exo/contractor bus sightings (was: CIT Sightings)

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

Presqu'île sent a lot of unusual things out this PM. I saw 375 on the 40 and minibus 377 was tracking on it. There were also minibuses 346 and 373 tracking on the 7. 

IMG_20211223_162816_edit_591071425611369.jpg

Screenshot_20211223_160405_com.android.chrome.jpg

The 7 will get cutaways when the session is over, no need for full size bus. LFS on the 40 happens when no coach is avliable.

1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

375 was out again yesterday on A40.  This morning 382 was on A40.  Shortage of coaches...?

Guess more due to very low ridership on the route due to no school / everything shutdown again. Some trips operated with cutaways during rush hour last week

385 Vicinity was also on the route mid-morning.

Hi

This is Julian Mazzone (Trains4ever)

just a quick fleet site update

TM

29211-29214, 29267 are retired

RTCR 29201-29204 are retired since july

CITLR 805225 can not be possible because it was in st amable in july

804335, 816334 RETIRED SINCE JULY

821338 RETIRED

5047334 RETIRED

5055335 RETIRED

808338 IS ACTIVE

Any info on a few vehicles that have not been seen for a while

CITROUS

811107 (WAS IN EXO LIVERY)

811207 (WAS IN EXO LIVERY)

889009 (WAS IN EXO LIVERY)

CITLR

Any info on these busses?

Where are the transdev and bell horizon busses being held?

how long will this contract be for?

8 hours ago, citfan2020 said:

Found the bus

805225 is actually 805316

they probably took the tracker from that bud and put it in 805316 and the info has never been changed 

Never mind 

I saw it from the highway I know it was a X3-45

Did you really have to post the same thing in 4 different topics...

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, citfan2020 said:

Any idea what will happen to Mansfield and TCV onc REM starts?

i believe the only busses that will go there are CITSO, Sherbrooke, CITVR, CITHSL and maybe Ste Julie 

This is not really a "sighting", so I don't think this is exactly the right place for this question to be asked.

However, to answer the question... from my perspective as an outsider, I suspect there may still be some buses operating direct to Downtown Montreal even after the opening of REM. For example, Sainte-Julie route 600 still operates direct to Terminus Mansfield, despite going directly past Terminus Longueuil, which has the Metro line directly across into Montreal.

TCV is stuck in place - it's got a lot of infrastructure into and surrounding it, it won't be going anywhere. However, if all of the commuter buses using Mansfield can be consolidated into TCV, then it's quite probable that Mansfield can be sold off and redeveloped. I suspect that's why it was built as an open air terminal, to act as a temporary relief of TCV, rather than being constructed in the base of a building like TCV, unable to be redeveloped once its usefulness has expired.

4 hours ago, Articulated said:

I suspect there may still be some buses operating direct to Downtown Montreal even after the opening of REM. For example, Sainte-Julie route 600 still operates direct to Terminus Mansfield, despite going directly past Terminus Longueuil, which has the Metro line directly across into Montreal.

RTL killed all TCV-bound routes with the exception of the 55 using Victoria bridge, so the fate of the exo lines should be similar. The goal of the CDPQi is to make money off the REM, as a result as many lines as possible will end at REM stations. In addition, certain territories (mainly south of the Mt-St-Hilaire train line) cannot have direct lines going to TCV during REM operation hours, as a result of a non-competition clause. In your example though, Ste-Julie is outside of the "origin" zone delimited.

Mansfield is, from its inception, a temporary measure, and is a rented space as far as I can remember. The old amt dot qc dot ca website is no longer available, so it's a bit hard to find informations from back then.

• 2 weeks later...