Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

Not only were all of the '09 artics out today and a few '06 artics but a few Nova's were also on the road on the King. Don't know if they're making a regular return to service or if they were just on as extras though. There was a bad accident on Queenston which completely shut down the 2 Eastbound lanes between Reid to Nash so they might have been extras because of that. The King and B-Line's were taking very large detours.

Well, at around 4pm, an artic was seen at the intersection of Parkdale and Roxborough. To me, it may have been on the 3...

The new artics also have a dimmer switch of some sort on the front interior lights, as these lights fade brighter when the doors open and darker when they close. I haven't seen this on any other buses. Rode two of these buses on the last two trips of 51, 928 and 924.

Got 0610 and 0611 today on the B-Line. I gotta say, they really seem old and clunky compared to the '09 artics. The new artics are just breathtaking. They feel so much more solid in design over the old ones. I'm very glad the HSR made the decision to buy so many of them.

#934 seems to be the artic I keep getting. Have gotten it 4 times now between the B-Line and Barton in 2 days.

Got 0610 and 0611 today on the B-Line. I gotta say, they really seem old and clunky compared to the '09 artics. The new artics are just breathtaking. They feel so much more solid in design over the old ones. I'm very glad the HSR made the decision to buy so many of them.

The 09s will get like that soon enough. When the 06s were new they rode like the 09s do now.

9704 was in service Tuesday afternoon (why, I don't know) on 5E/52.

I believe it was 9714 that you saw on Delaware all day Tuesday. Both 9704 and 9709 have been parked for approximately 3-4 months and will likely not see service again due to transmission problems. HSR is not going to spend the money to fix the buses when some will be retired in November-December when the 40' 0900s arrive.

Also parked on the hill are 9617,18,19,23,24,25 which will also not see service again.

Kevin

Guest HAMILTON BUS

They should just retire all of the Nova's aswell as all the 96 Flyers as they are not in the best shape to run and also alot of drivers have Comp forms for Nova's as they are unconfortable to drive...

Few HSR shots that I took today which I figured I'd share:

hsr9712_sept09.jpg

Nova 9712 on the 2 Barton at King/John

hsr_orionvi_sept09.jpg

A couple of Orion VI's laying over on King East. Still alive and kickin...

hsr937_sept09.jpg

HSR DE60LFR #937 on the B-Line. Not shown but the rear dest. sign was malfunctioning (bunch of garbled pixels)

They should just retire all of the Nova's aswell as all the 96 Flyers as they are not in the best shape to run and also alot of drivers have Comp forms for Nova's as they are unconfortable to drive...

And you'll be the same person to complain when your run gets cancelled.

I'm sure if the HSR had enough buses to replace them, they would have retired them already, but considering the facts that they are still in service and their replacements have not yet arrived, they are required for daily service.

HSR 930 is this year's participant in the McMaster Engineering Bus pull

http://www.thespec.com/videogallery/632938

Managed to get a photo today, will be posted later on.

Rode the new DE60LFR on the A-Line, now it has an LED above door light outside and all of the window has a plastic film for easier to remove when it comes to vandelism!

Well they already have retired a few of them.. and they just put 17 aartics on the roads so they should have enough buses now..

As has been stated before, the 18 artics added to the fleet were 6 for expansion and 12 for replacement of older vehicles. The 12 vehicles replaced were the 6 remaining Classics and 6 of the 9600's.

HSR needs the rest of the 9600's and 9700's to meet the minimum service requirements. We cannot get rid of buses just because "drivers don't like them". When 0901-17 arrive in November, then there will be 17 more retirements which will come from a mix of the 9600's (9615 and up) and the 9700's. Some of each series will survive into 2010.

Kevin

Guest HAMILTON BUS

ya come to think of that that is true and sorry for the error of 17 i must have accidentally hit the 7 lol... and that is true.. but i was told today that they had a surplus of buses but i guess because of them having to pull off the 06 artics too probably added to the shortage... my apologies

ya come to think of that that is true and sorry for the error of 17 i must have accidentally hit the 7 lol... and that is true.. but i was told today that they had a surplus of buses but i guess because of them having to pull off the 06 artics too probably added to the shortage... my apologies

There was never a surplus for HSR. If that was surplus, then HSR would have sold off the buses that they don't need.

While reading the most recent edition of Transfer Points newsletter, they were mentioning about the Novas retiring. However, there had been some agenices (all unamed), that have inquired about purchasing those buses. Really??

Additionally, since the artics started this past week, where are they dispatched today and what about Sundays?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm guessing there will be a ton on the King as it used to be but I'm hoping that since theres so many surplus artics now, they might make it out to the 2, 27 and other highly congested weekend routes. I'm betting the 25 or 26 might see one or two as well.

Additionally, since the artics started this past week, where are they dispatched today and what about Sundays?

The artics are put out on routes 1, 25/26 and 51 on Saturdays; routes 1 and 25/26 on Sundays. Breakdowns, delays and special events can see them called into service on other routes from time to time.

On the Nova front, THEY'RE BAAACK!!!

Oh, and did anyone notice the scratch on the rear section of 926? I noticed it at 7:00am (while half asleep, mind you|was up since 4:30am)

Yes I saw 926s scratch as well the very first day of service. They are so slow up hills. When they start going you hear humming which is the electric for about 7 seconds then the diesel kicks in.

What time is the B Line supposed to stop running? Tonight 926 was going east bound to eastgate doing another run at 7:45pm. At this time it was only leaving mc nab street when I saw it. 928 has a burnt out LED light in the trailer section this morning. Will the 40 footers actually be numbered 0901 to 0917 or 901 to 917?