2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

All too familiar. heh. :P

Why, were you on the hybrid when that happened ?

:) I took a 133 from 109 St/82 Ave to Jasper Place on Tuesday, and the wires were up in Garneau Loop then.

Time to go and look for myself then. Brian is full of bullshit sometimes. And Laura has a habit of believing everything she hears (and I have a habit of posting it to the group :P )

A random sighting from yesterday. 180 now has a new roll sign, noticeable because it was on the 120 and Station was fully spelled out on the "Stadium Station" exposure. So, 180 now joins 149,168,170,177,181 and 198 with the different style of roll sign.

By different, you mean older style roll sign?

Wouldn't that be nice if ETS for some reason had an old GM roll sign sticking around that made its way into a bus?

Laura had Unit # 131. Kelly is back from 'Lost Wages', he had Unit # 156 today. Nick had Unit # 180. I saw Marcel and Capt Picard. Both had trolleys but I didn't notice the Unit #'s

Unit # 149 lost all his air on Jasper Avenue and 99 Street EB. Unit # 6005 got changed over. I thought I heard it got changed over with #6004, but I probably heard something wrong.

Kelly wants to visit Brill 202 after work. Laura wants to drive Brill 202 next year. Her 2 year old grandson loves trolleys. She said they were in the car driving somewhere and he spotted a trolleybus in the rearview mirror and he stopped breathing. She says his whole world just STOPS and nothing else matters when he sees a trolleybus. I luv this kid. Laura supports trolleys even more now than she used to just because she doesn't want to see her grandson grow up in a world without trolleys.

Has anyone seen or heard from 6003 or 6004 lately? They seem to just have vanished. Also i've yet to see any hybrids on the 1 or the 4 but i guess that's just a luck thing.

The other day, in another thread somewhere in this forum, I asked about those two buses.

Someone said they're stored in Tent C at Ferrier.

Has anyone seen or heard from 6003 or 6004 lately? They seem to just have vanished. Also i've yet to see any hybrids on the 1 or the 4 but i guess that's just a luck thing.

I have seen some hybrids on the Route 1 / 4. My friend Shawn is supposed to have one of them, but each time I see one I look to see if it is him and it isn't. Finding a hybrid on the Route 1 / 4 with Shawn driving it is harder than just finding a hybrid on the Route 1 / 4. :blink:

Both Orion VII's are always assigned to route 8, as is one New Flyer, leaving only 1 hybrid to do the 1/4. Combined, the 1/4 has one of the longest trip times, passing each point every 5.5 hours about.

I have seen some hybrids on the Route 1 / 4. My friend Shawn is supposed to have one of them, but each time I see one I look to see if it is him and it isn't. Finding a hybrid on the Route 1 / 4 with Shawn driving it is harder than just finding a hybrid on the Route 1 / 4. :blink:

Both Orion VII's are always assigned to route 8, as is one New Flyer, leaving only 1 hybrid to do the 1/4. Combined, the 1/4 has one of the longest trip times, passing each point every 5.5 hours about.

Actually ive seen both 6001 and 6002 on the 1/4...

Also noted this morning, 4091 was on the hook flying down 118ave back to Westwood

A lot of trolleys with shoe problems, must've been a frost this morning. One guy asked for a diesel and he was refused saying that there would be an equipment shortage for the PM bookout if they started doing that.

Apparently a wire break at 101 Street and 107 Avenue earlier today. Some guy called in and said his trolley was a piece of crap, and after shoe and retriever changes it was still giving him grief. Didn't catch the Unit # I got a phone call and was trying to listen to two devices at the same time :blink:

A service truck has been dispatched to the Coliseum, the WW Van is just worried that the service guy will have the proper shoes and know how to install them.

A lot of trolleys with shoe problems, must've been a frost this morning. One guy asked for a diesel and he was refused saying that there would be an equipment shortage for the PM bookout if they started doing that.

From what i saw this morning, it looked like carbons on so once again they didn't put the steels on (Have they at all this season???). Just wearing down the carbons causes these problems.. poor planning but what else is new.

