TTC Service Changes

Mike

On 3/13/2024 at 6:48 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

More temporary changes to the Lawrence West corridor: https://www.ttc.ca/riding-the-ttc/Updates/Lawrence-West-Station-partial-bus-bay-closure

124 Sunnybrook will temporary discontinue. 11C Bayview will extend to replace the current 124 to Roe Loop.

52F Lawrence West temporary discontinue.

52G Lawrence West will extend to Sunnybrook restoring Lawrence to Lawrence West service. This is the same routing as the 52G LAWRENCE (not LAWRENCE WEST) branch in 1969-1973. 

59 MAPLE LEAF will divert to Eglinton West Station via Dufferin/Glencarin/Marlee. 

---

Seems like they successfully relayed this new to Sunnybrooke with a map: https://sunnybrook.ca/media/item.asp?c=1&i=3688

The 11C routing seems to be the resurrection of the 28B DAVISVILLE from 1973 to 1991.

21 hours ago, Articulated said:

Probably on hold until new articulated buses actually enter service.

Additionally, 927 may need to wait until Line 6 opens, which would free up the artics currently in use on route 36.

Perhaps with Line 5 opening, they could swap the 927 in exchange for the 52/952.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, T3G said:

Or, you know, they can disconnect the 40/49 interline...

22 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

So to add to the swap. I heard 40 junction is also going to Mount Dennis. 

So altogether, 26, 30, 40, 55, 77, 127, 189, 203, going to Mount Dennis, and 45/945 going to Queensway. 

Thanks to the ruckus now my post is missing, it's safe to say that the 49 BLOOR WEST may likely move to Mount Dennis due to the interline with the 40A. 49 has been out of Queensway since 1968, when it was the old 50 KINGSWAY.

On the other hand @FlyerD901, the 203 HIGH PARK isn't running but it was discontinued after the TTC recommended to cancel the route in the 2024 ASP.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, T3G said:

Or, you know, they can disconnect the 40/49 interline...

The interline significantly impacted the reliability of the 49 Bloor West... 

While the scheduled reliability already became bad after the interline, it got much worse since 40 often get stuck in the traffic at Dundas.. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

The interline significantly impacted the reliability of the 49 Bloor West

I agree, this might be the worst interline i have ever seen. I often see a 40A WB come into kipling late, and then get sent back east as a 40A to get back on schedule. 

There are often gaps of 60+ mins on the 49 as a result of this interline.

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

The interline significantly impacted the reliability of the 49 Bloor West... 

While the scheduled reliability already became bad after the interline, it got much worse since 40 often get stuck in the traffic at Dundas.. 

well maybe with the extra buses from the 30,40,189,77,127,26 and 55 they won’t need to interline the 49 anymore or interline it with a different route

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

If anyone read Steve Munro's blog on the latest changes: https://stevemunro.ca/2024/03/22/ttc-service-changes-sunday-march-31-2024/#more-60595

The 905 will revert to standard buses on weekdays next board. 

Not surprising. At least 1 out of the 3 midday extras are assigned a 40ft on almost a daily basis. Last Wednesday all 3 midday extras plus 2 all day runs were 40ft, making 5 out of 9 buses 40fts that day. They had two RADs running on 905B to help out. Curious to see if they'll operate a mix or be strictly 40fts though.

On 3/21/2024 at 9:50 PM, FlyerD901 said:

So to add to the swap. I heard 40 junction is also going to Mount Dennis. 

So altogether, 26, 30, 40, 55, 77, 127, 189, 203, going to Mount Dennis, and 45/945 going to Queensway. 

the 45 is going to queensway?

On 3/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, Kumiko Oumae said:

The 11C routing seems to be the resurrection of the 28B DAVISVILLE from 1973 to 1991.

Perhaps with Line 5 opening, they could swap the 927 in exchange for the 52/952.

Speaking about the 52, are artics banned on the route?

1 hour ago, randall said:

Speaking about the 52, are artics banned on the route?

Artics traditionally have been restricted from the 52 because Lawrence Stn is so tight to turn around in underground, but they're not banned.

19 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Artics traditionally have been restricted from the 52 because Lawrence Stn is so tight to turn around in underground, but they're not banned.

if you dont mind me asking, what are some stations that have the artics banned?

I don't think there are any. The issue with artics being limited in where they go is due to the fact that there's so few of them to go around, so they choose a limited number of routes for them that can make the most use out of them.

• Like 1

Can get in slowly is different than can regularly operate without issues. An issue would more likely occur if all buses are artics. Lawrence West Stn also doesn't support artics with those short bus bays so the 52 can't take artics without blocking buses behind.

22 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Can get in slowly is different than can regularly operate without issues. An issue would more likely occur if all buses are artics. Lawrence West Stn also doesn't support artics with those short bus bays so the 52 can't take artics without blocking buses behind.

frequencies of the routes other than the 52 at lawrence west station sucks so that really wouldnt be an issue

22 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I remember when there was an arctic on the 506 Carlton backup cause 4178 broke down in a snow storm. They couldn't load at the 506 streetcar bays because they were occupied by 4178 and another flexity so they were loading at I believe in the 20/113 bus bay. The bus literally took up 2 bus bays, got stuck in the snow, caused the entire station to be packed with buses and streetcars which were on hold. They ended up making people board the routes outside till they got the arctic shovelled out and it ended up just getting taken off from the route for probably that exact reason. Never saw an arctic on 506 ever again after that

I guess you could say they are "banned" since I still saw pictures or in person of them on other routes such as 501, 503, 505/509/510 etc etc. But never on 506

Something similar happened at Kennedy when they used to send them on 131E in storms years back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, randall said:

frequencies of the routes other than the 52 at lawrence west station sucks so that really wouldnt be an issue

The 52/952 will just jam itself with 3 artics heading westbound all waiting to load.

43 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

I got word that route 45 going to Queensway is on hold. So best to wait until the service summary comes out.  

Is it because of the bus shortage (mentioned on the other post)? 

Looks like some of the 81xx are being retired earlier than expected. 

4 hours ago, raptorjays said:

Is it because of the bus shortage (mentioned on the other post)? 

Looks like some of the 81xx are being retired earlier than expected. 

Remember it's really just a swap. So whatever the bus fleet is now, won't be affecting , for the most part a 1:1 replacement. Also, a bus shortage now isn't really affecting service now anyways.

The shortage can be fixed by this weekend really. It's not that dire of a shortage. 

As for why the swap is on hold, I'm not sure. But it's probably on hold until Sept.

• Like 1