New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

22 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Yes they are store inside.

There should have been 3 shuttles outside with 8095 as well.

Just the 1 shuttle sitting outside next to P8095. The ones that are inside can they be spotted during the daytime?

6 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

With the upcoming service improvements taking effect April 24th & with all the D40LF's in storage has CMBC started prepping these buses in getting them back into service again for that they can be ready for April 24th?

Im pretty sure by the way it looks, is that simply the buses that havent been retired yet, wont be retired, but maintained as long as they possibly can. It doesnt seem we have had many retirements given the amount of XN40s going into service.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2017 at 6:25 PM, Marlow1331 said:

Im pretty sure by the way it looks, is that simply the buses that havent been retired yet, wont be retired, but maintained as long as they possibly can. It doesnt seem we have had many retirements given the amount of XN40s going into service.

Seems like they are delivering the XN40s to Hamilton, so that they can send some of the D40LFs back to Surrey.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

H7168 is most likely NOT being retired just yet. Earlier this week it reappeared outside the shops at HTC with a very visible repair to the right side; a body panel had been replaced but not yet painted, so half the side of the bus was the colour of plain metal. Today, the bus was in the same place again, but this time the right side sported shiny new paint. It still needs a CVI though, so I doubt it will be back on the road right away. I have no idea where H3287 is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

H7168 is most likely NOT being retired just yet. Earlier this week it reappeared outside the shops at HTC with a very visible repair to the right side; a body panel had been replaced but not yet painted, so half the side of the bus was the colour of plain metal. Today, the bus was in the same place again, but this time the right side sported shiny new paint. It still needs a CVI though, so I doubt it will be back on the road right away.

Watch it get an S.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2017 at 10:04 PM, MCW Metrobus said:

H7168 is most likely NOT being retired just yet. Earlier this week it reappeared outside the shops at HTC with a very visible repair to the right side.

It is not there anymore, all I saw were some novas from a passing 410

UPDATE, May 19 - Its back there alongside 7215

7155 last spotted at STC on the BO line this morning. (Not the fence)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 11:36 AM, Express691 said:

It is not there anymore, all I saw were some novas from a passing 410

UPDATE, May 19 - Its back there alongside 7215

7155 last spotted at STC on the BO line this morning. (Not the fence)

It's not showing on T-Comm for some reason, but 7155 is back in service. I saw it this afternoon at 22nd St Station as a 340.

It was already mentioned in another thread that 7168 returned to service two days ago, but the destination sign wasn't working. Someone made up card signs for 112, 116, 129.

On 01/06/2017 at 11:50 PM, MCW Metrobus said:

It's not showing on T-Comm for some reason, but 7155 is back in service. I saw it this afternoon at 22nd St Station as a 340.

I saw it come into 22nd too O.o (Well, for a split second before getting onto 16022 on the 100). I presume it was having trouble with its TMAC.

992 is missing. Dont recall 7190 being at HTC either.

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

I also don't recall seeing 7196, 7247, or 7173 at HTC dead lineup either.

7196 should be at STC.  I was riding it yesterday on a 335 in the afternoon.  Which back one of the most entertaining trips ever as I saw a hobo knife fight around King George and 108 then as well.

• Like 1