Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

To all of my prayers and condolences goes to 72 occupants (68 passengers and 4 crew members) who were onboard on Yeti Airlines Flight 691 ATR 72- seater plane from Kathmandu to Pokhara in Nepal were killed and found dead in the plane crash yesterday according to my today's paper (The Tribune). It is the deadliest accident involving an ATR 72. Nepalese folk singer Nira Chhantyal also died in the tragic plane crash. Chhantyal was headed to Pokhara to attend an event which was being organised to mark the festival of Magh Sankranti. Her sister Heera Chhantyal confirmed her demise officially according to Wikipedia. 

The crash occurred between the old Pokhara Airport and the new Pokhara International Airport, which had opened just two weeks earlier and where the aircraft was attempting to land. The accident resulted in the deaths of all 72 people on board. The accident was Nepal's worst air crash since the crash of Pakistan International Airlines Flight 268 in 1992, when all 167 people aboard were killed in Kathmandu.

• Sad 2

Here's Notable Ukrainians who were killed and found dead among 14 others in the 2023 Brovary helicopter crash today according to Wikipedia :

Yurii Lubkovych, 33, diplomat

Denys Monastyrsky, 42, politician, minister of internal affairs (since 2021) and MP (2019–2021)

Yevhen Yenin, 42, politician, deputy minister of internal affairs (since 2021)

A child was among the ground fatalities, while at least 25 others were injured.

• Sad 1

Anton Walkes, English professional footballer who played as a defender or midfielder is dead today at 25 years old due to an injury  in a two-boat collision near Miami Marine Stadium. He was taken to hospital, where he died from his injuries the following morning according to Wikipedia. His MLS Club Charlotte FC announced in a statement shared via social media.

Jay Briscoe, American professional wrestler. He was best known for his work with his brother Mark Briscoe as the Briscoe Brothers in Ring of Honor, with the duo becoming ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions and record-breaking 13-time ROH World Tag Team Champions. He was also a two-time ROH World Champion is dead on January 17, 2023 at 38 years old due to car accident in Laurel, Delaware, eight days before his 39th birthday and one day before his brother's 38th birthday, when another driver crossed the centerline and hit his vehicle head on. His daughters, who were in the car with him, suffered serious injuries. His death was announced on Twitter by AEW and ROH owner Tony Khan. On January 18, an episode of Ring of Honor Honor Club was created as a Briscoe tribute show, The event would be called Jay Briscoe Celebration of Life. The next day, Wrestling Observer Radio journalist Dave Meltzer revealed that plans were made to hold another tribute to Briscoe when Ring of Honor resumed airing its weekly series later in the year according to Wikipedia. 

• Sad 1

To all of my prayers and condolences goes to 11 people (6 men and 5 women) who were shot and gunned down to death on January 21, 2023 when the mass shooting occurred in Monterey Park, California, United States. According to my today's paper (The Tribune), nine others were injured during the shooting. The shooting happened after a Lunar New Year celebration at Star Ballroom Dance Studio, at about 10:22 p.m. PST (UTC-8). The gunman, who died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound during a standoff with Torrance police yesterday , was identified as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran. According to my newspaper, this is the 5th Mass Shooting occurred in the US for the year.

Here's the list of 11 deceased Asian-Americans who have been identified as of this week:

Valentino Marcos Alvero (male, 68)

Hongying "Nancy Liu" Jian (female, 62)

Yu Lun "Andy" Kao (male, 72)

Lilian Li (female, 63)

Ming Wei Ma (male, 72)

My "Mymy" Nhan (female, 65)

Diana Man Ling Tom (female, 70)

Muoi Dai Ung (female, 67)

Chia Ling Yau (male, 76)

Wen Tau Yu (male, 64)

Xiujuan Yu (female, 57)

Edited by Glennwood Road Ent.
Edited and included 1 additional person who died at the hospital with gunshot wounds as of this week.
  • Sad 2

