2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

Fun on 4609, the bus leaving route Jasper Place as a 7 at 2206 today.

This guy, about 5 foot 5 with short dirty blond hair and glasses, gets on and the first thing he does is ask the driver to turn the heat down. The driver shows him that the heat has two positions, on and off. He complains that the bus is too warm, and winds up standing in the entranceway until it leaves. He starts swearing at the driver for not being able to get the heat down to his personal preference level. He then askes the driver when the bus leaves, so the driver tells him that he leaves in eleven minutes. This guy then askes if that is closer to fifteen or ten minutes! He starts having a smoke in the doorway, eliciting complaints from both the driver and another passenger. This whole time, he's raving on nonsense, about how he's allowed to swear in Canada (ever hear of common courtesy), how there's only O or A type blood (retake high school biology) and something SCES, and how he's higher than any conspiracy, brainwashing or mindwiping. He says he put ETS on the map, and pointed to the trolley wires and said how they're all new, and that's thanks to him. Finally, when the bus leaves he gets on, and stands at the front. He then askes to be let off when we're preparing to turn left off of Stony Plain Rd onto 156 St, when the bus is three lanes over! The driver refuses, and lets him off on the other side of the road. The guy is now pissed, and demands to know the driver's number, and tries to snatch away the running board, which the driver reclaims, though the driver lost his clock in the process. As he left, the guy said he was going to call control and complain about this.

Overall, it was a lot of fun, but I was impressed with how the driver maintained professionalism and civility throughout all of this (I know I would not have been able to put with that much crap.)

about how he's allowed to swear in Canada (ever hear of common courtesy).......he says he put ETS on the map, and pointed to the trolley wires and

What about BOB? BOB says otherwise about swearing. Did BOB fail again?

Maybe this guy is a former ETS employee that's gone nuts? I'm kind of serious too...

ETS drivers do deal with a lot of shit like that. Well, any bus driver does. It's not an easy part of the job that some people don't expect to encounter when they first start off. Customer service is a good skill to have going into driving a bus. Knowing how to keep you're cool when dealing with someone like that is perhaps an even better skill.

While tihs will end up bogged down in the busiest thread in the Edmonton section, if not the whole Western section of this board...

Thanks to all ETS, Strathcona County, and St. Albert drivers for another year of getting us where we need to go.

170 on the 120 this afternoon

128 and 198 and 180 all on the nickel!

Lots of thick frost all of a sudden. Janice had Unit # 128 (she had her shoes changed at WTC at 2010). Mike had Unit # 198 and David had Unit # 180. I guess the service guy figured he didn't want to change over a bunch of shoes and I heard control calling #180 & # 198 to watch for their c/o at 95 Street and 118 Avenue. I'm not sure what happened to # 198 (I was visiting with Janice and had my scanner off at one point) but we passed # 198 sitting EB on Jasper Avenue around 108 Street with poles down and hazards on.

That's fairly easy. Go WB Jasper, NB 109 St, EB 102 Ave to route. He'll be about 10 minutes late, but by the time an inspector showed up to push him...

We know that. The driver sort of knew that but he asked control what street to turn north on and control just told him to wait for a push around the block.

ETS drivers do deal with a lot of shit like that. Well, any bus driver does. It's not an easy part of the job that some people don't expect to encounter when they first start off. Customer service is a good skill to have going into driving a bus. Knowing how to keep you're cool when dealing with someone like that is perhaps an even better skill.

Now there's a guy with a white hoody peeing all over the place at JPC. Now what has BOB got to say about that ? JPC sure sounds like a fun place tonight.

We had that fog last night for about an hour... that would've put some nasty frost on

the trolley wires. I couldn't see further than a block for awhile.

That was around 19:30 or so, if I remember right.

That's about right. Janice said she could barely see a block when going along 118 Avenue to / from the Coliseum. The trip that I caught her (2017 from WTC) it was fairly clear by the Coliseum.

BBC's out on the 120 today, didn't notice any on the 3 though

Didn't spot any diesel Jimmies out either, just their BBC sisters

There are trolleys out on the Route 3 this morning ;)

So some driver asks about the fare structure on the # 599 (Snow Valley Shuttle) and gets the WHOLE # 596 (Valley Zoo Shuttle) spiel from Control. "Thank You Control, that answers my question ;) " NOT !

There are trolleys out on the Route 3 this morning ;)

There were trolleys out on the Lithium even yesterday, I spotted 170 and another unidentified trolley at Stadium. I rode 121 all the way from Coliseum to Westmount, the driver was a rookie who just started driving ETS two weeks ago and was assigned to the Boron for only three days. He went through every junction so slowly, and the overall ride was sluggish at best, nevertheless he admitted that yesterday was his first day to be able to drive on time, all trainings paid off, and he actually had four miniutes of resting at Westmount.

Most unusual spotting, 614 on 120 going eastbound on Jasper Avenue.

There were trolleys out on the Lithium even yesterday, I spotted 170 and another unidentified trolley at Stadium. I rode 121 all the way from Coliseum to Westmount, the driver was a rookie who just started driving ETS two weeks ago and was assigned to the Boron for only three days. He went through every junction so slowly, and the overall ride was sluggish at best, nevertheless he admitted that yesterday was his first day to be able to drive on time, all trainings paid off, and he actually had four miniutes of resting at Westmount.

