2014(-2017) Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Millennium2002

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

2 questions:

A: Is there another RFP for the next wave of buses? (Specifically replacements for years 1999-2001 D40LF)

B: What are/Are there any impacts to this next order thanks to the announcements from the Government? Im paying close attention to whats happening on SSP but I havent seen anything come on the RFP.

What's RFP, SSP?

RFP is Request for Proposal, in which Translink would ask for bids from companies for whatever contracts they have available. See: http://www.translink.ca/en/About-Us/Doing-Business-with-TransLink/Bidding-Opportunities/Open-Bids.aspx

SSP I believe is Skyscraper Page, another forum with transit-related discussion. (what Stormscape said)

Edited by mashedpotato13
added link for RFP

On 9/18/2016 at 3:35 AM, Meraki said:

Sorry for the empty post, I tried to multiquote Express691 and mashedpotato13. Even when trying to edit it now I can't type anything in it.

In the top left corner of the quote, hover your mouse and a four pointed arrow will appear attached to the quote box. Click on that, hit delete, do it again for the other quote, and start over with a clean reply box...

• Like 1

Back on track...

In regards to the next order, it's more than likely to see a completely new order with its own separate options - especially since all the options from this order have all been used up, and the remaining options may have expired already. The thing too is all the buzz going around about funding from the Federal Government lately. Not necessisarily everything will be getting retired - we will still be seeing stuff being retired - just not as much.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Not necessisarily everything will be getting retired - we will still be seeing stuff being retired - just not as much.

I thought that nothing will get retired until expand the fleet until we are done then orders will be for replacement buses. That what I am getting from Kevin Desmond and TransLink itself.  

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Back on track...

In regards to the next order, it's more than likely to see a completely new order with its own separate options - especially since all the options from this order have all been used up, and the remaining options may have expired already. The thing too is all the buzz going around about funding from the Federal Government lately. Not necessisarily everything will be getting retired - we will still be seeing stuff being retired - just not as much.

Why did Richmond send the D40LF's to HTC? I thought Richmond had very flat roads which are good for aging buses.

3 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Why did Richmond send the D40LF's to HTC? I thought Richmond had very flat roads which are good for aging buses.

Since Hamilton will be receiving the next batch of new buses when the XN40's later this fall it made sense to consolidate any buses marked for retirement there, rather than doing another fleet shuffle when the XN's arrive.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

I thought that nothing will get retired until expand the fleet until we are done then orders will be for replacement buses. That what I am getting from Kevin Desmond and TransLink itself.  

Except that there are some buses that simply can't be kept in service any longer, whether because of age or rough service. The D60LFs in particular are going to be held together by spit and chewing gum by the time this is over.

2 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

Except that there are some buses that simply can't be kept in service any longer, whether because of age or rough service. The D60LFs in particular are going to be held together by spit and chewing gum by the time this is over.

TransLink could do the huge order in their history of TransLink that include expansion and replacement buses. 

With this specific batch, will some D40LF's be stored temporarily until Phase 1 is officially approved in November or will HTC simply have a larger depot, and use the D40LF's less until expansion comes? Because if the above is true, and nothing is 'retired', then HTC will have over 200 busses,

75 Diesel NFI busses,

75 Nova HEV

64 XN40's