Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

The majority of them are still in service. The only ones that are due to be retired are the ones in the upper number series. The lower numbers will be retained as they have been or will be refurbished/rebuilt/whatever. They all look like crap to me though, especially on the inside. I think the HSR should just rid the entire '96 fleet.

The majority of them are still in service. The only ones that are due to be retired are the ones in the upper number series. The lower numbers will be retained as they have been or will be refurbished/rebuilt/whatever. They all look like crap to me though, especially on the inside. I think the HSR should just rid the entire '96 fleet.

IIRC, only 9601-9615 got rebuilt so those will be staying.

In the article it mentions they will bring back older buses if need be. Here come the novas possibly! Or a retired C40LF maybe?

Or it would be great if they let a new artic or two slip into service!

Anyways, I'm on my phone so its hard to check if I forgot to post something today... Bus 0208 has a brand new Motorola radio installed. Also it has the new AA system, and the repositioned stop request sign. Did you guys see the article in the spec about HSR getting in sh** for drivers not calling out stops? Along with thunder bay and I believe sudbury.

Hamilton GO Centre has both HSR and GO route maps and schedules. The HSR ones are at the HSR portion of the station, next to the Hunter St. exit/entrance. I don't know if the entire route map is available but I know the individual route guides are on a big rack. If the HSR booth is staffed, just ask there and I would assume they'll give you one.

The GO station is downtown at Hunter/James St., where as the warplane heritage museum is in the far south end of the city at the airport. I don't think it's actually accessible by transit, the closest route would be the 27 Upper James to mountain garage.

Hamilton GO Centre has both HSR and GO route maps and schedules. The HSR ones are at the HSR portion of the station, next to the Hunter St. exit/entrance. I don't know if the entire route map is available but I know the individual route guides are on a big rack. If the HSR booth is staffed, just ask there and I would assume they'll give you one.

The GO station is downtown at Hunter/James St., where as the warplane heritage museum is in the far south end of the city at the airport. I don't think it's actually accessible by transit, the closest route would be the 27 Upper James to mountain garage.

I was at the Hamilton GO Centre a few days ago and they had TONS of HSR transit maps. They're all behind the counter though so you have to be there when the HSR information booth is open. They're open during the day until I think around 5pm. Not too sure about weekends.

As of right now there is no service to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. Once the ALine begins service in the fall there will be service as this is right next to the Hamilton 'John C. Munro' International Airport.

I found the resting place of four HSR Classics today. I was passing through Puslinch, Ontario on Highway #6 and happened to see four sitting all in a row at Bryan's Farm & Industrial Supply. I wish I had my camera so I could have got a shot of them. All I had was my celphone so I couldn't get much of a decent shot and couldn't see which four Classics they were. They're in the middle ... can't see them too well.

Classics_in_Puslinch.jpg

The place is on the south side of highway #6 and is less than five minutes from the 401. I sent them an email to see if I can find out which Classics are there. I'll keep ya posted. :lol:

For the way to the airport, take the route 27 upper James from downtow Hamilton when you get off the GO and request a "trans cab" to meet you at the garage. Make sure you request it right when you get on. They will ask you to deposit 50 cents into the fare box, and will give you a transfer punched for trans cab. You will get in the cab and tell you are going to the airport. Jeeze wish the A Line was running already! But there may be no artics for it if they took all the 09s for inspection as well!

As for the classics Jason, if I were to ride there with my bike what is the best way from downtown Hamilton? How long do you think it would take? And nice discovery! That's where the four classics that Kevin saw leaving the garage a went few months ago.

As for the classics Jason, if I were to ride there with my bike what is the best way from downtown Hamilton? How long do you think it would take? And nice discovery! That's where the four classics that Kevin saw leaving the garage a went few months ago.

That location where the Classics were spotted is the Auction House. Sooner or later, these buses will be going to auction. This facility also had the ex-Canada Coach, ex-Greater Hamilton Tours Classics a number of years ago.

It is on Highway 6 about five miles south of Highway 401. It is quite a distance out of town.

Kevin

It'd be quite an investment of time to bike there. It's a good 20-30 minutes to drive out there, and considering that you can't ride your bike on the 403 and 6 is an expressway from the 403 to highway 5 you would have to bike around another way to get there. I've attached the location on Google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=16

That location where the Classics were spotted is the Auction House. Sooner or later, these buses will be going to auction. This facility also had the ex-Canada Coach, ex-Greater Hamilton Tours Classics a number of years ago.

It is on Highway 6 about five miles south of Highway 401. It is quite a distance out of town.

Kevin

Did the HSR sell them to this auction house for a set rate or is it the HSR/Public Works that benifits from the auction? Meaning that the higher the buses fetch the more the HSR will make?

Ohh wow. 22.4 kilometers to the destination! I could probably do it but the fear of getting lost, and the time It will take.. I don't know. Can you get onto the property as well or just look from a distance?

Is there any updates with the artics? Its said in the newspaper the new artics maybe grounded as well, as don hull wonders if the same problem is with all 25 artics..

Don't think there will be any news on them until New Flyer determines the problem. There may be some warranty work involved here on at least the 06 artics to remedy the issue. If the entire fleet with the new delivery has to be worked on, I would think that might interfere with the introduction of the A-Line route as well.

You'd just have to go straight north on Highway 6. I saw them about 2 weeks ago and didn't bother posting it. I got a couple of pictures, but for good ones you'd have to either visit the auction house in the late afternoon or evening or trespass on the CP Galt Sub in the morning (not reccomended).

Don't think there will be any news on them until New Flyer determines the problem. There may be some warranty work involved here on at least the 06 artics to remedy the issue. If the entire fleet with the new delivery has to be worked on, I would think that might interfere with the introduction of the A-Line route as well.

HSR said it won't interupt any upcoming service (meaning the A Line, and any expansions) by bringing back some of the older buses for this service.

Route schedules for all HSR routes are available on a rack in front of the HSR booth. GO schedules can be picked up at the booth or in a plastic holder in the waiting area at the doors to the bus depot part.

Best bet is to head downtown on a weekday rush hour. Nearly everything in the system goes through downtown, so you're bound to see every type of vehicle down there. You'll definitely see a DE40LF on either the Barton/King or one of the mountain routes. Everything else gets spread out pretty evenly. Watch for Dupont trolleys on the waterfront route as well.

At about 330a sunday morning/sat nite, I spotted at c40lf at Main/Wellington going sb out of service haeded towards the mountain access, assuming it is heading to the garage. I thaught HSR buses were all O O S by 215xm. Is there a route that finishes later that as I am curious where the bus was coming from.

At about 330a sunday morning/sat nite, I spotted at c40lf at Main/Wellington going sb out of service haeded towards the mountain access, assuming it is heading to the garage. I thaught HSR buses were all O O S by 215xm. Is there a route that finishes later that as I am curious where the bus was coming from.

HSR has buses that pickup and dropoff Operators before/after their shift. The buses follow a designated routing designed to cover most of the city. There are 5 pickup buses and 2 dropoff buses. You will see these buses between 3 and 5 AM in different parts of the city.

Kevin

HSR has buses that pickup and dropoff Operators before/after their shift. The buses follow a designated routing designed to cover most of the city. There are 5 pickup buses and 2 dropoff buses. You will see these buses between 3 and 5 AM in different parts of the city.

Kevin

Oh awesome. Learn something new every day. I'd ask what the approximate routing of these buses would be, but I doubt a photo would turn out very well at night anway. :)