2015 60' Articulated Bus Order (Diesel or Diesel/Electric Hyrbid)

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

4 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Our fleet procurement team is at New Flyer in Winnipeg this morning taking a look at the 16200 series order.  Saw some photos of a few in different phases on assembly. 

Exciting!! Can't wait to get these. Whatever anybody says about D40LF's, Burnaby depot is going to be a LOT better with less D60LF's. ;) Too bad these buses couldn't be here for the 95 rebranding.

5 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Our fleet procurement team is at New Flyer in Winnipeg this morning taking a look at the 16200 series order.  Saw some photos of a few in different phases on assembly.  The team will be going down to Cookston later to inspect the first unit so that prove none of these have even left New Flyer.

No comment. Then I dont know what I saw.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2016 at 9:14 PM, Opal said:

There are many of the new XN40s visible from Steveston Highway, so you most likely saw those.  They are 160xx numbers.  When there are two together, due to the paint scheme, they can look like artics.  When I first saw them there, I thought they were artics as well but then I noticed it was two buses back-to-back.  The numbers on these are in the upper right back corner, already with the H and in the new font.  The destination sign is centre of the back (same as the 14xxx XN40s).

No I saw the destination sign where the NovaBus LFS have their destination sign and the fleet number like a XN40

26 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

No I saw the destination sign where the NovaBus LFS have their destination sign and the fleet number like a XN40

Again, let's use logic.  What is more likely?

1) That there is a bus out there with a unique rear configuration that you and you alone have seen; that not even people who work at RTC have seen, and that would not fit into any of the current orders (all the XD40's are in service, with none having a different rear configuration, and you insist it's not an XN40). 

Or

2) That you are mis-remembering and mixing up details of a bus that you saw through a fence when passing by in traffic.

We've all been patient and explained to you what you actually saw, but enough is enough.  What you saw was an XN40 bound for Hamilton receiving per-service work at RTC.  At this point any further claim otherwise is nothing more than spamming the forum.

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

My mouth and lips are watering, despite the cold! 

C'mon guys, show some love to the D60LF's... the arrival of the 16200's marks the next phase of their departure.

1 hour ago, Xcelsior Bus Fan said:

Why? RTC can sure use some

Don't. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

They're going to BTC & HTC

BTC yes, but I doubt any will end up at HTC.  If all aren't going to BTC then I could see the rest going to PTC.

6 hours ago, Citaro said:

C'mon guys, show some love to the D60LF's... the arrival of the 16200's marks the next phase of their departure.

Not necessarily.  Since the expansion was approved by the mayor's, the D60LFs may stick around a bit longer if they are in good enough condition.  This would be the only way I could see HTC having any possibility of having artic's.

5 minutes ago, Xcelsior Bus Fan said:

What do you mean? Hate the D60LF's and want them out of RTC ASAP and replaced with XDE60's

Doesn't matter how you feel about them.  As far as I know, the D60LFs at RTC are probably in the best condition overall compared to others since many of them were recently refurbished, within the last few years.  When I was at RTC in 2014, many of them seemed to have relatively new paint and the body looked in great shape from the outside.  And they drove nicely, better than most I've driven at BTC.  D60LFs that spent most or all of their time at RTC also had less stress put on them due to easier routes.  The 98 was busy and long, but nothing compared to taking full loads up and down Burnaby mountain.