Most unusual spotting, 614 on 120 going eastbound on Jasper Avenue.

I saw a 6XX on the Route 3 so that could have been the same bus. I saw # 128, # 180 and # 198 on the nickel yesterday. There seems to be a lot of trolleys out on the Route 3 today. As long as ETS and the drivers take trolley operation, management and maintenance seriously we should be OK. I know Mike has been a bit pissed off at what he calls 'placating lies' from everyone.

. I saw # 128, # 180 and # 198 on the nickel yesterday.
Is like my posts all missed by everyone? haha ive posted this about 8 postings up and you even quoted me on them the next post! lol!!!

Between Martin and you, i shouldnt have to worry about posting stuff because you guys will do it again anyways! Haha

Is like my posts all missed by everyone? haha ive posted this about 8 postings up and you even quoted me on them the next post! lol!!!

Between Martin and you, i shouldnt have to worry about posting stuff because you guys will do it again anyways! Haha

That's right. I had not directed this post to you, this post was directed in reply to another post. Besides reposts are better than no posts at all.

Hey, we all seem to see phantom scrapped buses running around in service. Not only that, I even HEAR them every so often. If we can't have a little fun, what's the point of having a board ? It's not like we are all going chew each other out. Just some light hearted ribbing. We can take it. RIGHT ?

Anyhow, Laura had Unit # 155 today, and David had Unit # 148. The magic show was great fun tonight. I paid $7.25 at Kinsmen for my kid to swim two laps and sit in the hot tub for 30 minutes.

Apparently not. I should stop posting.

Don't stop posting. None of us are perfectionists. (although those who think they are may just disagree with me :lol:)

Jeez Terry..Cool down a little.

He didn't really say anything.

I am cool, I'm obviously not hot :D Pally's hot :o (OK, I've had one too many).

This just in, not sure if this is just proposed, or if it has been approved.

Fare Increases, Feb. 01, 2008.

ADULT - CASH $2.50

YOUTH/SENIOR - CASH $2.25

ADULT - TICKET 10 $21.00

YOUTH/SENIOR -TICKET 10 $18.50

ADULT MONTHLY PASS $66.50

DATS MONTHLY PASS $66.50

STUDENT MONTHLY PASS $49.75

SENIOR MONTHLY PASS $11.50

DAY PASS $7.50

POST SECONDARY PASS $60.00

AISH MONTHLY PASS Mar01 $30.00

SENIOR ANNUAL PASS $108.00

SENIOR ANNUAL PASS

-Low Income $46.50

The family fare option will also be effective as of February 1, 2008, allows one adult and up to four children (ages 12 and under) to ride all day with the purchase of a regular day pass. There is no separate family day pass that has been produced. Families can take advantage of this fare option any day of the week. Day passes are available through our regular sales outlets, online, and through customer services.

This just in, not sure if this is just proposed, or if it has been approved.

Fare Increases, Feb. 01, 2008.

ADULT - CASH $2.50

YOUTH/SENIOR - CASH $2.25

ADULT - TICKET 10 $21.00

YOUTH/SENIOR -TICKET 10 $18.50

ADULT MONTHLY PASS $66.50

DATS MONTHLY PASS $66.50

STUDENT MONTHLY PASS $49.75

SENIOR MONTHLY PASS $11.50

DAY PASS $7.50

POST SECONDARY PASS $60.00

AISH MONTHLY PASS Mar01 $30.00

SENIOR ANNUAL PASS $108.00

SENIOR ANNUAL PASS

-Low Income $46.50

The family fare option will also be effective as of February 1, 2008, allows one adult and up to four children (ages 12 and under) to ride all day with the purchase of a regular day pass. There is no separate family day pass that has been produced. Families can take advantage of this fare option any day of the week. Day passes are available through our regular sales outlets, online, and through customer services.

This has been officially approved by Council so these are a definate for Feb 1, 2008

Little birdie informed me that Next signup may see some hybrids out on the route 5.

That's been rumored for awhile now. It is supposed to be one of each type, so that there is a fair comparison between all 4 buses. It's possible there could be a diesel low floor run as well as there's a group of diesel buses that I are part of this test as well, form what I recall. Now, they could just have one or two runs with hybrids, and rotate the hybrids on those runs.

Good news on the ELF front... #54 was out today. Destination sign was dead though. Makes me think that this apparent fire might have caused that.

99% certain I spotted 6003/04 inside of Ferrier. Didn't see any hybrids today... It's possible none came out today.

Trolleys on virtually every trolley run today, except the infamous 301. Naturally, today was the day I was hoping a GM would make it out, but no, they actually put trolleys on trolley runs. Imagine that!

Made an interesting transfer today...

Was on a 71 from Downtown, waiting to leave at Millgate. Another 71 pulls in. This would be the 17:01 from Millgate trip... from the Government Centre... it leaves a minute or two before the trip from Downtown. Normally the Government Centre trip makes it in first, but with the light loads the Downtown trip made it in a good 7-8 minutes before it was supposed to leave.

Would have transfered to the Government Centre trip anyways... it was 218. I'll take a 200 any day over a 4000 series LF.

Trolleys on virtually every trolley run today, except the infamous 301. Naturally, today was the day I was hoping a GM would make it out, but no, they actually put trolleys on trolley runs. Imagine that!

I spotted a GM at coliseum at 07:18 this morning but don't know which one lol