TTC Delays and Disruptions

Yeah 2153, it was pretty quick eh 2:25pm they annouced that they had a problem and were by passing Spadina. Then at 2:26pm Transit Control annouced everything was back to normal.

Fun times :P

I miss riding on 2153. The best fishbowl I've ever rode on.

I don't think this effected subway service but today afternoon at 3:30pm when I arrived eastbound at Main Street Station there was an older female, in her 60s I would guess, sitting in the DWA talking with 1 Supervisor, 2 Special Constables and 1 or 2 EMS people. She was holding the side of her stomach. They had a stretcher ready for her as well. Outside along the fence where buses layover were 1 Ambulance, 1 Special Constable car and 2 Police cars.

it most likely only effected subway service for a few mins until they got the lady off at Main street waiting for EMS

i was on an H5 from lawrence at around 1115 when there was a prob with the doors...(it wont open and the door man was switching between car 4 and 5 to try to fix the prob) eventually they just unloaded everyone at sheppard...so not much of a delay except for the puzzled people in wondering why they were locked inside... :lol:

Oct 31st, around 11:30 PM, there was some sort of delay announced that affected trains southbound out of Queen's Park.

I've had experiences where the doors on H5's dont open. I dont know why the guard wouldnt notice that for a section of cars noone would get off at two stations in a row. Plus there would be people standing trying to get on and wouldnt be able to. How could they not notice?

What was he doing on the platform? Waiting for a bus?

Ah zut...

What I mean to say was "A TTC driver was assaulted at the BUS PLATFORM at Ossington Station, which 14 Division blocked so they can investigate. So I assumed subways were bypassing Ossington Station.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_28798.aspx

i was on an H5 from lawrence at around 1115 when there was a prob with the doors...(it wont open and the door man was switching between car 4 and 5 to try to fix the prob) eventually they just unloaded everyone at sheppard...so not much of a delay except for the puzzled people in wondering why they were locked inside... <_<

You're gonna have to specify whether it's 11:15AM or 11:15PM as some of our computer clocks are on 24-hour time.

There was a problem at Sheppard station today. Forcing shuttle buses to happen between Finch and Sheppard station. That happened at 2:00pm today. Any ideas for which division would be the one that normally does the shuttles??

There were shuttles up until around 5:30 tonight. That's what the OneStop signs showed. Usually, any division can pitch in for shuttles in case of an unforseen subway problem. Remember the derailement at Kennedy? There was at least one bus from each division doing shuttle duty.

Any ideas for which division would be the one that normally does the shuttles??

Subway shuttles are pulled from wherever possible. Most of the time they are pulled from nearby routes. That being said, the shuttles were probably from Arrow Road, Malvern, Eglinton, Wilson and possibly a Queensway bus or two from 32 or 52.

Something about a train problem of some kind.

I doubt a mechanical problem would be 2+ hours long, they would have pulled the train down to Davisville or into a pocket track by then. They probably said it was a problem with a train to cover up that is was a jumper or somebody getting pushed/fell on the tracks.

Can somebody fill me in on what this 8 hour long problem is?

Around 7pm there was a out of service T1 set heading south. At York Mills Station.

Wonder why they didnt just push it into the tail track? But they are doing construction so maybee it's not in use?

Around 7pm there was a out of service T1 set heading south. At York Mills Station.

Wonder why they didnt just push it into the tail track? But they are doing construction so maybee it's not in use?

There are three run-in trains from Finch between 6:45 and 7:00pm. They run into Davisville... and would be used to meet the next day's trainset requirements for the AM rush. The three tail tracks and one platform at Finch (now two tails and two platforms for the construction you mentioned) are used for the Finch station finishes around 12:30x (2:15x on Saturdays).

It's likely that they don't put the PM rush hour run-ins into the tails because they would need to cut the battery switch and apply the handbrakes due to the overnight power cuts at Finch. (The power cut is required to facilitate the construction work.) If they needed to move those trains (to accommodate a disabled train, for example)... there would be a lot of work to make it operational.

They also use the run-in trains as change-offs for other trains on the line. For example rather than run the train into Davisville, a train is put into the tail track. When a later train pulls into Finch... it's taken out of service and run into Davisville. The train in the tail track is brought out and pressed into service as a replacement.