Today's Sightings

6 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Really old TTC 7910 seen outrageously oppressing riders on 50 RETRO BURNHAMTHORPE.

Shortly thereafter, even older!! TTC 7909 seen on some variety of 112 RETRO HELL WEST MALL.

I have a very good feeling they are the most hated buses in TTC. I've seen twitter accounts complaining about them and the fact they are banned from certain routes really shows

TTC:

3749 loner waiting to go back to Mount Dennis at Birchmount garage. Handwritten paper on windshield inside saying "mount dennis"

7950: Stop sign on windshield and flat left side front tire also at Birchmount

8621, 8434, 8400, 8661,8813: Line 2

4600: 509

1 hour ago, TTC7447 said:

Visual Sighting
TTC 8882 on 984 Sheppard West Express, with “RAD RUN” written on a piece of paper displayed on the dashboard.  It’s travelling with scheduled 1383 for some reason.

Usually if a bus is significantly late, a RAD will get dispatched right behind it to pick up what could possibly be abnormal bus loads of passengers. This only happens at routes that are already aren't frequent

TTC 8422 22 Coxwell RAD

30 minutes ago, CJ. said:

Usually if a bus is significantly late, a RAD will get dispatched right behind it to pick up what could possibly be abnormal bus loads of passengers. This only happens at routes that are already aren't frequent

TTC 8422 22 Coxwell RAD

I know that, but the route wasn't busy.  The buses arrived at Sheppard-Yonge Stn together, departed together, travelled together, and arrived together at Sheppard West Stn.  They departed Sheppard West Stn together too with few passengers.  There weren't many passengers on my bus - the leading bus the whole way through.

• Like 2

Just now, TTC7447 said:

I know that, but the route wasn't busy.  The buses arrived at Sheppard-Yonge Stn together, departed together, travelled together, and arrived together at Sheppard West Stn.  There weren't many passengers on my bus - the leading bus the whole way through.

Yes TTC is known to do it regardless. Its because if one bus is significantly delayed or behind schedule, lets say like one or two trips behind a route that already only has say 1-3 buses, they will send a RAD right behind it out of precaution that there is going to be higher passenger volume even if its unlikely. This happens from time to time on 22 Coxwell on Sunday or Saturday nights, 135 Gerrard and a few other small Birchmount routes as well.  

2 weeks ago an 8400 on 135 Gerrard was around 20-25 min behind (that is over how long it takes to do 1 trip) so another 8400 was dispatched and travelled right behind it the entire time. Main Street-Warden Station, and Warden-Main Street, then got put on the 504 King and left after doing that round trip following the actual run

For whatever reason, if a weekend RAD bus has nothing to do, Arrow will often throw it as an extra on the 984. I've seen unscheduled buses on there quite frequently.

As to why it was running alongside a scheduled run... that's just gameplaying by the operator, to get an easier job without having to serve customers. Ideally Transit Control should be spacing the buses out to have even headways, but clearly nobody was paying attention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Articulated said:

For whatever reason, if a weekend RAD bus has nothing to do, Arrow will often throw it as an extra on the 984. I've seen unscheduled buses on there quite frequently.

As to why it was running alongside a scheduled run... that's just gameplaying by the operator, to get an easier job without having to serve customers. Ideally Transit Control should be spacing the buses out to have even headways, but clearly nobody was paying attention.

Usually senior operators are known to do this as they don't get questioned about it. It is what it is I guess

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Articulated said:

They do this on Wilson and Lawrence too, run RADs between the Yonge and University sides of the subway. That way they can fix the scheduled buses by turning them at the University side station.

While on the topic of RADs:

8646 on 52 today. Both times I spotted it EB (at Weston and at Keele), meaning it likely was doing A or D trips.

1234 on 43B on Thursday afternoon

8627 was today's 902 Markham Road Birchmount operated trip.

16 hours ago, Ultimate said:

A245 is a blank ford explorer with just ttc logo. No transit supervisor text or anything.

Was it an older model explorer? I noticed that some of their service cars seem to be auctioned off TPS cars, saw an older explorer this month with a TTC logo and it was white, but you could make out the TPS car number at the back "5411" and a visibly removed "POLICE" decal on the front

There's also a few 2022 Toyota rav4 instructor cars

15 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

8627 is not a RAD. 8620-8629 is allocated to Bmount now.

I know its not. I said its today's birchmount bus running on 902 which is a malvern divison route.

2 hours ago, CJ. said:

8627 was today's 902 Markham Road Birchmount operated trip

Birchmount has 1 bus for 902 Markham Road everyday, but 902 is a malvern route

• Like 1

TTC

8170, 8552, 8556, 9043, 8615, 8605, 8335, 3120, 8427, 8684- Line 2

Lots of confused Wilson and Arrow operators on how to return to their routes or depots in the east side.  Supervisor yelled at them to use their maps instead of calling and asking

-

TTC A226, revenue security, special constable cruisers, and Chief Supervisor responding with lights and sirens at Bloor Street West 2:30PM

On 2/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, CJ. said:

8627 was today's 902 Markham Road Birchmount operated trip.

Was it an older model explorer? I noticed that some of their service cars seem to be auctioned off TPS cars, saw an older explorer this month with a TTC logo and it was white, but you could make out the TPS car number at the back "5411" and a visibly removed "POLICE" decal on the front

There's also a few 2022 Toyota rav4 instructor cars

Brand new, but yes I have noticed some odd ones like that EX TPS one you noticed. 

TTC:

Some disgusting human  pig boarding different 24 Victoria buses, and spitting on random people and walking off

8501 was one of them which was taken out of service at 5, another 8500 was also removed, and a few other buses were taken out of service on spot, don't know numbers

Drove across victoria park-steeles and finch and saw at least 4-5 out of service buses all with a transit enforcement or Toronto Police behind them investigating or interviewing victims

(5:00pm-9:00pm)