General FML moments

vivablue5215

I spent 4 days editing a video, and when I played it back, all but one of the clips play in inexplicable widescreen, while the last one, made with identical settings, does not. I haven't been able to find any information on why this is happening or how to fix it, so now I had to cancel the video. There's time I'll never get back <_<<_<

• Like 1

On 4/11/2016 at 10:15 PM, D. Jacenkovic said:

Was wiping my phone spotless with a towel, and dropped it into the toilet *insert rage emoji*

Why would you be so concerned about the towel falling in the toilet?? More like an oops_zpsc0619513.gif to me, I should think.

33 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Why would you be so concerned about the towel falling in the toilet?? More like an oops_zpsc0619513.gif to me, I should think.

The phone, not the towel. Luckily, after drying up overnight, it's back up and working :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, D. Jacenkovic said:

The phone, not the towel. Luckily, after drying up overnight, it's back up and working :rolleyes:

You're lucky.

Next time submerge the phone in rice. Rice is like silica gel. It will dry it thoroughly.

You can cook the rice after if you want. :lol:

• Like 1

Earlier my dad spilled either paint or paint remover in the laundry room. He got it cleaned up but the fumes are everywhere in the house. I went outside for a bit. The fumes have gone down some but I can still feel them.

• 2 weeks later...

So my banquet for graduation is coming up and I booked a table for 5 with 3 others sitting at it, in a good spot. I thought I got lucky. But this afternoon, I got a crap load of messages from those other three people bitching at me saying I took there spot. They told me its 3 of them plus 7 others that have yet to pay. How was I supposed to know that there was more people sitting there? You could of asked? I don't know who they are and I'm not wasting my time looking them up asking them if I can share there table. So I went to the office and asked if the switch for different table is the possible. They said no, and only the principal can possibly do it, which whom wasn't there. So now I have to go to school early on Monday to sort this crap out. And if that doesn't work out, they'll just kick us out and make us move to another table. Man, this is a load of bulls#it.

For my son's grad I took him, his dad, and two of his closest friends out for supper at the top of this revolving restaurant in Edmonton. A very enjoyable evening, and he didn't have to worry about spending time with kids that he had only been trying to avoid all year.

The weather recently isn't exactly conductive to the running of A/C anyway... I swear, every year, weather in southern Ontario just gets colder and colder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 has forced itself upon me. I do not want Windows 10. My computer is too old to handle it and I have to leave and it is only 25% downloaded. What will happen if I click on 'Stop Download'??? Well, if you don't see me back on CPTDB then you know everything just got screwed up. My tech person is out of town too, so I am panicking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Windows 10 has forced itself upon me. I do not want Windows 10. My computer is too old to handle it and I have to leave and it is only 25% downloaded. What will happen if I click on 'Stop Download'??? Well, if you don't see me back on CPTDB then you know everything just got screwed up. My tech person is out of town too, so I am panicking.

Same thing just happened to me! I left my computer on, and when I came back, I see this. Stupid program.

20160526_235559.jpg

11 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Good thing I've downloaded a program that even disables the Windows 10 "forceful" messages and I have updates set up so that they can only install when I want to and the only updates that get installed are the ones I select.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, D. Jacenkovic said:

Fortunately, after the installation process was completed, and the usual terms and conditions came up, all I had to do was hit Decline and that settled everything.

This link has a feature that uninstalls all those files that were downloaded  - free up some of that space.

• Like 2

Now, if only Firefox would stop nagging me to upgrade to 43.0.1. I use 42.0 and all of the addons, extensions that I use work just fine. I did accidentally hit the upgrade button once but Mozilla does allow one to go back to an older version, which I did.

Another complaint: Avast antivirus tries to force you to use Google Chrome by having the "install Chrome" box checked when first downloading the program. Un-check the box and everything is fine. Note that I have absolutely NO complaints about the operation of the software, it beats McAfee and most of the rest of the paid programs.