Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

You sure that was TTC's D40s? GO's D40Ses have the sliding front doors.

Definitely was, I remember very well the TTC D40s did not have sliding front doors. (Hint: S = suburban = sliding doors :lol:)

YRT's D40Ses also had sliding front doors (mainly because they were from GO).

OK... I have probably asked this before... and I cant find where (maybe on the OLD Board) but I remember that there was at one time a TTC D40 (87/88/89) that had Large rear doors. Does anyone have any info? possibillity of a pic??

I do remember there were a few with the single stream rear doors much like STM's Classics. But I have no pictures and IIRC it was numbered 6520-21 D40-89s.

If you go to Allen Dicion's site you can read his description of them.

I do remember there were a few with the single stream rear doors much like STM's Classics. But I have no pictures and IIRC it was numbered 6520-21 D40-89s.

If you go to Allen Dicion's site you can read his description of them.

thanks! any idea of any pics of any other flyers that would have this type of doors? (not TTC)

Question to ttcmech or anyone who knows (continuation from the VII delivery list).

I noticed another change in the 1700s are interior lights at the door side at the front. The pre-1700s have the first light as light brown that is dim but become bright when front door is opened while the other lights are bright white. The 1700s seem to have the first light off and the next two lights as dim light brown. When the front door is opened, the first off light is turned bright white while the others all remain the same. What was the reason for this change? Was it too much glare at night for drivers and they also wanted the front area brighter when the front door is opened?

Pertaining to the above question, are they going to reconfig the rest of the fleet to this type of lighting setup?

-reduces nighttime glare on the windshield.

probably they'll keep the older ones as they are, perhaps add another brown shade over the 2nd tube on the door side.

i really doubt they'd change the wiring though.

Definitely was, I remember very well the TTC D40s did not have sliding front doors. (Hint: S = suburban = sliding doors :P)

YRT's D40Ses also had sliding front doors (mainly because they were from GO).

WTF! :lol:

The D40 suburban have plug doors!

The TTC D40-89 on 6520 and 21 have a large rear door as a trail, yes, they are sliding rear door. They got rid of it during their first rebuild. Marshall Skunk have his photo on the website but I don't think it's up anymore.

The TTC D40-89 on 6520 and 21 have a large rear door as a trail, yes, they are sliding rear door. They got rid of it during their first rebuild. Marshall Skunk have his photo on the website but I don't think it's up anymore.

Did they slide inwards, sort of like the Rear doors on the TTC D40LFs??

WTF! :P

Ok I thought it was the front doors. did they have it in old or new livery?

Those doors were gone long before the rebuilding program was even considered. They lasted maybe 2 years......maybe.

And for the record, they were slide-glides.

Dan

Come to think of it. When i did get on 6520 and 6521 in the past. The interior panel where it saids "to open doors, stand on step" is a lot more beige and the other D40s are just cream white.

Come to think of it. When i did get on 6520 and 6521 in the past. The interior panel where it saids "to open doors, stand on step" is a lot more beige and the other D40s are just cream white.

Like the D901 panels?

Like the D901 panels?

Not exactly. But it did have the same colour of the panel on the D40. I'm sure because i rode those 2 slowpokes before. I wanted to know why, but never bother asking. Good to know though.

I have some random questions regarding TTC Fishbowls:

1. Is it true that the Malvern Fishbowls have all been transferred to Mt. Dennis?

2. Is it true that Fishbowls are no longer a common sight on the 95 York Mills?

I have some random questions regarding TTC Fishbowls:

1. Is it true that the Malvern Fishbowls have all been transferred to Mt. Dennis?

2. Is it true that Fishbowls are no longer a common sight on the 95 York Mills?

1. Yes

2. Yes (unless Wilson Division puts one on one of their few runs).