coming to Vancouver in July

t_harris01

id like the schedules becuz most likely ill be moving back to Vancouver as soon as im done college here which is June 2012 is my graduation

I can send you an updated TransLink map as they're free this year. The schedules are going to be pricey to mail because of the weight. Best thing to do is pick them up when you get here.

2 d 23 hrs....i leave 1am (EDT) on Friday July 22, arrive 945pm (PDT) July 24...
72 hours? Not too bad! !
i actually got another transit fan whos never been to Vancouver to come with me on this trip :(

i actually got another transit fan whos never been to Vancouver to come with me on this trip :blink:

Nice double post! And who is that? Someone from this board!?

Me and my friend are arriving 815am July 25, Leaving July 30 645am...so anyone wanan do fanning between those days and on the island let me know. The last night we wanna nightbus fan...anyone up 4 it...let me know as well

PS does the Nightbuses only go one way or round trip

Me and my friend are arriving 815am July 25, Leaving July 30 645am...so anyone wanan do fanning between those days and on the island let me know. The last night we wanna nightbus fan...anyone up 4 it...let me know as well

PS does the Nightbuses only go one way or round trip

Round trip, consult with my transit-fanning guide if you want to learn the fun way of doing it!

Dave

i checked it out....but it dont help how to navigate the nightbus routes if any do a round trip

It works just like a normal bus. You just have to make sure that you have time to get a return bus.

For example, if you take the N9 leaving downtown at 3:09am to Lougheed, you'd arrive at 4:04am.

The last N9 towards downtown leaves Lougheed at 2:13am. You wouldn't be able to get back.

In fact, it's impossible to do a round trip Downtown-Burnaby-Downtown on the N9 due to the timings.

You can make a round trip in the other direction though. Burnaby-Downtown-Burnaby.

I can send you an updated TransLink map as they're free this year. The schedules are going to be pricey to mail because of the weight. Best thing to do is pick them up when you get here.

Can you send me a map? I can send you some maps from Toronto in exchange. Send me a PM if you can.

Thanks

Brian

are there any N buses that can make a round trip prior to 3am? according on line possible the N22?

I've never gone NightBus fanning, though the N10 Downtown/Brighouse Station runs every 30 minutes in each direction from 1am until 4am. It's the only NightBus I've ever been on, I took the very last trip at around 4:30am. I don't know about the N22, but I doubt it does round trips.

are there any N buses that can make a round trip prior to 3am? according on line possible the N22?

All of the nightbuses depart Downtown at 2:09, 2:39 and 3:09. If you want to return Downtown, the options are:

The N10 (Granville-Richmond) runs all night (until the Canada Line Skytrain and the regular 10 Granville are running).

The N6 (West End) takes half an hour for a round-trip, so any departure will bring you back to Howe Street (the last one officially goes out of service a few blocks shy of the terminus, but that's probably negotiable).

The N22 (Macdonald-Dunbar) takes one hour for a round trip, so the 2:09 departure from Downtown will come back for 3:09.

The first N17 (Broadway-UBC) departing at 2:09 is scheduled to get to UBC just before the last N17 (3:09 downtown departure) is leaving. You might want to get off a few stops short of UBC to guarantee that you'll have a return trip.

All of the nightbuses depart Downtown at 2:09, 2:39 and 3:09. If you want to return Downtown, the options are:

The N10 (Granville-Richmond) runs all night (until the Canada Line Skytrain and the regular 10 Granville are running).

The N6 (West End) takes half an hour for a round-trip, so any departure will bring you back to Howe Street (the last one officially goes out of service a few blocks shy of the terminus, but that's probably negotiable).

The N22 (Macdonald-Dunbar) takes one hour for a round trip, so the 2:09 departure from Downtown will come back for 3:09.