Happy to see that they don't have enough diesel buses to back up the diesel fleet. This makes me wonder about the diesel backup fleet for the trolleys too... guess they shouldnt have retired all the jimmies they have already as they must need them.

In an enviso report i read this morning, it says all gmc buses will be out of service by 2009. They better start ordering like crazy at the rate they are going with breakdowns and crap.

Happy to see that they don't have enough diesel buses to back up the diesel fleet. This makes me wonder about the diesel backup fleet for the trolleys too... guess they shouldnt have retired all the jimmies they have already as they must need them.
They could have kept a few more trolleys too. But then they are probably maxed out for space at WW.
In an enviso report i read this morning, it says all gmc buses will be out of service by 2009. They better start ordering like crazy at the rate they are going with breakdowns and crap.

I wish I could get my work email at home. It's not working. I've had some weird stuff happening which probably affects my work e-mail outlook web access. I'll have to try at the library. If it works there then I will know it my computer.

A service truck has been dispatched to the Coliseum, the WW Van is just worried that the service guy will have the proper shoes and know how to install them.

WW Service truck did not have Princess Shoes, so Brian is going to catch up to Vanna at 95 Street and 111 Avenue.

I wish I could get my work email at home. It's not working. I've had some weird stuff happening which probably affects my work e-mail outlook web access. I'll have to try at the library. If it works there then I will know it my computer.

That is weird.

Your e-mail was working fine on my computer yesterday.

Looks like diesels on the 3/120 now...same problem?

I think so, not sure. I only *heard* of the wire break because of run 308 getting Unit # 150 and he said "I become a route 3 at JPC, shouldn't I be getting a diesel because of the wire break at 101 Street and 107 Avenue" to which Control replied that it was good to go now.

Getting a lot of subspace chatter, must be getting clear and cold out. I should remove that tinfoil hat dennis37 gave me.

The river valley is a good place to pick up subspace chatter too. The joys of going to Kinsmen. Anyhow, off to visit Clarke soon. Although every time I try to catch him he's either cashed out part of his work or he's missing altogether.

Unit # 148 and # 125 both reported a truck hit the underpass at 97 Street and 104 Avenue. (So there still are trolleys out on the Route 3 / 120)

The truck took about a 10 foot chunk of concrete out of the side and there is rebar hanging down.......but NO wire damage. Buses should not have a problem.

They are going to call some structural engineers to check out the bridge.

The truck took about a 10 foot chunk of concrete out of the side and there is rebar hanging down.......but NO wire damage. Buses should not have a problem.

They are going to call some structural engineers to check out the bridge.

That bridge already has a bunch of missing concrete. Think of all the trucks over the years...

Clarke was not on his bus, Bald Eddy on Unit # 929 instead, so I caught Vanna WB on 114 Avenue and came to the Woodcroft Library instead.

So they've got Epcor, inspectors and so forth on the scene at 97 Street and 104 Avenue. Martin P. and mike from edmonton are on the scene also. Pics may be following.

Talk now about shutting down the circuit (our fave # 32) but Epcor is trying to do this in a way that would just isolate the part by the underpass. Otherwise that may mean dieselising the Route 5's also. They are trying valiantly to avoid this.

Operator on Run 308 is finally getting his wish (maybe he orchestrated the truck hitting the bridge :blink: j/k).

So the dieselisation process for the Route 3's are underway. Control is actually comparing runs and not dieselising the runs that are converting and staying out as Route 120's. Smart, for a change. I'm impressed. Of course Barney is out there. Trolleys are in good hands with Barney in the Car and Brian in the Van.

Maybe they will look at getting rid of the bridge or doing a deeper underpass if they have to do any major fix job.

If anything, they should look at getting rid of it as it is redundant and only causes (trolley) problems.

Anyhow, my city e-mail isn't working at the library either. I'll bet my password expired, and I can only reset it from work. I may have to call down there.

Off to catch Laura on run 502. Bye for now.