General Transit Sightings

newflyerinvero

At 4:35pm this afternoon, while heading northbound on Walkers Line, crossing through Harvester, I saw a Nova LFS Demo, in its white and silver colours and a rear route number box. It made a right from Walkers Line to Harveter, on its way to the Burlington garage I believe. Not sure what it's doing around here...

Fishbowl update:

Back on Thursday, 47-82 was doing the 12 and it maanged to keep itself on time as far as the trip that I was on it for.

Today, being Saturday, one Classic in service from what I've seen. 14-83 was doing the 2/3's HF trips.

Meantime, 68-91 was on the LF trips for the 11/15 while 62-90 and 28-06 were both on the 15/11.

I gotta say....62-90...I rode it today and my god...I may as well consider that V as part of the "worst bus" category. It's really been taking a beating very recently, not really from the outside but the inside....during ride, EXTREMELY bumpy.

it was like that last month when I was on it, it's gotta go....

• 3 weeks later...

To be general, over the past few days of this wek, Blue Birds have been showing up in greater frequency on Routes 11 and 15, with the usual ones on the 6 as well as the 4/5. Even one on the 12. Something tells me that they're wanting to get more milage out of them seeing as the majority have usually been on the 4/5 for the most part.

Had the longest diverted route I've ever ridden!

Was on HSR route 11 heading back to Burlington this afternoon, it end up passing Glow heading to Burlington St. to head north of Woodward instead of turning Glow (reg. route) due to accident which police coordinted off. Once we exit from the diverted route and was about to take north of Woodward, a police was there already blocking the access. So, once again the bus took south of Woodward, Glow, Burlington and took the QEW westbound to Eastport. Then turn around eastbound on Eastport all the way south of Beach to resume the route. It's the only way to go to Beach which I couldn't belive it!

This also end up two buses following each other which one of them went to CCIW and the other one which I was on it, we skipped it. Talk about messy day!

Around 1:30 there were two iXpress LFS off to the shoulder with some support vehicles near it eastbound on highway 8 between Sportsworld Drive and hwy 7. One must have broken down. I was driving by opposite way at 120 so I can't get their numbers.

The overall synopsis of this week's Burlington happenings:

Early this week, Orion V 7063-90 had troubles starting up but came back into service on Thursday and again on Friday.

Orion V 7061-90 had the same problem of having a "door-bell" like sound coming from the front of the bus. It was in park and it'd ring about twice in a half-second span. It was taken out of service on Wednesday and hasn't been seen since. It was supposed to be a 62 but it was replaced with 7067-91.

Yet another breakdown. On Friday, Classic 7007-85 may have have broken down while doing the Route 12.

Speaking of Route 12, on Thursday, apparently there was a 3rd bus which was thrown on the route as there were about 2 to 3 trains which passed through the even-grade crossing at Upper Middle in 15 minutes, making the 12's get backed up for over an half an hour. A driver friend of mine todl me about and I said, "Hey, they finally listened to mh idea." His response...."it took them 3 years to figure it out."

As far as the Inveros go, 7009-03 hasn't been seen since when it was last seen back a week or so ago, only going 10 k an hour south on Walkers Line. It was as if it was 'limping' along.

Another such incident perhaps may have happened to either 7017-03 or 7020-03. It may have been 20 seeing as I boarded 17 later in the day on a rush-hour add on trip on the 1/10.

Lastly, 21-03 may have had hte same problems as 09 or 20, but came back a day later (Wednesday) and its idoling was fairly rough. In other words, it was 'lemoning'.

A rough week for Burlington Transit to be sure.

Signtings from Saturday:

GRT: 2425 & 2204 (27), 2306, 9402 & 2610 (52), 2603 (56/60/64), 2307 (51), 2305 (55/59/63), 2604 (62/58)

HSR: 510410, 9707 & 0715 (5A/C), 9802 & 0210 (25/26)

BT: 1990 Orion V & 2 D40LFs (1), 2 Inveros (2)

The 2 HSR C40LFs and the Nova had no A/C. There was a mean driver doing the BT 1 on the Orion V as she was almost gonna make a passenger get off at Hwy 6 instead of at the HSR stop she wanted off at on York. Are BT drivers not supposed to let people off at HSR stops when they get on in Hamilton? I've never seen this before.