The first N17 (Broadway-UBC) departing at 2:09 is scheduled to get to UBC just before the last N17 (3:09 downtown departure) is leaving. You might want to get off a few stops short of UBC to guarantee that you'll have a return trip.

sounds good...im looking forward to the trip and nprobably july 2012 ill be most likely moving out to Vancouver again...well thats if i can either a) find a roommate or :) find a affordable, furnished room

sounds good...im looking forward to the trip and nprobably july 2012 ill be most likely moving out to Vancouver again...well thats if i can either a) find a roommate or :( find a affordable, furnished room

Hate to say this...........but nothing's "affordable" in Vancouver! :)

Dave

Hate to say this...........but nothing's "affordable" in Vancouver! :)

Dave

It's about sacrifice. It's what you have to give up for the privilege of living in Vancouver. I mean, face it. If it were really that bad, why is Vancouver so FULL of people? Are they nuts??? It should be empty. It's expensive, taxed to the hilt, and rains all the time. Those funny looking buses everywhere with those wires and poles all over the place?? Why are there so many people in Vancouver??? T. Harris and I would just love it if some people skootched over and made some (affordable) room for us.

On the other hand, Edmonton is affordable, and still has vacancies in pretty much all the apartments. Everyday low prices and big Alberta skies and sunshine. Festival City !!!! It's so perfect that nothing needs to be done. People can clock in and then spend their days volunteering for festivals and eating their faces off. Cowboy hats and F350's for everyone - and gas so cheap they can afford to throw out their trolley system, and throw in free provincial health care to look after diesel exhaust victims.

So, what's keeping people in Vancouver and out of Edmonton? Vancouver is a paradise and Edmonton is a craphole. Simple.

I know why I'm moving, I need trolleys and I love rain. Do you really think I want to give up a job that I could have FULL pension from in 5 1/2 years, one tax instead of three, and a huge one bedroom apartment for $695.00 / month? Also, moving away from son and soon to be born grandchild? These decisions are keeping me up at night, but I have had enough of this craphole. It is making me sick.

I can get a bit of a job, combined with reduced pensions, I should be able to make ends meet, and family can visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'll be there for a few days next month and was wondering how the fares work -- I'll be taking the Skytrain & Translink, is there a universal fare system where I can buy a pass for a day and it works for all systems in metro Vancouver area?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'll be there for a few days next month and was wondering how the fares work -- I'll be taking the Skytrain & Translink, is there a universal fare system where I can buy a pass for a day and it works for all systems in metro Vancouver area?

Day passes cost $9, it's good for unlimited travel for one day on the buses, SeaBus and SkyTrain across all zones. Day passes are only for sale at ticket machines and Fare Dealer locations, not on-board buses.

There are 3 fare zones within the Metro area, they are as follows, also note the entire system is 1 zone during evenings and weekends, special rules apply to the airport as well:

Zone 1: Vancouver

Zone 2: North Shore, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster.

Zone 3: Surrey, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge.

Airport: If you are coming from outside the airport zone it's like it's part of zone 2, travel within the airport zone does not require a fare, purchasing a ticket in the airport zone to go out of the airport zone is subject to a $5 surcharge, you do not have to pay this if you already have a ticket or day pass.

Single fares are valid on all modes of transit (just like a day pass) but are valid for only 90 minutes, they come in 3 prices, depending on how many zones you travel through, they can be purchase from ticket machines, FareDealers and on-board buses.:

1 zone: $2.50

2 zones: $3.75

all zones: $5.00

Another fun fact: although you have to take a BC Ferry to get to it, the transit service on Bowen Island can be used with a transfer valid for zone 2 or a day pass.

• 2 weeks later...

So me and 2822 have our bus tickets for July and we were wondering who wants to hang with us during the week do some fanning/sightseeing (as yes we are planning to go to some attractions as well) Friday we are going to Vancouver Island..catching the 7am ferry to Victoria and 9pm ferry back to Vancouver...who wants to hang with us and what day works for you send me a pm

So me and 2822 have our bus tickets for July and we were wondering who wants to hang with us during the week do some fanning/sightseeing (as yes we are planning to go to some attractions as well) Friday we are going to Vancouver Island..catching the 7am ferry to Victoria and 9pm ferry back to Vancouver...who wants to hang with us and what day works for you send me a pm

I am in victoria im in any day i will have to check i might be on vaction that week to kamloops if not im in forsure for victoria i will talk to another guy in victoria as well pm me for more info

catching the 7am ferry to Victoria and 9pm ferry back to Vancouver

You're going to be in for a brutally long day. I've done that daytrip quite a few times, and I usually run out of gas by lunchtime. The last time I did it (think it was two years ago) I only got four hours' sleep the night before. I think that's why I haven't done it since. So go to bed early if you want to stand any chance of lasting the entire day!