General Transit Sightings

newflyerinvero

You'd Have to see it for yourself, but it seriously looks like it was side swiped but you may be right.

I know what HSR buses are like when it comes with damage section. One time 9214 about few years ago, new tailight kit had been replaced but the bodyshop guy did a cheap job by just spray painted using hand work style without any tape to make it straight line.

And, I do see some 91XX and 99XX back then had tailight kit, which comes grey of course.

From yesterday....during a snowsquall and cold, saw two 07's in action. One of which, 7041-07 doing a regular full day assignment on the 1, making it the first time for me to see one of them not to be just in service during rush-hours. Looks as though that this D40LF order will have its numbering from 36 to 41, regardless what other buses are retired, other then the Fishies and or Orion I, which are 26, 47 and 42 respectively.

Speaking of which, what's been retired?

Anywho, the other 07 I saw was 36-07 doing the 2/3 rush-hour. There was another 07 which was doing a school special that later was on the 10.

Other sightings:

1: D40LF's 7033 and 35-06, which were accompanied by the aformentioned 41-07 and rush-hour add-ons 69-91, 80-94, 12-83 (finally off the 12 :blink:) and 04-85

2/3: 77-94, with rush-hour add-ons 06-86 and 36-07.

3/2: 09-03, 65-91, with rush-hour add-ons 07-85 and 20-03.

6: 62-90 (2nd day in a row) and 24-03

10: 17 & 18-03 along with 68-91 and an unknown 07 D40LF as rush-hour extras.

12: 63-90 and 02-85

11/15: 01-84

15/11: 03-85

62 GO: 10-83

I know what HSR buses are like when it comes with damage section. One time 9214 about few years ago, new tailight kit had been replaced but the bodyshop guy did a cheap job by just spray painted using hand work style without any tape to make it straight line.

And, I do see some 91XX and 99XX back then had tailight kit, which comes grey of course.

9113 which I was riding as it got hit at Barton at Centre Mall came back a week later with the grey tailight cover you speak of. It was a common sight on Orion V's and I've seen it on VI's and some C40LF's as well. I suppose their idea is to just stick it on there and get around to painting it when they do the entire vehicle. Gotta get it back on the street as soon as possible after all.

In response to the 0605 question, there was nobody on it at that point. After I took that photo, it made a left turn onto Cannon, probably running up to Queen St where the parade started.

Friday November 30 -

8611 - 35 COLLEGE

8812 46 GLANBROOK (GORE PARK AT 8:35 AM)

TODAY - SAT, DECEMBER 1ST -

0722 - 25 UPPER WENTWORTH (RODE IT)

0713 - 2 BARTON (RODE IT, HAS THE PLATE OVER FLEET NUMB.)

9908 - 41 MOHAWK (RODE IT)

9713 - 21 UPP. KENILWORTH (RODE IT) - HAS THE REAR WINDOW PAINTED BLACK, ANY IDEA WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS?

0616 - 1 KING (RODE IT)

0511 - 25 UPP. KENILWORTH (RODE IT)

0307 - 35 COLLEGE? I RODE IT THOUGH AND IT HAD ALL OF IT'S DELTA BINGO ADS TAKEN OFF.

Friday November 30 -

8812 46 GLANBROOK (GORE PARK AT 8:35 AM)

You saw 8812 displaying that sign? Awesome, I've never seen a bus showing that (nonexistent) route. Did you by change get a photo? :P

HSR Today Sun Dec 2, 2007:

9702 - Route 2 Barton (rode)

9924 - Route 1 King

0307 - Route 2 Barton (rode)

0512 - Route 2 Barton

0513 - Route 8 York

0515 - Route 2 Barton (rode) This bus has the interior bus number covered in plexiglass.)

0604 - Route 3 Cannon

0611 - Route 1 King

0614 - Route 1 King

0707 - Route 2 Barton

0711 - Route 2 Barton

0515 - Route 2 Barton (rode) This bus has the interior bus number covered in plexiglass.)

Most of the fleet # will be cover by a soft, clear plastic. In which I hope it will work, but I rather see them spray paint the #.