Also noticed the 27s had some strange interlining for the first and last buses of the day as they were not interlining with the 12 like they normally do. The first one came in with 1001 in the run box and the last one showed up with 131 in its run box. So does the first one turn into the 10 for 7:30am on Saturdays? And the last one comes off the 1 for 11:10pm? There are no buses on the 1 that go out of service until after midnight so this doesn't make sense. Also, the Kitchener run on the 52 was 9402 at 9am but it was 2610 by 10pm, I guess the D40LF broke down. 2309 has also received a full ad wrap in a white color.

Had the longest diverted route I've ever ridden!

Was on HSR route 11 heading back to Burlington this afternoon, it end up passing Glow heading to Burlington St. to head north of Woodward instead of turning Glow (reg. route) due to accident which police coordinted off. Once we exit from the diverted route and was about to take north of Woodward, a police was there already blocking the access. So, once again the bus took south of Woodward, Glow, Burlington and took the QEW westbound to Eastport. Then turn around eastbound on Eastport all the way south of Beach to resume the route. It's the only way to go to Beach which I couldn't belive it!

This also end up two buses following each other which one of them went to CCIW and the other one which I was on it, we skipped it. Talk about messy day!

I've never had that big of a detour before, though I would have loved to have been on the bus on the QEW! :rolleyes: The biggest detour I've been on was on a Route 41 Mohawk that missed it's turnoff onto Kenilworth Ave to go up the escarpment and had to make a big loop-around to get back on track. Not as big as your encounter, though. My detour only lasted 3-4 minutes.

The 2 HSR C40LFs and the Nova had no A/C. There was a mean driver doing the BT 1 on the Orion V as she was almost gonna make a passenger get off at Hwy 6 instead of at the HSR stop she wanted off at on York. Are BT drivers not supposed to let people off at HSR stops when they get on in Hamilton? I've never seen this before.

There should be a bus stop for Burlington along with HSR stops.

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a bus stop for Burlington along with HSR stops.
For the most part, yes. Generally if there's an HSR stop along Plains Road, there'd be a Burlington stop on the same post, either slightly above or below the HSR's stop thing.Perhaps the driver in question believed that BT doesn't stop at HSR stops. She's wrong. Even though that there aren't Burlington stops at all HSR stops along Plains, it still counts as a stop.Once this week did the 82 fishbowl be on the 62. Seems to me that for the last two weeks or so, that fishie has been on the 62. Yet to see the 78 'bowl or the Orion I on that route.

Don't know where to post this.

Effective Sept. 4 of 2007, Burlington has changed some service:

Route 1 and 10 have completely separated

Route 7 serving Kerns

Route 1 on rush hour, now serving to Aldershot GO stn.

http://cms.burlington.ca/PageFactory.aspx?PageID=3096

Saw 3 of the 4 GRT Orion VIs out last night...533 on 52, 532 on 60 and another VI on 64.

Heard an interesting conversation between 2 drivers on 533...the one driving it used to work for HSR and he was telling the other GRT driver how its a bad company to work for since the management is awful and the union is divided and everyone is against each other...if that's true you wouldn't know it as a passenger

The driver riding along apparently works out of north division and hadn't seen an Orion VI before, and he thought 533 was an '89 or a '90...I guess those VIs must really look like crap

2306 has joined 2309 as a fully wrapped VII with a red and white wrap that's just as ugly as the one on 2309

Also, anyone know how long it will take before the 2700s hit the road? And how many are going to north and how many to south division?

Don't know where to post this.

Effective Sept. 4 of 2007, Burlington has changed some service:

Route 1 and 10 have completely separated

Route 7 serving Kerns

Route 1 on rush hour, now serving to Aldershot GO stn.

http://cms.burlington.ca/PageFactory.aspx?PageID=3096

Well, it would've been a good fit to have it in the "burlington transit" thread but this would do. Surprised to see you get this out there before me....

