Toronto Rocket Subway Cars

What do you think the engine will sound like

They don't have engines, so they won't sound like them.

I thought that I read that they are to be equipped with synchronous AC traction motors (vs. the asynchronous ones on the T1's). I have no idea how this will affect how they sound.

Dan

Good news guys!

Transit Toronto is reporting that the TTC is expecting the first Toronto Rocket test train to arrive on TTC property at some point next month. Bring on the Toronto Rocket!!!!

Now that the green wood spur track is disconnected...how will the cars be delivered? By truck to Davisville? Anyone know if they are light enough for rubber tired transport?

For me, its hard enough as it is! :D

I normally catch one at least once a week. In fact i caught one yesterday and i didn't wait longer than 3 minutes. The point is those cars will be the first to go before the H5s will. Too bad because i dislike the H6s and the T1s. Nothing left for me to enjoy.

I don't know if this has been posted or not (I couldn't find anything), but what will the cars be numbered? I would assume 54xx?

They won't use the current numbering scheme, they will be numbered as train sets. For example, the first train set will be 5381-5382-5383-5384-5385-5386 then the second will be 5391-5392-5393-5394-5395-5396 and so on. The last train set will be 576Xs

I wonder how this will work when they introduce a seventh car.

5381-5382-5383-5387-5384-5385-5386?

Who ever said that they would? All the infrastructure is built for 6 car trains. You would be better off putting more trains on the line than adding single cars. Not to mention the T and H cars cant run with odd numbers, unless you build dummies. But it would be cheaper to order more new trainsets.

Who ever said that they would? All the infrastructure is built for 6 car trains. You would be better off putting more trains on the line than adding single cars. Not to mention the T and H cars cant run with odd numbers, unless you build dummies. But it would be cheaper to order more new trainsets.

The TTC said they would. The 7th car would take up the remaining space that the 6 other cars wouldn't on the platform. Lets say there's a 4 foot gap in the front and rear of the train from the tunnel, The 7th car would be 8 feet. Only the TR's would run with the 7th car.

The TTC said they would. The 7th car would take up the remaining space that the 6 other cars wouldn't on the platform. Lets say there's a 4 foot gap in the front and rear of the train from the tunnel, The 7th car would be 8 feet. Only the TR's would run with the 7th car.

The gap is more like 50 feet IIRC. The 7th car would be inserted in between as you said.

However, the TTC didn't say they WOULD, only that it's a possibility and that it COULD happen. One letter, major difference.