Today's Special Sightings

3 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

83 a new test route now?

An 8800 was also doing training on it a few days back. I tracked 7305 a little bit later and it was at Kennedy stn, then showed it passing village green square so im assuming they did 43 on it as well

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUserofToronto said:

Care for some context then?

I think he was saying is 83 jones a new training bus route cause usually it’s 108 and another route I can’t remember 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Young said:

I think he was saying is 83 jones a new training bus route cause usually it’s 108 and another route I can’t remember 

131 and 90 are the others. 

But things could have changed over the years. 

83 Jones use to have tracks at Commissioners. But they have since been gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

131 and 90 are the others. 

But things could have changed over the years. 

83 Jones use to have tracks at Commissioners. But they have since been gone. 

108 is used for the final test at the end of training. 101 seems to have replaced 90 in recent years for recertification, at least before it was rerouted to Stanley Greene. Anytime between when the operator gets their license and the final test, Instructors can take them on any route they wish to do revenue service training. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

Anytime between when the operator gets their license and the final test, Instructors can take them on any route they wish to do revenue service training. 

To add on, it's beneficial to expose future operators to a variety of conditions during training, in order to get them better prepared for when they're on their own. So that will end up taking them all around the city.

Some trainers may also have their own "pet" routes they like better than others. The 83 could be one of those - a relatively quiet and infrequent route, so you're less likely to cause confusion amongst waiting riders, or delay regular service by pulling into and out of stops.

• Like 1

TTC 506 Carlton is using shuttle buses from coxwell/queen loop to Victoria Park Station via gerrard because main is closed (old 506c routing) Pretty rare since it’s never happened since summer 2023