You saw 8812 displaying that sign? Awesome, I've never seen a bus showing that (nonexistent) route. Did you by change get a photo? :P

9702 - Route 2 Barton (rode)

9924 - Route 1 King

0307 - Route 2 Barton (rode)

0512 - Route 2 Barton

0513 - Route 8 York

0604 - Route 3 Cannon

0611 - Route 1 King

0614 - Route 1 King

0707 - Route 2 Barton

0711 - Route 2 Barton

sorry i dont have a working cam other then my phone which was just lost on hybrid 0602 today and im upset because that phone is worth $350. :P

busses i saw/rode today:

0511 - route 35 College (rode) - (had leaking rear emergency exit)

0611 - route 1 king (rode) - (sliding all over the road - at 6:30 am before they did major plowing

0615 - route 1 king

0408 - route ***** (had a new rear apple auto glass ad)

sorry i dont have a working cam other then my phone which was just lost on hybrid 0602 today and im upset because that phone is worth $350. :P

Man that really sucks. Try calling it? Maybe someone found it and will return it? I would. If you happen to see that again (maybe it's a regular occurrence) let me know and I'll stake it out with my cam. ;)

HSR today:

9621(rode), 9625 (rode), 9810, 9909 and 0601 - all 'Route 2 Barton'

I also saw one a D60LFR on Barton today too. Didn't catch the bus number as I was walking the dog in the park at the time. Ran to the curb to see if I could see it but it was too far up the street. Past by Wentworth & Barton at 10:11pm. It caught me off guard as someone told me that the HSR took the artics off the Barton route because they were having trouble turning from Barton St E onto Walter Ave N. It's a really tight right turn. The girl, who said she was on the bus at the time, said that the bus got stuck making the turn and had to reverse and it took a few tries to make the turn. It's a pity as Barton is crushloaded very often. All three times I rode the bus on Sunday it was very tight.

Yah I was concerned the artics would have trouble there, looks to be true. I'm surprised you saw one there as well. I haven't seen one on Barton since last May or June. As I posted before, a good idea in the future is for the HSR to make a Rt. 2A Barton Express route for rush hour service that operates similar to the B-Line and bypasses the turn at Walter by continuing on Barton to Parkdale and beyond to Woodward (bypassing Melvin as well). Of course this route would be mostly serviced by artic's and only run at morning and afternoon rush hours on weekdays. Not sure how the turn at Bell Manor Loop is though.

Anyway, back to sightings: 9801 picked me up today again. It must be stalking me, I've ridden it 3 times this week now, all on Barton.

Man that really sucks. Try calling it? Maybe someone found it and will return it? I would. If you happen to see that again (maybe it's a regular occurrence) let me know and I'll stake it out with my cam. ;)

HSR today:

9621(rode), 9625 (rode), 9810, 9909 and 0601 - all 'Route 2 Barton'

I also saw one a D60LFR on Barton today too. Didn't catch the bus number as I was walking the dog in the park at the time. Ran to the curb to see if I could see it but it was too far up the street. Past by Wentworth & Barton at 10:11pm. It caught me off guard as someone told me that the HSR took the artics off the Barton route because they were having trouble turning from Barton St E onto Walter Ave N. It's a really tight right turn. The girl, who said she was on the bus at the time, said that the bus got stuck making the turn and had to reverse and it took a few tries to make the turn. It's a pity as Barton is crushloaded very often. All three times I rode the bus on Sunday it was very tight.

I tried calling it many times and i called HSR and they never found it and yesterday i went to the Go Station where i was told to go and they never found it either, ohh well i guess i will just buy a new phone on my next paycheck, but it's a shame that no one has the courtesy to return it, if i found somethng i would turn it in unless its money thats just sitting on the ground because anybody can say it's theirs.

This morning i saw a D40LF with a new full wrap i was really far away from it (saw it from my balcony which is on the 18th floor) and im pretty sure the ad was for Michael Lamont because i saw that ad before on a billboard, the ad is blue and white and says "injured" in a large font with a large picture of the man (lamont?) Im not sure of the bus # but im guessing 0412 because it had nothing on it the last time i saw it.

Just a small Burlington Transit update:

D40LF 7035-06 found on the 15/11's HF trips where as an 07 D40LF or 34-06 was on the 11/15's regular LF runs. (that's what happens when they look alike) ;)

A 94 V was found on the 1, probably 77. It wasn't a rush-hour trip so that made an AV.

The 1 also had 80-94 on the rush-hour and either 09, 17, 18, 20 or 25-03. Again, no ads...look alike :P .