The Route 7 would actually be serving the Freeman neighbourhood, south of QEW and west of Brant. It already serves Kerns.

Anyways, was thinking of what the new fleet numbers would be for the 2007 D40LF's. Perhaps 7036-07 to 7040-07. However, I can see them using numbers vacated from the retired buses, whichever they may be.

Saw 3 of the 4 GRT Orion VIs out last night...533 on 52, 532 on 60 and another VI on 64.Heard an interesting conversation between 2 drivers on 533...the one driving it used to work for HSR and he was telling the other GRT driver how its a bad company to work for since the management is awful and the union is divided and everyone is against each other...if that's true you wouldn't know it as a passengerThe driver riding along apparently works out of north division and hadn't seen an Orion VI before, and he thought 533 was an '89 or a '90...I guess those VIs must really look like crap2306 has joined 2309 as a fully wrapped VII with a red and white wrap that's just as ugly as the one on 2309Also, anyone know how long it will take before the 2700s hit the road? And how many are going to north and how many to south division?

What he said about HSR is true. GRT do have better working conditions.I heard one of the 27XX is in service now.

Well, it would've been a good fit to have it in the "burlington transit" thread but this would do. Surprised to see you get this out there before me....The Route 7 would actually be serving the Freeman neighbourhood, south of QEW and west of Brant. It already serves Kerns.Anyways, was thinking of what the new fleet numbers would be for the 2007 D40LF's. Perhaps 7036-07 to 7040-07. However, I can see them using numbers vacated from the retired buses, whichever they may be.

Thanks, I forgot what the lady said when I was in Bus Terminal.

HSR 0316 was signed for TRAINING COACH today from Gore Park to the Mountain Garage around 4pm. It had a bike rack equipped with a single bike attached. I later ran into it again at Stone Church and Upper James. Also ran into an odd bus: 510409 on the 41 Mohawk. Still retains the "51" number. Only bus on the system I've seen that still has the "51". Attached is 0316 at Gore Park, before departing for the Mountain Garage.

hamilton_waterfront_014_r.jpg

Lots of sightings from the 3 Windsor area systems on the tunnel cams for the Belle Isle race and regular service routes. This is how many times ive seen a certain type of bus.

Transit Windsor

Nova LFS-3

EZ Rider-5

Classic-3

DDOT

D40LF-16

RTS-6

SMART

GilligLF

40ft-10

35ft-8

30ft-2

And of course MANY trips on the People Mover

Not sure if this qualifies, but I saw a 'Route 2 Barton' on a rerouting turn from Sanford Ave N turn onto Barton St E. Had my camera while out walking the dog, but didn't catch it. I wasn't expecting to see it coming on Sanford at all. I was too busy looking on Barton waiting for it. :lol:

Today:

Inveros 7024-03 (1/10 - rush-hour) and 7023-03 (3/2 - rush-hour).

Other rush hour buses are:

Classic 7055-87 on the 2/3. Orion V 7069-91 was also on the 2/3 but had been out there all-day.

The rest of 1/10's rush hour buses include 7062-90 which was REALLY rattly. It probably rattled just as much as the 78 fishbowl....and that's saying something.

The 12 had Orion V's 7077-94 as well as 7066-91.

Classic 7006-86 along with Invero 7017-03 were on the 6 assignments.

Apparently a Blue Bird....not sure of the fleet number was along side Classic 7013-83, which looked to be racing north on Walkers Line across the inteersection of it and Upper Middle. I had to figure taht the Blue Bird was doing the 15/11's HF trips as it was around 5:40pm. 7013-83 was doing a 62 at the time.

The 62 also had Fishbowl 7047-82 along with another 83 Classic, possibly 7012-83 heading back to Appleby GO.

Wow, long re-route, no service between Wellington(maybe Ferguson) all the way to Sanford?

Yep. Wellington to Sanford. The road block was only in effect from Victoria to the next side street as well. They could have come back up one of the side streets to Barton. As I walked East on Barton I told at least 20 people waiting at different stops that they had to go back to Wellington or walk up to Sanford. They were not pleased.