TTC New Flyer Hybrid Electric Buses

1 hour ago, Young said:

I wonder why it’s taking almost a month to put plates on them 

Mechanics familiarizing themselves first before handing it over to driver training? They are a new model afterall.

The 7000s might take faster to go on the road once they start arriving...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Young said:

I wonder when driver training starts if it hasn't already cause now they have 10 vehicles

There have been teething issues because of Vision. The XDE40s have been moved behind the wall for the time being to allow the garage to continue daily operations without sacrificing parking space

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:39 AM, Shemar said:

When the hybrid artics enter service, artic allocation would logically look like this:

Arrow: 36 Finch West (pre-Line 6)

Malvern: 905 Eglinton East Express, 985 Sheppard East Express, 986 Scarborough Express (partial)

McNicoll: 939 Finch Express, 953 Steeles East Express

Mount Dennis: 29 Dufferin, 35 Jane (partial), 927 Highway 27 Express, 929 Dufferin Express, 935 Jane Express, 941 Keele Express

Wilson: 7 Bathurst, 960 Steeles West Express

The 35 shouldn't be a full conversion because of how busy Jane is and artics on any route usually widens headways, which creates a potential for unnecessary gaps along the route resulting in longer wait times, and jam packed buses. The 36 only needs them until line 6 opens, then they can be reallocated to another route, which might be the 939. For the 960, it should be a 1:1 replacement while keeping the route at the same headway. When it comes to the 986, that route can definitely benefit having artics, but maybe only some runs because even at the current headway, the route is usually jam packed most of the time.

I know it hasn't happened yet and it could still not happen but it's been 84 years but FINALLY Jane is gonna get the artics it has been needing for almost 14 years now. I just hope they don't muck it up and ruin the headways. 

5 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

9401’s tracker has now been activated for anyone who keeps track

It’s been activated for a week or so. I looked back when, but hadn’t reported it

23 hours ago, 5242 said:

Any photos?

B96D9A37-1545-4FF0-BD1D-3FF1D5C4D3B8.thumb.jpeg.f28b36e9599e988c66bb7ad3e07f2c0d.jpeg

9400 is in the middle

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Novabus photographer said:

I was at mt Dennis yesterday and 7201 7209 and 9401 are still in the garage while the rest are outside it behind the wall. Why aren’t those 3 buses behind the wall but the others are?

Delete