 29 and the M11 isn't a common engine along with the quirks that came with the conversion to diesel.

My guess is that the 17's and 18's will start migrating to Malvern.

the M11 isn't a common engine along with the quirks that came with the conversion to diesel.

Nothing we couldn't handle over here.

Not like the manuals are in Cyrillic or anything.

Noticed some of the Orion Vs in the 7000-7134 group had their speedos replaced. The replacement's odometer goes from 0 to 999,999.9 km from the original's 0 to 9,999,999.9 km.

image.jpg

Noticed some of the Orion Vs in the 7000-7134 group had their speedos replaced. The replacement's odometer goes from 0 to 999,999.9 km from the original's 0 to 9,999,999.9 km.

So glad to know that. Otherwise i would have been confused what order all those nine's would be in. <_<