Breaking News Thread (National News)

Express691

Not just that there has been lots of retail closings in the past few months. Mexx is closing. Sony stores in Canada as well.

Not much different down here. Deb is closing all of their stores, Wet Seal's closing two-thirds of their stores, Radio Shack's closing a lot of their stores and JCPenney and Macy's each are closing just over a dozen stores.

The thing I've been wondering about as the retail industry implodes is could Consumers Distributing have thrived in the e-commerce world if it hadn't gone under when it did.

Wow. Consumers Distributing. That's going back a few years. Sort of 'online' shopping without the computer. I think they were ahead of their time and people were just against the concept.

Wow. Consumers Distributing. That's going back a few years. Sort of 'online' shopping without the computer. I think they were ahead of their time and people were just against the concept.

Actually, it was a lot of things that did them in including Walmart. But it does make one wonder if its stores were how the future of retail will turn out to be with some significant improvements like online prepay pickup.

Actually, it was a lot of things that did them in including Walmart. But it does make one wonder if its stores were how the future of retail will turn out to be with some significant improvements like online prepay pickup.

What it was that did them in was their catalog that was printed in advance with the prices. Other stores would see this and just undercut the prices.

for me, i have to try on things in store, just recently i was buying shorts in florida, i tried on two pairs of shorts by the same company, one was a slightly different style but both the same waist size, one fit good, not to tight not to loose, the other was tight around the waist.... and shoes are also another thing i have to try on, my shoe size is about 15, it can vary from company to company

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...