General FY Moments

Orion VIII

In my first high school back in 2009 a kid at the school was shot dead while walking through a field afterschool. Pretty sad. He was only in grade 9 and to this day they still haven't found out who killed him.

My second high school (That I went to from grade 11-12) was just as bad. I never had school pride in high school. Why should I? The teachers can't teach and the students are disrespectful punks who go to class high and swear at the teachers.

^ that's my school right there teachers are horrible, the students are douche bags, the school atmosphere is horrible, graffitied lockers, and much more. And also the police still didn't find the group of people who killed that guy. I know a few people that knows some people that knows the guys who killed the guy and they even told their names to me. But nobody wants to be a snitch as later there will be a consequence.

^ I never really had pride in my school either...No homicides but since my school opened in 1994 the rate of students commiting suicide is increasing over bullying and nonsence... So far 17-20 had committed suicide since the school opened... I just don't get it that they make drop out come back the next year free of charge... Why bother? Waste of time as they spend time on there phones taking selfies, pissing off the weak and depressed people and teachers get mad... If teachers had better discipline the school wouldn't be bad... We have these pep rally's and its just a waste of time... The students that are in, are brainless and are dumber than two idiots trying to solving a rubiks cube... I never enjoy going to school, the atmosphere, bullies and etc.. all around... Especially the awful teachers. At my old school my locker was tagged with swears like "fa**ot" because everyone liked pissing me off... and a few years before I went to that school the school sustained fire damage after a insane kid setted an entire bathroom on fire... Really... most of the school I've been too just get worst every year!

Maybe its because I go to a private school and instead of those luxuries and extra stuff,we have a great basketball and music program and there aren't really any bullies around. Everyone's nice at my school, and they strive to push us in academics.

And talking about rubiks cube, I'm also a speedcuber, and 9 times out of 10, I will get a comment saying "I used to take it apart/Take off the stickers. PMO everytime. I average 20 seconds per solve.

The elementary school I used to go to didn't have many problems, except for, let's see, a car driving into our school, a drunk guy trashing our library, a girl getting killed by a wall, and a school-wide search for a kid who punched a teacher in the face. Yeah, not the best school, but fortunately not the worst...

The elementary school I used to go to didn't have many problems, except for, let's see, a car driving into our school, a drunk guy trashing our library, a girl getting killed by a wall, and a school-wide search for a kid who punched a teacher in the face. Yeah, not the best school, but fortunately not the worst...

One quick question how does a girl gets killed my a wall ?

My middle school was quite horrible too. The school is located 10 minutes away from one of the worst neighborhoods in the city so it's to be expected. I remember....

Kid getting expelled for having cocaine

Kid getting expelled for having a loaded gun in his locker

Kid getting expelled for punching the principal in the face

Kid's mom beating up a teacher

Kids finding the dead body of a gangster who was shot on school property

Daily fist fights

A girl in my class in grade 8 getting so badly beaten by a group of older girls from the hood that she required hospitalization.

There's probably more, but all of this happened a long time ago and these are all the major ones.

In Bratislava, every day there is a list of vehicles to be dispatched prepared, and that is how the route assignments are decided for the day. This is, essentially, an official "sightings sheet", with no errors.

A transit enthusiast site based in Bratislava has begun putting these up online for everyone to see, and so, besides being able to see when each vehicle was last dispatched, you are also able to see the vehicles out and about that day, and so will know if there is anything of interest in service. I have wanted a tracker, like the TTC has, which shows the actual locations of each vehicle, but this is just as good. I will be sure to put it to good use next time I'm in Bratislava (September 2015). For those vehicles retired recently, you can also, consequently, see when their last day in service was.

I'm assuming that this is mostly accurate... looking back over some older dispatching sheets, it says that cars 7843+7844 did not go out on August 19, even though I have photographic evidence that they have. Most of it is accurate though... I have the photos to verify it.

9570075688_3c60edaa14.jpg

DPB 7843 - 01 by t6a5iii, on Flickr

In Edmonton those sheets are called Book Out Sheets. They were accurate to a point, but if a bus failed to start or had a mechanical problem (in the garage) another would be assigned, but sometimes not changed on the original sheet. Also if a bus is changed off on the road, this would not be reflected on the original sheet. The Book Out Sheets were a relatively good guide if you wanted to 'hunt down' a particular vehicle. It would save a lot of running around and guessing.

In Edmonton those sheets are called Book Out Sheets. They were accurate to a point, but if a bus failed to start or had a mechanical problem (in the garage) another would be assigned, but sometimes not changed on the original sheet. Also if a bus is changed off on the road, this would not be reflected on the original sheet. The Book Out Sheets were a relatively good guide if you wanted to 'hunt down' a particular vehicle. It would save a lot of running around and guessing.

I don't know about failing at the garage, but if a bus breaks down on the road then they indicate what it was replaced with as well. For example,trolley bus #6639 was on route 212, run 3, but it fell out around 7 AM (wow). The stand by bus was indicated as running on run 3a, and then, when it was replaced with trolley bus #6623, presumably to finish off service, it was indicated as being on run 3b. Dead useful, this, and prevents people from running around in vain if their desired vehicle is not out that day or has broken down (and there isn't a lot of variety around on weekends... not a single T6A5 out today, in a 58 car strong fleet).

In Edmonton the changeover units are recorded on the 'online' bookout sheets, but the original paper copy ones that get sent to the control center from the various garages (depots / divisions whatever you want to call it) doesn't change. Mind you it's been a while since I worked there, for all I know they might have dispensed with the paper copies altogether...but I doubt it, they do love their paper in the office(s).

Got my Laptop repaired cheaper and quicker then expected.

I shopped around at the Big box stores. Both Future shop and Geek Squad (Best buy) wanted close to $200 with a week wait period ,

I got it repaired at a Authorized repair depot , and it was completed in less then a day for $85.

Procrastinated to the last moment for a huge sports med project on Dental Injuries. I ended up staying up till 1am and unfortunately drinking a Monster Energy drink to keep me up while building the poster.. we'll for 35% of my report card, I ended up getting 94% on it!!!