TTC Service Changes

Mike

I never understand how the communication within the TTC is so bad.  Neverminded external communication. The 110C is still listed as "to Lake Shore" on the website while the service summary is listed as "Islington Stn-Kipling Loop". The actually destination sign has been updated to "to Kipling & Lake Shore".

I await seeing how they will communicate this 8/62.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

May service changes in detail:
https://stevemunro.ca/2023/05/02/ttc-service-changes-effective-may-7-2023-final-version/

The 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS is so screwed. They’ve killed three stops at Midland, McCowan and Kingston, both ways.

Good. 905 has too many stops along Eglinton for an express service.

On 5/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Kumiko Oumae said:

May service changes in detail:
https://stevemunro.ca/2023/05/02/ttc-service-changes-effective-may-7-2023-final-version/

The 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS is so screwed. They’ve killed three stops at Midland, McCowan and Kingston, both ways.

The 985B will be switched to 40ft service which means Malvern will have surplus artics.

Since this is somewhat related to service changes…. I was at STC this evening and I’ll be honest, unless they’re doing stuff overnight I’m not sure how it’ll be ready for the platform changes that are coinciding with the service changes tomorrow. There’s still a lot of concrete barriers in place in front of the platforms on the construction side of the station and the paving work looks like in the movie Cars when Lightning McQueen first paved the town, from my quick glance down that way as the bus I was on was leaving the station, at least. Hopefully someone knows what I’m referring to lol

today the buses were also on detour to get out of the station as the construction side of the terminal was completely closed off- the bus I was on turned left and exited the station via Triton Rd and Borough Dr. 

Main Station terminal is being slowly closed right now. 

Victoria Park has extra signage now, I think the last bay is 506 and 2nd last is a 20/62, similar to a few years ago.

The Donlands bus loop was reopened a few hours ago, before the actual opening date May 7. One lane is still breifly occupied while they work to rebuild the portion of the road which was a temporarily "extended sidewalk" for 56 Leaside passengers. It was demolished a few days ago and the concrete still needs to be placed and finished. 56 Leaside buses are still boarding on street, while 83 Jones are being allowed into the terminal (It is confusing because some drivers went into the terminal and others decided not to, blame control for lack of communication)

Edit: There's also a 135 cardboard sign at the wall at Victoria Park. How will this even work? 135 and 113 are merged, but neither have a stop at VP. Unless a short turn location

506C is an Eglinton route (again) but will see some runs from Birchmount, particularly during weekdays which will turn into other routes after complete x amount of trips

14 minutes ago, yrt1000 said:

Since this is somewhat related to service changes…. I was at STC this evening and I’ll be honest, unless they’re doing stuff overnight I’m not sure how it’ll be ready for the platform changes that are coinciding with the service changes tomorrow. There’s still a lot of concrete barriers in place in front of the platforms on the construction side of the station and the paving work looks like in the movie Cars when Lightning McQueen first paved the town, from my quick glance down that way as the bus I was on was leaving the station, at least. Hopefully someone knows what I’m referring to lol

today the buses were also on detour to get out of the station as the construction side of the terminal was completely closed off- the bus I was on turned left and exited the station via Triton Rd and Borough Dr. 

Work is expected be done overnight if not already in the process for most of these types of things. It should be fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

The work to move everything from the North to South side will begin once the last bus, 38 Highland Creek, leaves the station at around 1:50 AM. The station will be ready by morning Sunday service.

7 hours ago, MRD10 said:

The work to move everything from the North to South side will begin once the last bus, 38 Highland Creek, leaves the station at around 1:50 AM. The station will be ready by morning Sunday service.

That makes sense. I passed through this morning and you were both right, all the platforms have been moved as was expected. I should never doubt the TTC 

It also looks like the Victoria Park Station 506/62/20 bays were revised yet again throughout last night. I didn't get a good look but it definetly wasn't the same as they put them up as yesterday

I don't think this has been mention before. All the 46 Martin Grove school trips previously operated by MtD has been replaced Queensway runs last board. Probably due to all the congestion from getting from MtD to the starting point on time. The tripper starting at southbound Finch to Kipling and back north to Steeles was operated by a different division than the 46 since MtD opened in 2008. Now a 900 run covers the trip (previous a 945 Kipling Express run). The 46E trip is now just operated by a regular 46 run (previous a 35B Jane run). 

