Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

Not sure if CMBC/TransLink is really interested. Purchasing MiDi buses will help with them with rightsizing the fleet, but added costs operating it since they will need be operated by conventional transit operators rather than community shuttle operators.

Not sure if CMBC/TransLink is really interested. Purchasing MiDi buses will help with them with rightsizing the fleet, but added costs operating it since they will need be operated by conventional transit operators rather than community shuttle operators.

I think the MiDi's would do better than the current community shuttles. Translink should really consider them for future orders.

I think the MiDi's would do better than the current community shuttles. Translink should really consider them for future orders.

Translink will not. Conventional bus drivers with a Class 2 license get paid more.

Standard 40fters and MiDI buses= requires class 2 license with air-brakes.

Shuttle buses =requires class 4 license.

Translink will not. Conventional bus drivers with a Class 2 license get paid more.

I totally forgot about the air-brakes and ik that conventional drivers get paid more than shuttle drivers.

But the Yaxing Vicinity doesn't need class 2, only class 4 with air brakes... are you sure the NFI/Dennis MiDi actually requires a full class 2? (The 30-foot two-door configuration seats exactly 24 - the upper limit for class 4.)

But the Yaxing Vicinity doesn't need class 2, only class 4 with air brakes... are you sure the NFI/Dennis MiDi actually requires a full class 2? (The 30-foot two-door configuration seats exactly 24 - the upper limit for class 4.)

I was thinking that too that any with and under 24 seats only needs a class 4

I always see a single MKII pass by from VCC during rush hour. NIS, I presume, but I couldn't tell from the position I was watching from (below the tracks).

I've actually been on a mark II lone pair in service in the morning twice a few weeks ago. Never realized it until I walked off reading the newspaper and wondered why I was half way down 29th ave stn platform. Its been awhile since being on a lone pair of mark IIs.

But aren't all 135 trips supplied by PCTC articulated D60LF? Im checking PCTC' 's retirement export and im finding no "135, 160" block on any of their 40 footers.

Or actually in general, How many times does a 40 footer run a 135, given the fact that there is 1 BTC NOVA trip that runs to Duthie and Hastings in the early morning?

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus?busId=9471

There are 4 trippers from Poco for 135:

#1 (40ft bus today?, but #8087 yesterday)

6:00 160 Vancouver

7:16 135 SFU

8:14 135 Burrard Station

9:11 135 SFU

#2 (#8096 today)

6:45 160 Vancouver

8:16 135 SFU

9:40 143 SFU

#3 (#8097 today)

6:20 160 Vancouver

7:46 135 SFU

#4 (#7432 today and #7405 yesterday, but #8087 on Monday)

5:38 160 Vancouver

6:56 160 Port Coquitlam Station

8:00 160 Vancouver

9:36 135 SFU

#2 and #3 are usually artic, but #1 and #4 can be either way depend on bus availablity I guess?

Saw 8137 on the hook today Southbound on North Road and Cameron at 14:00 . From the leaves and mud on the drivers side, I'd say she somehow managed to end up on the ditch. Only saw the rear and drivers side, didn't see curbside or the front.

Cross posted from the General sightings thread.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Cross posted from the General sightings thread.

- Bryan "Goggles"

First off, I feel the need to point out that there is no need to cross-reference any posts; it could be argued that any post fits into more than one category or thread. This is no excuse to repeat the information in every thread it qualifies to be posted in. If anyone thinks otherwise, feel free to rebut.

Moving on, B8137 was indeed towed to Fleet Overhaul today. I was there doing my routine check, during which time I did not see enough to warrant posting (not in the Fleet Overhaul thread anyway). B8137 was a different story; when it was coming in, I got a good view of the curbside and rear, neither of which had sustained any damage, but when it was pulled to the East wall, I could see that there was some suspicious damage, which included a broken window, at least one broken turn signal, a lot of dirt/mud, and some other body damage that is difficult to assess given the dirt and mud. Having been able to see all sides of the vehicle, I can attest to the fact that the damage is sustained to just the driver’s side mid-section.

Front.JPG

Damage.JPG

Given that today was my day off of school, I did some investigative work of my own as the incident intrigued me. In doing so, I have determined that the incident took place along the 145 route (Northbound) sometime this morning at the intersection of Gaglardi and Broadway (the bus was last seen in service at 10:19, at which time it was scheduled to be doing a 145). In the following photos, you can see the scene as well as the scene relative to the area of the bus that was damaged (last photo). I am unable to determine what exactly happened, though I do suspect that it was a motor vehicle accident. I have made contact with some people who should be able to give me an answer as to what happened and will be posting whatever else I learn.

Location%20(1).JPG

Location%20(2).JPG

Location%20(3).JPG

Location%20(4).JPG

Location%20(5).JPG