TTC Orion VII Movement List

42 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

I saw a low 8200, perhaps 821x, northbound on Weston Road somewhere above the 401, either an 89 or 165. I thought all these had gone to Queensway? Was it back for a nostalgic throwback?

You might be thinking about 8217 witch is on the 73 Royal York as of now. 73 Royal York goes through the same area as the 89 and 165 

8 hours ago, gtatransitfanner said:

4 more 2010's have been listed under "Stored" Status - 8108, 8123, 8154 and 8183, all are currently tracking at North Queen lot.

See what I mean it was really not practical to transfer all these old farts to Queensway at the tail end of their useful lives 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Elijah bey said:

You might be thinking about 8217 witch is on the 73 Royal York as of now. 73 Royal York goes through the same area as the 89 and 165 

I thought it might have been signed 165, but not sure. It would have been around 7 AM. I was too busy dealing with traffic to busfan.

26 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

See what I mean it was really not practical to transfer all these old farts to Queensway at the tail end of their useful lives 

Beggars can't be choosers. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, gtatransitfanner said:

They were built in 2010...they need somewhere to go...

Funny how the Miway Orions are 2010s also and none have been retired or stored yet

59 minutes ago, Young said:

Funny how the Miway Orions are 2010s also and none have been retired or stored yet

Maybe because they don't have any mechanical issues? If they do, I'd be surprised.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:04 PM, Young said:

Ttc has way more then miway so the chance of something going wrong is higher for ttc. 8208 retired from a  accident which isn't ttcs fault which leaves 8175 and 8105 being the only 2 to retire from issues (for now). Also, It doesn't help that ttc is hell bent on phasing out diesels giving them any excuse to retire a diesel bus.

1 hour ago, Toro said:

Ttc has way more then miway so the chance of something going wrong is higher for ttc. 8208 retired from a  accident which isn't ttcs fault which leaves 8175 and 8105 being the only 2 to retire from issues (for now). Also, It doesn't help that ttc is hell bent on phasing out diesels giving them any excuse to retire a diesel bus.

That could be an impossible killing the NG diesels for electrics this early.

While you're guys at it, no VIIs could move but I heard the 80xxs are coming back on the 45/945 this spring and the OG HEVs are returning on routes 26, 55, 77 and 127 in the coming board (maybe May as @FlyerD901 said). 

2 hours ago, Toro said:

The warranty on the 8100s are up anyways so any unit that has a major mechanical failure will most likely be retired. Plus, the TTC's bus fleet is still surplus.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:09 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Stainless steel structure, exterior light fixtures are the only lifetime items. 

I thought they also had lifetime warranty for welding related issues?

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

8308 is at Queensway for clearance and testing. If all goes well, then more will move.

Will they replace all the 8000s and some of the 8100s as well as some LFS sans the Airport ones? I don't think they'll be turning #8100-#8111 or #8300-#8311 into airport buses due to lifespan limitations.

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

Dislike 👎 nobody wants another class of over the hill handmedowns at Queensway 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

❤️ Orion VIIs. I'm glad they are moving them over! Let's give a round of applause for these handmedowns!!!

ENCORE!

handmedowns! handmedowns! handmedowns! ❤️❤️❤️

Only the XDE60 has trumped my list of favourite buses after these Orion VII diesels 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Dislike 👎 nobody wants another class of over the hill handmedowns at Queensway 

Apply to TTCs bus engineering department. Lol

8 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Will they replace all the 8000s and some of the 8100s as well as some LFS sans the Airport ones? I don't think they'll be turning #8100-#8111 or #8300-#8311 into airport buses due to lifespan limitations.

We all know the 3330+ won't be pulled from airport duties. Especially for older buses. 

They made the last diesel orders with luggage racks for a reason.