I tried calling it many times and i called HSR and they never found it and yesterday i went to the Go Station where i was told to go and they never found it either, ohh well i guess i will just buy a new phone on my next paycheck, but it's a shame that no one has the courtesy to return it, if i found somethng i would turn it in unless its money thats just sitting on the ground because anybody can say it's theirs.

I've lost one of my Grandma keys when I was in Vancouver during summer and no luck at all. All I can say is, no passengers will be courtesy when they find a valuable, lost item and give it to the operator!

Busses i saw/rode today:

9608 - 35 college i think

0204 - 5E Deleware Greenhill (rode it, has a long pause when it changes from gear 1 to gear 2)

0309 - 1A king?

9920 - 6 Aberdeen (rode it)

0513 - 7 Locke (rode it)

9911 - 3 Cannon (rode it)

9715 - 3 Cannon (rode it)

I spotted a D40LF with a new full wrap and Im assuming it's on 0412, if not, it has to be on one of the 2007 D40LF's...

Can anyone confirm the bus number or at least that they spotted it?

Yah I was concerned the artics would have trouble there, looks to be true. I'm surprised you saw one there as well. I haven't seen one on Barton since last May or June. As I posted before, a good idea in the future is for the HSR to make a Rt. 2A Barton Express route for rush hour service that operates similar to the B-Line and bypasses the turn at Walter by continuing on Barton to Parkdale and beyond to Woodward (bypassing Melvin as well). Of course this route would be mostly serviced by artic's and only run at morning and afternoon rush hours on weekdays. Not sure how the turn at Bell Manor Loop is though.

I submitted a Barton Express idea to the HSR a while back (which I named 'Route 2E Barton Express') which is just like the B-Line and stopped only at major crossroads too. With how slow the Barton is at times, especially with the traffic and limited lanes on Barton in places, that might be a good idea too.

HSR Today:

9607, 9807, 0205, 0213, 0316, 0406 - All Route 2 Barton

I submitted a Barton Express idea to the HSR a while back (which I named 'Route 2E Barton Express') which is just like the B-Line and stopped only at major crossroads too. With how slow the Barton is at times, especially with the traffic and limited lanes on Barton in places, that might be a good idea too.

HSR Today:

9607, 9807, 0205, 0213, 0316, 0406 - All Route 2 Barton

0213 has it's bike rack removed.

This morning i saw a D40LF with a new full wrap i was really far away from it (saw it from my balcony which is on the 18th floor) and im pretty sure the ad was for Michael Lamont because i saw that ad before on a billboard, the ad is blue and white and says "injured" in a large font with a large picture of the man (lamont?) Im not sure of the bus # but im guessing 0412 because it had nothing on it the last time i saw it.

It is 0412. It was on 'Route 2 Barton' today. It's actually a nice looking ad, unlike that dentist one with the ugly shots of yellow teeth on the side. :)

hsr_0412_d40lf_02.jpg

Today in the HSR:

9604 - 'Route 26 Upper Wellington'

9805 - 'Route 1 King'

9915 - 'Route 6 Aberdeen'

9920 - 'Route 43 Stone Church'

9923 - 'Route 3 Cannon'

0203 - 'Route 26 Upper Wellington'

0210 - 'Route 1 King'

0301 - 'Route 41 Mohawk'

0314 - 'Route 25 Upper Wentworth'

0315 - 'Route 41 Mohawk'

0403 - 'Route 25 Upper Wentworth'

0412 - 'Route 2 Barton'

0721 - 'Route 5C West Hamilton'

0213 has it's bike rack removed.

Any idea why it's been removed?

I dont like an pics outside da gta!

I was coming back from seeing some friends in Mississauga (sorry but will miss out on reporting those sightings), but was waiting in Oakville between GO Trains at 6pm and I saw one of the D40LFR's on the route 20...it was 6104...and yes, it was eye-catching, even though I had limited sight it still caught my eye...LOL!!!

I haven't seen any for at least 2 years now. I would assume they're gone.

Anybody seen/rode 0708 yet? I'm looking out for it every day...

Someone told me that, of the four the HSR had, they still have two. I don't think they are used anymore. I'd only ever seen them used on 'Route 52A Dundas Local' and 'Route 45 Limeridge' myself.

I've also yet to spot 0708 out there in the past few days.