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I don't think this has been mention before. All the 46 Martin Grove school trips previously operated by MtD has been replaced Queensway runs last board. Probably due to all the congestion from getting from MtD to the starting point on time. The tripper starting at southbound Finch to Kipling and back north to Steeles was operated by a different division than the 46 since MtD opened in 2008. Now a 900 run covers the trip (previous a 945 Kipling Express run). The 46E trip is now just operated by a regular 46 run (previous a 35B Jane run). 

While on the topic of school specials, starting today the two Arrow operated school specials on 32 are now operated by Mt Dennis. One goes onto 32A while the other goes onto 32C. The Wilson operated special that goes onto 63 still remains though. This coincides with the new weekday schedule for 52, which both runs went to after their trip on 32.

Victoria Park Bus Bay:

2nd Last: 506C

Last bay 62/20

New destination signs are also little out of the ordinary:

506C CARLTON TO > CASTLE FRANK STATION > VIA PARLIMENT

20 CLIFFSIDE TO > VICTORIA PARK STN

62 MORTIMER TO > BROADVIEW STATION  > VIA MAIN STREET STN

Buses going via main station will also announce station terminal closed due to construction, nice TTC is putting up good use to the announcements 

I can imagine how annoyed drivers are serving extra stops on 506C,23,62. It is a pain telling every single person in most of them the bus is not going where they think it is

2 hours ago, Novabus photographer said:

It looks like the 503 suddenly came back with buses today and is running out of Mt Dennis division, even though it was supposed to be suspended until June. What’s going on? Also buses are running on the 501 east of broadview

You're just seeing things. 

Kidding aside, they are supplementary buses supposedly 503S from York/king to Woodbine Loop. Most of them do operate from Birchmount.

The "503" knockoff route is using 504 King Short turn, 506 Carlton, SPECIAL or 501 Queen signs. A few are using 503 Kingston Road signs too. Way to go TTC!

Don't even mention the fact nothing can be tracked either

• Like 1

I want to add, not really a service change but something which doesn't seem to be mentioned in Steve Munro nor TTC's sources:

506C Carlton buses still have the ability to short turn at Main Street Station (Danforth Ave & Main Street), I observed during the few days on this weekday, it is not a one time thing but on weekday mornings there are short turn buses to Main Street. The signs are usually 506 to main station or 506 short turn. As far as I saw, its just Birchmount buses that do this and interestingly aren't signed in the route in the first place (maybe because Main Station is not on a schedule?). There are probably 2 - 3 buses that do this short turn around 7-8am. 

Although this can be true, it appears route 943 KENNEDY EXPRESS is officially dead (I guess). I checked both the maps and the service summary that the route is likely discontinued. Can anyone tell me why did the 943 got axed permanently?

TTC messed around with some externals and destination signs, some things were fixed, others were messed up

506C Carlton dest is finally fixed but in an odd font for the second 2 exposures like 924 VICTORIA PARK

Prior: 506C CARLTON TO > VICTORIA PARK STN > VIA GERRARD

Now: 506C CARLTON > TO VICTORIA PARK STN > VIA GERRARD

External announcement is a bit revised as well, when the 506C goes on a danforth stretch the bus will annouce "To Victoria Park Station Via Danforth" instead of Via Gerrard (Note: Destination sign remains the same and this only happens at Victoria Park Avenue and Gerrard St Est stop, so its still glitched)

--

The pronouncing of "Gerrard" seems to have been fucked up after these changes as well, buses now announce "GEYYRARRD" with a weird accent, this also affected the 135 Gerrard bus, although it hasn't went through any changes at all. 135 buses now announce "gEYY..RARRD". Yes I paid attention to the most small irrelevant details but I still found it interesting lol. The announcements of the next stop system for Gerrard street is not affected

--

"503" buses or whatever that route is finally are consistent and every bus displays 503 Kingston Road. Now its time to add it back to VISION so customers can track their buses instead of doing waiting game

Unsolved issues:

20 Cliffside still says "20 CLIFFSIDE TO" on the destination sign when going westbound. When the bus goes eastbound the side sign is not properly centered. Same with 62 Mortimer going east.

135/64 buses will announce just "Danforth Ave" when on street stop for Main Station. 87 and 23 and 62 and 113 announce "Main St Main Station" and "Danforth Ave///Main St Station"

And of course, schedules on all routes are mostly messed up except 506C and 20 which seem to be doing pretty decent