TTC Service Changes

Mike

On 5/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, Kumiko Oumae said:

Although this can be true, it appears route 943 KENNEDY EXPRESS is officially dead (I guess). I checked both the maps and the service summary that the route is likely discontinued. Can anyone tell me why did the 943 got axed permanently?

The 943 largely parallels service provided by Line 3 and the Stouffville GO line. There are probably other more effective uses of resources.

6 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Per @leylandvictory2, the 100 FLEMINGDON PARK is moving to Birchmount the next board. This route has been out of Comstock since it opened in 2002.

You can add 8 Broadview too.  I belive it is heading back to birchmount  as well

Also like to add some of the 939c runs will start eb at midland and finch.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:29 PM, CJ. said:

"503" buses or whatever that route is finally are consistent and every bus displays 503 Kingston Road. Now its time to add it back to VISION so customers can track their buses instead of doing waiting game

They are still displaying the normal 503 KINGSTON ROAD YORK VIA KING or 504 KING TO YORK going west and 501 going east.

2 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

They are still displaying the normal 503 KINGSTON ROAD YORK VIA KING or 504 KING TO YORK going west and 501 going east.

I know. Its better than before. It was completely random dests before such as 506 Carlton short turn signs, 502 Downtowner (Rip btw) and 505 Dundas and some weird versions of 504 and 501. At least they got them to use just a smaller handful of them

On 5/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, Kumiko Oumae said:

Although this can be true, it appears route 943 KENNEDY EXPRESS is officially dead (I guess). I checked both the maps and the service summary that the route is likely discontinued. Can anyone tell me why did the 943 got axed permanently?

I also take that back. The 140s are also officially gone as well permanently. So no more Downtown Express routes forever but the 903 KENNEDY-SCARBOROUGH CENTRE EXPRESS is still alive.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

You can add 8 Broadview too.  I belive it is heading back to birchmount  as well

Also like to add some of the 939c runs will start eb at midland and finch.

It’s due to the closure of Broadview station's terminal and the 70C is being subsumed into the 8/62 BROADVIEW-MORTIMER route running from Victoria Park to Warden via Mortimer, Broadview, O'Connor and St. Clair.

22 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

It’s due to the closure of Broadview station's terminal and the 70C is being subsumed into the 8/62 BROADVIEW-MORTIMER route running from Victoria Park to Warden via Mortimer, Broadview, O'Connor and St. Clair.

So only a 70A branch will exist?? That will be kind of weird

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Is that 519 east waterfront route still a thing? It disappeared in the updated Main Street station presentation slides.

Maybe they found out how useless it was and decided to ditch it. Can't be too surprised

On 5/10/2023 at 7:38 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

You're just seeing things. 

Kidding aside, they are supplementary buses supposedly 503S from York/king to Woodbine Loop. Most of them do operate from Birchmount.

Now that it has a couple of weeks under its belt and I've had a chance to observe and on a few occasions tried to use this service leaving downtown... holy hell this service is a disaster class. It's the very definition of a dumpster fire.

TTC customer service says they run every 10 minutes? They need to stop gaslighting the public. In typical TTC managed fashion buses queue up at the ends and spend more time parked at the side of road versus actual driving. Service ends up being super erratic as always.

There's something seriously wrong (and it rhymes with Dick Dreary) when gaps can stretch to one hour and there are 4 or 5 buses sitting there at the terminal with their engines shut off.

Of course not a single one of these buses is trackable so if you're on the street, you're SOL and playing Russian roulette with your appointments or your jobs.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

This weekend there will be no service on 509 & 510 Streetcar service to Union Station due to tunnel maintenance. Shuttle/replacement buses will operate. 509 Shuttle/replacement buses will operate to Exhibition Loop from Union Station & 510 Shuttle/replacement buses will operate to Spadina avenue & Dundas Street from Union Station. 510 Spadina Streetcar will short turn to Adelaide street & Spadina avenue from Spadina Station.

Source:
https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/Service-Changes/509-510-310-Temporary-route-change

2 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

Now that it has a couple of weeks under its belt and I've had a chance to observe and on a few occasions tried to use this service leaving downtown... holy hell this service is a disaster class. It's the very definition of a dumpster fire.

TTC customer service says they run every 10 minutes? They need to stop gaslighting the public. In typical TTC managed fashion buses queue up at the ends and spend more time parked at the side of road versus actual driving. Service ends up being super erratic as always.

There's something seriously wrong (and it rhymes with Dick Dreary) when gaps can stretch to one hour and there are 4 or 5 buses sitting there at the terminal with their engines shut off.

Of course not a single one of these buses is trackable so if you're on the street, you're SOL and playing Russian roulette with your appointments or your jobs.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Its a horrible route.

Operators are expected to tell passengers the bus will arrive "depends on traffic" every time. And also, there's no schedule. There's operators tailgating each other, stopping at Tim Hortons and other gameplay that would never slide in any other TTC route. There's always a single supervisor telling buses when to depart (but most of the time he just talks to all his buddies, even if there's 4 buses inside the terminal as you mentioned). I even saw two buses just stalled on Queen Street East & Greenwood Avenue (Russell Carhouse) just parked on the side of the road talking to their buddies. This route is truly a disappointment and i'm very surprised why a proper schedule hasn't been created yet to allow tracking for all the customers who play waiting game and to make it more consistent. Bunching is a major problem and a lack of proper communication is too (why is my 503S bus using a 506 Carlton short turn sign??)

