General FY Moments

Orion VIII

I just received this text message from a fellow female student only moments ago...

Hey just want to say thanks for the great play we had done.. even though I only got to know you that short amount of time but it was great knowing you

Ur funny and smart.. and I hope I will get the chance to work in group with you again in the future

I was actually touched that someone took the time to actually write that. I never had something like this before.

Got a call from Loblaws and they're considering me. If I get a call in the next week then I'll be hired. :)

Excellent. Good Luck. I applied at Sport Chek. I hope I get a call back. Last time I applied there I got an email saying they would call me when they have a postion that matches my past experience. I hope that doesn't happen this time. It seems like middle aged people considering a 'mid-life career change' (like me) are falling in between the cracks in the job market.

Got a call from Loblaws and they're considering me. If I get a call in the next week then I'll be hired. :)

Good luck. I got shafted by Loblaws. Worked two shifts, idiot incompetent (insert other explicitives here) manager that took over the week after I started refused to give me a shift for 7 weeks, never went back for another shift again.

I'd like to work at sportchek but over here you need connections to work there

Excellent. Good Luck. I applied at Sport Chek. I hope I get a call back. Last time I applied there I got an email saying they would call me when they have a postion that matches my past experience. I hope that doesn't happen this time. It seems like middle aged people considering a 'mid-life career change' (like me) are falling in between the cracks in the job market.

Good luck. I got shafted by Loblaws. Worked two shifts, idiot incompetent (insert other explicitives here) manager that took over the week after I started refused to give me a shift for 7 weeks, never went back for another shift again.

I previously worked at Freshco and the grocery manager had a stupid policy where new people had to work one shift a week for a couple of months. I missed one shift, wasn't schedule for about 3 weeks so I never went back.

• 2 weeks later...

After three months of thrift store hunting, I've finally found a tweed jacket that perfectly fits my needs for my upcoming cosplay as the Eleventh Doctor! Now for the bow tie, suspenders, green military jacket, waist coat, and pocket watch/gold chain...

For those familiar with Doctor Who, I'll be cosplaying as the Eleventh Doctor at Comic-Con in his outfits from the 5th Series, the green coat outfit from Series 6 Part 2, and the new purple-ish outfit from Series 7 Part 2.

I found a suit under $100 for the school dance. F Yeah!

This should serve you well, well beyond the school dance.

Hauled a working iMac G4 and a working gigabit switch out of the e-waste dumpster Monday.

This should serve you well, well beyond the school dance.

Hauled a working iMac G4 and a working gigabit switch out of the e-waste dumpster Monday.

Thanks. Turns out I don't need for the school dance. Its cancelled and I'm glad it is. Also congratz on your finds.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally a politician with a PAIR:

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law, were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...