Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

0831 is the first used unit to enter service. Entered service today

It apparently did a single 505 trip. Malton to Mount Pleasant and went OOS. I got a photo at Bovaird & Chinguacousy

Screenshot_20240306-211104.png

EDIT: did some more digging and it did a entire 505 block from 16:02 to 20:47

It also went in service today but disappeared mid block and route. Could just be our dinosaur CAD/AVL doing its thing lol

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, fromthe905 said:

That was filmed last night. It only went from Lisgar GO to Brampton Gateway.

That was it doing one of the Amazon trippers. Literally a single trip from lisgar to gateway and then it's back to the garage

Believe it was created when the evening rush from Amazon was super busy a few years back, now it's not as such based on the passenger numbers in the video lol

• Like 1

I just saw 0735 out as a training unit near BCC, I was very impressed with how she looks. To the naked eye, the average Brampton Transit passenger and even operator from the outside would have no idea that the bus was used and purchased from another transit agency. 

• Like 1

Does anyone here have any updates regarding when construction will start for the Chinguacousy Zum? As far as I know, they were supposed to be starting sometime in March, with a completion date of October, or even next year?

Just now, 8000 said:

2475 has retired due to a accident during training. A replacement unit will be sent under extended warranty

Source? And How was it in training if I was just delivered today based on the picture I saw and the plastic wrap was still on the front so how could it have been retired and also training doesn’t start as soon as the bus is delivered 

Just now, 8000 said:

Source is the head office. It retired because training actually did start today and someone mistaken the brake pedal for the accerlator and it slammed in a pole. Looks like TTC 9003. Its being towed back to NFI in Quebec tonight likely

Yea sure nice try your very funny

I’ve received dozens of photos of new flyers in production at the Minnesota plant, and most were Brampton units. Lots of unfinished Xcelsiors waiting to be unloaded. 2479 is next to be delivered. 

XD60s: 2475-2492

XDE40s: 2450-247

IMG_9304.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

I’ve received dozens of photos of new flyers in production at the Minnesota plant, and most were Brampton units. Lots of unfinished Xcelsiors waiting to be unloaded. 2479 is next to be delivered. (I think my count for the xde40s may be off)

XDE40s: 2450-2472

IMG_9304.jpeg

Wouldn't the XDE40s be numbered the same as the conventional units? (2401 and up)

41 minutes ago, G.A said:

Wouldn't the XDE40s be numbered the same as the conventional units? (2401 and up)

Regular Brampton 40' units would be numbered xx01+

Zum 40' units would be xx50+
Zum 60' artics xx75+

14 minutes ago, D. DeLarge said:

Regular Brampton 40' units would be numbered xx01+

Zum 40' units would be xx50+
Zum 60' artics xx75+

Normally, yes; although the conventional eBuses started at 2150+.

I'm wondering if Brampton Transit is modifying their numbering system slightly by using xx50+ to represent 40 foot hybrid units, as the original 40 foot Züm orders were all XDE40s (same as what's arriving now).

Wasn't there a mistake earlier posted where NFI was branding the buses as ZUM units instead of conventional? If brampton didn't update their order sheets and new flyer went by the last XDE files they'd number them as 40' ZUM units. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

I’ve received dozens of photos of new flyers in production at the Minnesota plant, and most were Brampton units. Lots of unfinished Xcelsiors waiting to be unloaded. 2479 is next to be delivered. (I think my count for the xde40s may be off)

XDE40s: 2450-2472

IMG_9304.jpeg

Weird how they are using the 50 - 74 numbering for the XDE40's even though the E-busses also use that range.

Gonna be very conflicting internally when those 10+ LFSe's come in

45 minutes ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Wasn't there a mistake earlier posted where NFI was branding the buses as ZUM units instead of conventional? If brampton didn't update their order sheets and new flyer went by the last XDE files they'd number them as 40' ZUM units. 

This could be a factor as this current numbering would conflict with the incoming LFSe+es

Guess we will just have to wait and see what they are numbered as upon delivery

• Like 1