General CTrain Discussion

27 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

I believe that Pantograf, one of the boards longest and most reliable insiders, already provided the reason that this consist is on the red line….

I dont know anyone here so dont come at me. I am just a commuter and fare payer.

Just now, 2102 said:

You're trying to reason with a foamer here 😂

Who the heck is a foamer

5 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

From Urban Dictionary:

A foamer is a [bus] fan, most likely someone who has just gotten into the hobby, who foams at the mouth when they see a [bus].

I have not just gotten into the hobby and certainly dont foam from my mouth ever.

Anyone remember the trial train from siemens? It ran from anderson to one stop at 162nd Avenue to see if it was worth adding CTrain service! Now we have our answer😌

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

32 minutes ago, 7979 d40lf fan said:

I have not just gotten into the hobby and certainly dont foam from my mouth ever.

Anyone remember the trial train from siemens? It ran from anderson to one stop at 162nd Avenue to see if it was worth adding CTrain service! Now we have our answer😌

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

I remember that thing… I actually rode it when it ran in Edmonton in old Strathcona during a long weekend demonstration. 

At the time the Edmonton Radial Railway never ran down that section until a few years later.

We hopped on near the Strathcona barns, and it ran to the 109th Street tunnel. 

it was super cool unfortunately I never had the chance to see it in Calgary. 

45 minutes ago, 7979 d40lf fan said:

I dont know anyone here so dont come at me. I am just a commuter and fare payer.

Some of your posts, where you argue with insiders, who quite frankly, risk their jobs everyday, providing this board accurate information on a daily basis, is leading you into these situations.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, 7979 d40lf fan said:

Who the heck is a foamer

Not to worry no one is coming at you.

A foamer is somebody that “drools” in awe when a train, or a bus goes by. 

It’s safe to say that we are all foamers here. You are among friends that enjoy the hobby. 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LRT said:

I remember that thing… I actually rode it when it ran in Edmonton in old Strathcona during a long weekend demonstration. 

At the time the Edmonton Radial Railway never ran down that section until a few years later.

We hopped on near the Strathcona barns, and it ran to the 109th Street tunnel. 

it was super cool unfortunately I never had the chance to see it in Calgary. 

I did ride it over in germany once a few years ago but never rode it in calgary. It was only here for 5 months though.

14 minutes ago, LRT said:

Not to worry no one is coming at you.

A foamer is somebody that “drools” in awe when a train, or a bus goes by. 

It’s safe to say that we are all foamers here. You are among friends that enjoy the hobby. 🙂

What friends? Seems like most people here hate this hobby and must be forced.

• Confused 3

On 8/31/2023 at 7:51 PM, PartiallySD said:

… why would they do that? Did you fail to read any of the information posted in this thread in the last 8 hours? Completely irregardless of that, what makes you think that they wouldn’t just wrap an Anderson/Haysboro based unit??? 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Exactly, the wrap has nothing to do with it. The series 8 consist is temporarily at Anderson garage for further testing of the new software. When the testing period is over, the train will return to OBMF.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 10:50 PM, 7979 d40lf fan said:

I do; I was in the Big C the last week it ran and got some slides of it - including 2 experts who were well qualified to endorse it, namely my 2 elder nephews who were then 6. Later I showed some of those slides in Ottawa; it convinced the City to start what's now called the Trillium Line.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, School Bus 101 said:

Don't like it. Station names should be brief and concise... are there really any college students who would not know that City Hall is the station they need to exit at? 

Agreed, hyphenated station names need to be sent for the grave. Vast majority of the time they’re completely unnecessary and even if not, what’s wrong with using London’s style of “exit here for ________” announcement.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, 7979 d40lf fan said:

They should of kept olympic plaza station. I prefer the old designs of downtown stations.

I miss those old stations too, but as a Security Professional I appreciate the open designs of the new ones for their sightlines. I'm also not sure if those old platforms could handle the crowds we get sometimes nowadays.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dreadteir said:

I miss those old stations too, but as a Security Professional I appreciate the open designs of the new ones for their sightlines. I'm also not sure if those old platforms could handle the crowds we get sometimes nowadays.

True yeah. I mainly just wish they kept the colour theme/design and names. But make them more open like ours now just put the coloured shelter or station roofs.

21 minutes ago, agott said:

Something I’ve noticed every day is that trains at Somerset will sometimes go past the station, south of that last crossing, and just stay there for a while, turned off with no driver. Anyone know why?

Sometimes if a train breaks down they will use the tail track to get them out of the way.

If trains get backed up during an emergency distruption they will park the trains at the tail tracks until there’s a time that they can move them back into service or back to the garage. 

Trains are also stored at the tail tracks to be used as a remote storage location as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:32 PM, Dreadteir said:

They couldn't handle the crowds they had THEN. At least nowadays if a platform is full of people, we aren't crammed together as if we are already on the train.

• 3 months later...