Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

Could it part of the new presto systen? Oakville has a demo bus for presto, maybe 0201 is ours? Ill try and find 0201 today if I get a chance after school.

It is not part of the Presto system. It is a small video display (called a Ranger) for the new AVL system and will be installed in all buses. It will display schedule adherence information and other text messages for drivers.

Kevin

Wow, I'm really surprised the HSR is looking at changing the seat model. Seems like they've been using the same ones forever now.

Also something small to report, #0201 has a screen installed by the farebox next to the driver. Not sure if it has something to do with the AA system or what. Looks like a touch screen, probably about 12 inches large or so. The driver didn't seem to be using it at all, but it was lit up and presumably functional.

Interesting, almost like what cops use to talk to each other. So its used if there are detours or accidents?

It is not part of the Presto system. It is a small video display (called a Ranger) for the new AVL system and will be installed in all buses. It will display schedule adherence information and other text messages for drivers.

Kevin

Certainly handy and a nice alternative to announcing things over the radio, though I'll miss hearing the chatter. I find it very interesting. Will this screen replace the little run cards that the drivers or will the cards still be used, for backup if nothing else.

Wow, I'm really surprised the HSR is looking at changing the seat model. Seems like they've been using the same ones forever now.

Also something small to report, #0201 has a screen installed by the farebox next to the driver. Not sure if it has something to do with the AA system or what. Looks like a touch screen, probably about 12 inches large or so. The driver didn't seem to be using it at all, but it was lit up and presumably functional.

No other buses I was on had this screen we speak of.

Guest HAMILTON BUS

No i have seen a few more buses with these screens. Aswell is that they will also be used for the GPS system. It will tell the bus driver his speed, location, any problems with bus, will be for dispatchers to keep in contact with drivers too so its not just the radio and also if there is a problem eg. Bus is broken down or some kind of emerengcy they can seee where excatly the bus is located and the coach number. These systems are nice and will help the HSR alot

Certainly handy and a nice alternative to announcing things over the radio, though I'll miss hearing the chatter. I find it very interesting. Will this screen replace the little run cards that the drivers or will the cards still be used, for backup if nothing else.

Me too

HSR is very intresting to listen to on a scanner

Does 0901 have any ad racks installed? What about any exterior changes in paint? (Sorry for the bad posts CPTDB isn't loading properly on my blackberry, and its quoting my post every time and I can never read the last posts unless I post something)

I know that this may sound very stupid but does anybody have a HSR like spring coat that i can have possibly????

Do they sell HSR items, because i have seen the odd passenger wearing a HSR hat, never seen a jacket before. I remember when i was younger going to a model shop hoping to buy a HSR bus model (the little toy like buses), would love to see some made.

Guest HAMILTON BUS

value village will probably have something... lol and i wonder if they do.. i sohuld give them a call tomorrow and ask.. i also checkec for HSRe bus model buses lol

A few photos of 0901. It will probably not be in service for about 3-4 weeks.

Kevin

The bus looks different somehow on the outside. Maybe it's just the fact that it doesn't have the bike rack installed yet and has no HSR logos on it. :)

The bus looks different somehow on the outside. Maybe it's just the fact that it doesn't have the bike rack installed yet and has no HSR logos on it. :)

Yah it's just that I think. I noticed too but I couldn't actually see any differences. The bus looks longer without the HSR logo on the side and the front looks less cluttered without the bike rack. I like the new seats. Subtle but refreshingly different. A good job by the HSR ;)

Are the new seats also part of a pilot program or will these be standard on any future deliveries? If so, will the HSR be retrofitting older buses with the new style as well?

I like HSR already... :lol:

Now if only TTC does the same...

I like it too. I never did like the seat plan though. And ow the wheelchair ramp is at the back???? werid. But it looks good. I like how HSR is still going with the LF than the LFR, despite the LFR artic. Good job HSR!!

Are the new seats also part of a pilot program or will these be standard on any future deliveries? If so, will the HSR be retrofitting older buses with the new style as well?

To retrofit would cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I like it too. I never did like the seat plan though. And ow the wheelchair ramp is at the back???? werid. But it looks good. I like how HSR is still going with the LF than the LFR, despite the LFR artic. Good job HSR!!

I'm surprised you've noticed the wheelchair ramp at the rear, they've been having it since 1996! It's also much easier to access from the back rather from the front.

To retrofit would cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm surprised you've noticed the wheelchair ramp at the rear, they've been having it since 1996! It's also much easier to access from the back rather from the front.

I haven't been there 1996 untill now. So thats why. Why is the back easier???? TTC has them at the front on all accesible buses except for just 52 RTS', and thats a hassle.

I haven't been there 1996 untill now. So thats why. Why is the back easier???? TTC has them at the front on all accesible buses except for just 52 RTS', and thats a hassle.

Because they can manuver without touching the obsticle and used to this method since the 96 has a different seating layout (and centre door). If loaded from the front, wheelchair and scooter won't be able to go through, even today they have to deal with seat belt mount and stanchion on the floor will not able to go through.