Might even be the most poorly managed TTC route yet, to be honest

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard 20 Cliffside will be permanently rerouted to Victoria Park Station due to elimination of the a bus bay at Main Station???? Is this true? If not can anyone debunk this??

It does kinda make sense, but it also doesn't...

10 minutes ago, CJ. said:

I just heard 20 Cliffside will be permanently rerouted to Victoria Park Station due to elimination of the a bus bay at Main Station???? Is this true? If not can anyone debunk this??

Seems unlikely permanently given the amount of consultation that normally occurs a long time beforehand. And I don't see how they'd be short of bus bays - isn't there less used than there used to be, now they eliminated 64 northbound from Main?

On the other hand, it might be a bit faster for a lot of riders, and the rest of Danforth has other service. 

57 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I wonder how terrible will this 72A/100A interlined route would operate. I predict it will be very unreliable. 

I was expecting either 72/100 or 72/81 to interline. Pape Station is small enough with the current routes it handles, it would be a even worse with 5 Frequent service routes terminating there. I would not be surprised if northbound 100 buses serve Pape Station on the street to reduce bus traffic through the terminal.

18 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Seems unlikely permanently given the amount of consultation that normally occurs a long time beforehand. And I don't see how they'd be short of bus bays - isn't there less used than there used to be, now they eliminated 64 northbound from Main?

Northbound 64 buses shared a platform with 87 Cosburn.

32 minutes ago, CJ. said:

The entire scope of work is posted on the TTC's website. No where in it does it say bus bays will be removed or realigned.

5 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

That single lane section is very congested since the bike lanes are installed. It would be a good thing for the 20.

Its been terrible ever since. I don't get how a busy section of Danforth got a garbage treatment. It is very average for a bus from Main Station to Victoria park and Danforth to take over 10 minutes particular during rush hour, worst I noticed was 20 minutes which happened a couple times. 20 seems much calm right now and it finishes a lot quicker than compared to when it ran to Main Street. 

5 hours ago, wil9402 said:

I was expecting either 72/100 or 72/81 to interline. Pape Station is small enough with the current routes it handles, it would be a even worse with 5 Frequent service routes terminating there. I would not be surprised if northbound 100 buses serve Pape Station on the street to reduce bus traffic through the terminal.

Northbound 64 buses shared a platform with 87 Cosburn.

The entire scope of work is posted on the TTC's website. No where in it does it say bus bays will be removed or realigned.

Yes you are right but I heard the 62 Mortimer bus bay is being crushed off in favour for 506 streetcars track, and it literally looks like it too as I walked by the construction area of Main Street and some if not all parts were excavated. Comments in Steve Munro's webpage suggested the same

::

image.thumb.png.9fa0e7eb19a053dd0d6b7a98008d6560.png

11 hours ago, CJ. said:

Yes you are right but I heard the 62 Mortimer bus bay is being crushed off in favour for 506 streetcars track, and it literally looks like it too as I walked by the construction area of Main Street and some if not all parts were excavated. Comments in Steve Munro's webpage suggested the same

::

image.thumb.png.9fa0e7eb19a053dd0d6b7a98008d6560.png

Once again, the scope of work is posted on the TTC website. The streetcar tracks are not being touched. They were just recently replaced. Also, why would they adjust them. If they were to adjust them in a way that eliminates/blocks the 62 platform it would just make the curve sharper than it is which makes no sense.

The comment that you quoted from Steve Munro's page is talking about Broadview Station. They are adjusting the tracks there to enlarge the streetcar platforms. The image that Steve posted of the plan shows that the 62 platform is removed to accommodate this work.

• Like 1

Who knew the first public release of next board's service changes would be from Open Data.

8 and 62 are separated routes
8 runs from Broadview Station to Warden Station
62 remains the same as now
70 has one branch, 70A
72A/100A will operate via Pape Station
87 remains unchanged, operating to Broadview Station

22 Coxwell will not operate
31 has one branch, Coxwell Station to Queen & Kingston Rd via Eastern.

The 501/503 York/King to Kingston Rd/Queen now appears on the schedule as a branch of 501.

184 ANCASTER PARK is the new route (I meant really old) from Wilson Station. 120 no longer services Ancaster Park.

There is no useless 519 route.

Side note, 943 Kennedy Express remains on the route list with no schedule trips.

11 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Who knew the first public release of next board's service changes would be from Open Data.

70 has one branch, 70A

The 501/503 York/King to Kingston Rd/Queen now appears on the schedule as a branch of 501.

184 ANCASTER PARK is the new route (I meant really old) from Wilson Station. 120 no longer services Ancaster Park.

Side note, 943 Kennedy Express remains on the route list with no schedule trips.

Can you please give me a link for the source you found this information from? Thanks alot

35 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

70 has one branch, 70A

8 and 62 will still be interlined, at Broadview Station instead of at Broadview & Mortimer. Also, 184 will be interlined with 104 at all times.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

8 and 62 will still be interlined, at Broadview Station instead of at Broadview & Mortimer. 

That will give them the possibility of running that 8/62 routing if they ever need to close Broadview Station. I really question the reliability of this interlined route, there are two major bottlenecks at O'Connor/Coxwell to O'Connor to St Clair and on Danforth/Main to Danforth/Victoria Park. 

I'm having trouble believing 24 minutes is enough time to get from Broadview to Warden Stations.