2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

Metro Edmonton Recycles

The Metro Edmonton newspaper has launched an Enviro Team in an effort to help clean up and recycle newspapers left behind on the LRT. Their efforts have been noticed and appreciated by both ETS customers and staff.

Why doesn't ETS install garbage bins like the TTC? 3 seperate bags, supported by a metal frame (that's I believe actually an anti-terrorist thing... as a garbage bin can tun into shrapnel, whereas a plastic bag is not as dangerous). I believe they have three seperate bags... garbage, newspapers, and other recyclables. Considering how big this city is on recycling.

They need recycling bins. There are garbage cans on LRT platforms, but I carry the Metro to work/class to recycle it most of the time.

I'll usually pick one up on the LRT or a bus. Read it, then discard it in a garbage bin. I figure better there than on an transit vehicle.

I never take papers from people handing them out.

I caught Kelly back from WTC. Upon parting we shook hands and I wished him a Happy Christmas. If he does leave for Vancouver in the spring (this would be his last ETS Christmas ~ as it is mine) I felt it would be proper to extend a hearty hand at this time of year. I think it's full moon today.

Edit: Full moon is at 0216 hrs. on Monday, Dec. 24th, 2007.

www.heavens-above.com

Meant to post in here.... lol

was on 3 5's today. 2 were D40LF's and then of course got a few block ride on Vanna. Wished her a Merry Christmas. I think the bus driver thought i was strange or something... He should see the people i hang out with if thats the case! lol

Saw a 4xxx D40LF with a sign saying 5 COTmount lol. the sign was stuck like that

a few block ride on Vanna. Wished her a Merry Christmas. I think the bus driver thought i was strange or something... He should see the people i hang out with if thats the case!

No, James, it is just you that's strange I'm afraid. Wishing an object that you call Vanna a Merry Christmas is very strange.

SHE IS NOT JUST AN OBJECT!

She's our Princess :P

I dropped by to wish Janice and Vanna a Merry From Terry. Marcel is back from 3 days off with a violent flu. He had Unit # 4709 today. He's still not feeling 100 % and was sipping on some ginger-ale.

James, Janice says you convinced me to go to and stay with 3-1-1 ? You did nothing of the sort. I am still actively pursuing that RFA job. I will do 3-1-1 only until something better (which will be almost anything) comes along. Anyhow, I will not divulge the details here.

I saw a few diesels among the trolleys on both the Route 3 and the Route 5. I believe Unit # 133 was involved in a 10-27 earlier this afternoon.

Janice wanted new shoes on Vanna this evening, but the WW Van didn't have any princess shoes so he said he'd meet her in the garage at 2306 to change the shoes.

James, Janice says you convinced me to go to and stay with 3-1-1 ? You did nothing of the sort. I am still actively pursuing that RFA job. I will do 3-1-1 only until something better (which will be almost anything) comes along. Anyhow, I will not divulge the details here.

No, I said i belive your convinced to give it a try. i never said i convinced you lol..

sounds like the words are backwards a bit!

Anyways, Merry Christmas!

Spotted Vanna downtown a few blocks away. If I was a few minutes earlier I could have snagged a ride.

A bunch of HPVs out, but 4703 was on a 135, and 4xxx was on a 5.

6003 on the 8 this evening. First time I've been on a NF hybrid. It's just like a diesel.

I believe Unit # 133 was involved in a 10-27 earlier this afternoon.

What's a 10-27?

Janice wanted new shoes on Vanna this evening, but the WW Van didn't have any princess shoes so he said he'd meet her in the garage at 2306 to change the shoes.

I noticed the right shoe seemed a little worn this afternoon.

• Board Admin

A 10-2 involving 2 buses? :P

Anyway, checking out Hobby Alley's website:

HO Fishbowl Bus "EDMONTON" HO Fishbowl Bus "EDMONTON"

BUS189-44533

CDN$42.95

I am assuming this is the environmental scheme on 158. I'll have to check it out one of these days.

I know I heard a diesel on the Route 3. I also *thought* I heard a trolley or two but can't be sure ( That darn Flying Dutch Trolley in the 'hood again). I am going out from about noon onwards to visit my aunt and go to the pool with my neighbor. She will have her car. Neither Lynnwood Care Home or Kinsmen Pool are served by trolleys today, so I won't be missing much by accepting a ride from my neighbor. I will probably visit Mike tonight to see if he has Vanna. If not, maybe something will go wrong with his diesel bus :P I've had the *radio* on and the first thing out of it were two diesel c/o. One was Mark, his bus had low oil, low coolant, stop engine and high exhaust temp lights all coming on. Just like Christmas tree lights. :P

I also *thought* I heard a trolley or two but can't be sure ( That darn Flying Dutch Trolley in the 'hood again).

Edit: There are trolleys out today, although probably a mixed stock like there were on Christmas Eve. Unit # 177 is on the Route 3 today.

# 177 is out there having an adventure with a 7XXX badge. So far the wire's still up, the (effective) crew down at control aren't sure which way to send him so they are going to push him around the block. He missed his L/H turn on 102 Avenue from 101 Street so he turned WB on Jasper Avenue instead. I haven't *heard* if # 6000 is out or not.

Apparently big angry mobs at WEM. Lots of pass ups.

Neither Lynnwood Care Home or Kinsmen Pool are served by trolleys today

I forgot it was a Saturday schedule. So much for catching the 133.

# 177 is out there having an adventure with a 7XXX badge. So far the wire's still up, the (effective) crew down at control aren't sure which way to send him so they are going to push him around the block. He missed his L/H turn on 102 Avenue from 101 Street so he turned WB on Jasper Avenue instead. I haven't *heard* if # 6000 is out or not.

That's fairly easy. Go WB Jasper, NB 109 St, EB 102 Ave to route. He'll be about 10 minutes late, but by the time an inspector showed up to push him...

Ken was in town...

Hunted down the route 5's in search of 6000... no luck. 156? was on 6000's board time.

Two weekend trolleys on the 5... 246 and 254 I believe. There might have been another LF as well. I don't recall seeing 180 though on the 5, and we hunted down each route 5.

572 on a route 3. How sweet that was.. further, it has a tailgate from a white GM. Pic to follow. I'm pretty sure 705 has the top of it's white tailgate painted blue.

786 is sitting in a yard south, off of Highway 16X. Something like 209 St and 100 Ave. You can see it from 16X.

Also, the former Pub Crawl Company buses, aka Dubliner, and Dubliner II are at A-1 Auto Salvage. I've actually been aware of them being there for awhile now, just forgot to post. A-1 Auto Salvage also has ex ETS #5003, the burned DATS Corbeil.

Pics attached now.

IMG_2000.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG