TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

1 minute ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Not sure if that's rebuilt... Rebuilds tend to have the Orion logo chipped off and the rear doors replaced.

Maybe TTC doesn't have enough of those black rear doors.  Anyways, the bus is all shiny.

16 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

things may change overtime.  The first batch of hybrid are slated to retain the original livery.  Subsequent hybrid batches will get the new livery.  More buses to hunt down I suppose :)

The more the merrier. Eventually all the 8100's and 8300's would be rebuilt. That's about 220 more.

1 minute ago, leylandvictory2 said:

and the nova will receive the updated livery as well.  I have a feeling the first 11 nova will be converted to Airport express buses to replace the 8000-8011 when they start to retire. 

They still have 4-5 years to go. The artics will be rebuilt first. The pilot bus 9000 is over 4 years old now. I think TTC is separating mech from body rebuilt so they might not have new decals applied yet.

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

things may change overtime.  The first batch of hybrid are slated to retain the original livery.  Subsequent hybrid batches will get the new livery.  More buses to hunt down I suppose :)

:D

I guess 1222's new livery means the hybrids in rebuild and next in line will be painted the same way based on what bus_7246 said on March 19?

The 6-year rebuilds are getting the new scheme. The 9-year rebuilds are currently receiving the old scheme until the company secures a delegated supplier for the paint of the new scheme.

On June 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

Maybe it has some sort of bidy rapir done to it.

It would appear that the rebuilds are now not getting new rear doors. Could be something simple like the doors are on backorder from flyer or vapor, and will be installed at a later date. Or, they trimmed the budget for some reason.

5 hours ago, Rami A. said:

I thought 1272 was the only HEV to receive it ever?

No one ever set that in stone.

In regards to finding a new paint supplier, that is likely true. TTC is trying very hard to get away from paint that contains isocyanates. Google it....it's really nasty, toxic stuff, albeit very durable.

• Like 1