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of the 2020 Calabasas helicopter crash (1/26/2020) wherea Sikorsky S-76B helicopter crashed in the city of Calabasas, California, around 30 mi (48 km) northwest of Downtown Los Angeles, while en route from John Wayne Airport to Camarillo Airport. All nine people on board were killed: retired professional basketball player Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna; baseball coach John Altobelli, his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa; Payton Chester and her mother Sara; basketball coach Christina Mauser; and the pilot, Ara Zobayan. This was heard on the news from today. 

forget to add the word anniversary to the thread
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Today marks the 3rd of the 2020 Calabasas helicopter crash (1/26/2020) wherea Sikorsky S-76B helicopter crashed in the city of Calabasas, California, around 30 mi (48 km) northwest of Downtown Los Angeles, while en route from John Wayne Airport to Camarillo Airport. All nine people on board were killed: retired professional basketball player Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna; baseball coach John Altobelli, his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa; Payton Chester and her mother Sara; basketball coach Christina Mauser; and the pilot, Ara Zobayan. This was heard on the news from today. 

Rest in Peace, even after 2 years... 

• Thanks 1

In memoriam

37 years ago today marks the anniversary of the loss of Space Shuttle Challenger and crew. The 51-L mission exploded shortly after launch with a catastrophic loss of the entire vehicle and all seven crew members. Please take a moment today to remember Dick Scobee, Michael Smith, Judy Resnik, Ron McNair, El Onizuka, Greg Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe.

1661208_344678139004406_1363741394_n.jpg

• Sad 4

Sylvia Syms, English actress is dead yesterday at 87 years old at Denville Hall, a retirement home for actors in London according to Wikipedia. She was been active on stage and screen, her best known for films roles include My Teenage Daughter, (1956) Woman in a Dressing Gown (1957) in which she was s nominated a BAFTA Award, Ice Cold in Alex (1958), No Trees in the Street (1959), Victim (1961), and The Tamarind Seed (1974). 

Forgot to include active on stage and screen, her best known for films roles
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Hazel McCallion, the former mayor of Mississauga, ON, Canada - has passed away at the age of 101.

Just saw the news. Especially since she was also the longest serving mayor of Mississauga for 36 consecutive years or 12 consecutive terms.

Not many people can serve as a mayor of a city for that long. Let alone, I don't think that record will ever be broken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Just saw the news. Especially since she was also the longest serving mayor of Mississauga for 36 consecutive years or 12 consecutive terms.

Not many people can serve as a mayor of a city for that long. Let alone, I don't think that record will ever be broken. 

While not a city per say, the Milton mayor has surpassed her.

• Thanks 1

Annie Wersching, actress known for her roles in Star Trek: Picard, Timeless, and portraying Tess in the original The Last of Us has passed away today (January 29, 2023) at the age of 45.

I recognize the name from 24: Season 7 and 8. This was well back in 2009 and 2010 when those episodes aired. Annie played as FBI special agent Renee Walker. 

• Sad 3

On 1/26/2023 at 9:28 PM, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of the 2020 Calabasas helicopter crash (1/26/2020) wherea Sikorsky S-76B helicopter crashed in the city of Calabasas, California, around 30 mi (48 km) northwest of Downtown Los Angeles, while en route from John Wayne Airport to Camarillo Airport. All nine people on board were killed: retired professional basketball player Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna; baseball coach John Altobelli, his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa; Payton Chester and her mother Sara; basketball coach Christina Mauser; and the pilot, Ara Zobayan. This was heard on the news from today. 

Man I remember I was editing videos and my friend heard the news, and I was thinking it was just a hack from TMZ... Rip Kobe ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 8:58 AM, captaintrolley said:

In memoriam

37 years ago today marks the anniversary of the loss of Space Shuttle Challenger and crew. The 51-L mission exploded shortly after launch with a catastrophic loss of the entire vehicle and all seven crew members. Please take a moment today to remember Dick Scobee, Michael Smith, Judy Resnik, Ron McNair, El Onizuka, Greg Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe.

1661208_344678139004406_1363741394_n.jpg

I remember Ms. McAuliffe being featured on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood while the broadcast was going on. 

It's sad...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1