Edmonton BBC's

captaintrolley

Hybrid = Unreliable eh? We in Toronto have found that out long ago!

I thought that the Orions were the most reliable... taking Edmonton's experience that the only hybrids that run are the Orions, even if 6001 & 6002 were able to run. Lets not talk about 6003 & 6004 :)

Letter to The Editor in Edmonton Journal, Tuesday, November 17, 2009:

As well, we fumble along with proposed extensions left, right and centre to the LRT, the claim being made that it is "green" because the cars run on electricity. When I last checked we still get our power from coal-fired generating stations.

For good measure, throw in a few of those "mule fritters" and other Col. Potterisms. There was a man who knew s**t when he smelled it, and had more creative ways of saying it than anyone, real or fictitious, that I've ever known or known of!

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice.

I can't get that Google Map thing to work right. All I get is a map or photo in the lower right hand corner of my screen and its got all sorts of other stuff on it like arrows, and squares and Xs, and things that look like zippers and when I click on something or try and move something around I end up making a real mess. It's always in a corner and I can never seem to move it to the center of my screen. <_<

Really nice.

I can't get that Google Map thing to work right. All I get is a map or photo in the lower right hand corner of my screen and its got all sorts of other stuff on it like arrows, and squares and Xs, and things that look like zippers and when I click on something or try and move something around I end up making a real mess. It's always in a corner and I can never seem to move it to the center of my screen. <_<

If you want to hide the map/photo box on the corner of your screen, just click on the double arrows (pointing downward) on the lower right hand corner of the box. Hope that helps. :(

If you want to hide the map/photo box on the corner of your screen, just click on the double arrows (pointing downward) on the lower right hand corner of the box. Hope that helps. <_<

Thanks. How do I get the map bigger and more centered on the screen instead of squished in the corner?

Thanks. How do I get the map bigger and more centered on the screen instead of squished in the corner?

To get the overall map/image larger, click on the double arrow icon on the blue bar at the top (with "Get directions" and "My Maps") so that the left hand side panel will be hidden.

189 is now operational at Sandtoft. I saw a video on Youtube here:

It must be interesting since its door are on the "wrong" side to British standards! :P

I'd like to go except plane tickets are a bit expensive and the British police are more anal about photography should I visit elsewhere in the UK. But I believe Sandtoft itself would be okay.

189 is now operational at Sandtoft. I saw a video on Youtube here:

It must be interesting since its door are on the "wrong" side to British standards! :P

I'd like to go except plane tickets are a bit expensive and the British police are more anal about photography should I visit elsewhere in the UK. But I believe Sandtoft itself would be okay.

You are not allowed into Sandtoft without a camera :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Edmo...4948/story.html

An Edmonton Transit trolley bus will not be seen on city streets in the next decade.

Photograph by: Greg Southam, The Journal, File, Edmonton Journal

SIX THINGS THAT ARE GONE

- - Trolleys: City council voted to save money by eliminating the 70-year-old trolley system, switching off the power for the final time last May.

City council voted to save money by eliminating the 70-year-old trolley system

Three of us were having a locker room conversation earlier today about this. I don't think much has been saved to date - and then turn around and build urban LRT for $30. billion (or whatever amount) where some logical trolley extensions would have covered a big chunk of it.