Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

You took the words right out of my mouth! At least we'll have half BRT, half waiting in traffic on Pembina! :P Phase 2 probably won't start for a long time!

The only real traffic problem with my 37 in the afternoon of late has been Pembina at Plaza Drive where the RT buses will be stuck in traffic with everything else. Might save 2-5 minutes with the busway to Jubilee, and possibly the same or a little more inbound at Osborne Junction in the afternoon rush 62.

But, remember, the original (Sam Katz approved) plan was build this stage of BRT and then see what TOD gets built and use the property taxes to pay for the BRT, analyze the results and use them to determine whether to build the next stage to the U of M. Everyone is ahead of themselves now. TOD is supposed to pay for RT, not various levels of government. More power to Katz if he manages to leverage funds to change this to an LRT line to the U of M.

Man hit by bus on Main Street

Police rushed to the scene of Main Street near Dufferin Avenue after a man was hit by a bus. Police rushed to the scene of Main Street near Dufferin Avenue after a man was hit by a bus. A man was injured after being hit by a Winnipeg Transit bus on Main Street Thursday evening. Police and emergency crews rushed to an area on the west side of Main near Dufferin Avenue at about 6:15 p.m. CT. The man's condition is currently unknown. Police remain on scene and are investigating. They have not said if traffic is affected.

(CBC Winnipeg)

So apparently I will be in Winnipeg next weekend. For those familiar with the area, here are the questions:

1. Where/when can the Classics and D40's mostly be found?

2. Is the Xcelsior demo still sticking around?

3. Where can the Beaver buses be found? I know about the Selkirk runs but I think they have another school bus service somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

So apparently I will be in Winnipeg next weekend. For those familiar with the area, here are the questions:

3. Where can the Beaver buses be found? I know about the Selkirk runs but I think they have another school bus service somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

1. Hang around Portage and Vaughn or Graham and Vaughn on a Weekday during peak hours.

2. It's not in service but it's up at New Flyer.

3. I'm not sure, I just know you can get the Selkirk run at Balmoral Station.

P.S. You should give the MTHA a call, they might give you a look around.

Thanks for the help!

Well Winnipeg is the place to be if your a fan of New Flyer! :P

1.The most classics and D40's can be found in the peak hours on weekdays, mostly running expresses along Graham Transit Mall (an excelent place to take pics of buses!) and along Portage Avenue in Downtown. You can also catch some at the garage at 421 Osborne Street.

2. The Demo Xcelsior has ended it's trial in Winnipeg in July. However, If you really want to see one you can head down to New Flyer Industries! <_< NFI is mostly accessible during peak hours as two routes run right in front! You can catch some priceless photo's there!

3. Beaver Buses can also be found during peak hours on weekdays. Catch the Beaver Classics running Selkirk runs in downtown during peak hours! All the others such as the Orion V, Fishbowl and D40's can be found on school runs where there are two oppurtunities to catch them: After 2PM at Beaver Bus Headquaters on Archibald Street as they exit the garage... or at Northbound Pembina and Point Road after 3:30PM as they exit school runs and proceed to Selkirk.

If you need any further assistance in your stay in Winnipeg... I'd be happy to help! :lol:

Thanks both for your help! I'll keep those tips in mind while planning. If I get a chance I might contact MTHA as well.

Also on a side note, any good Asian restaurants in town? :lol:

EDIT: Just fired an e-mail to MTHA. Wish me luck <_<

Lol... not sure about Asian Resturaunts. We have two Foody Goodys and one or two Wok Boxes!! :P There alot of local asian resturaunts... but I dont trust em!

Safe Travels!

Also on a side note, any good Asian restaurants in town? <_<
If you get in contact with Alex at the MTHA, he knows of a very good asian restaurant that he took me and a couple of other board members to last week when I was in Winnipeg.

As for Foody Goody? I stay away from them as well as New Dynasty after a couple of bad experiences in past years.

Are we aloud to post renderings by New Flyer?! If I would of known... I would've posted the renderings I have! :)

Also, Not to sound mean, but how do we really know that 136, 140-169 is the order? Is there any proof?

I'd would have thought they would go 136 up, not skip 4 numbers.

That's my website and it's not "proof" of the future fleet numberings. It's only what I've been told. I'll change it later if what actually appears is different.

Are we aloud to post renderings by New Flyer?! If I would of known... I would've posted the renderings I have! ^_^

Also, Not to sound mean, but how do we really know that 136, 140-169 is the order? Is there any proof?

I have no proof of the fleet numbers. They are speculative. As for posting the rendering... it was a picture I took at the 80th Anniversary event.

That's my website and it's not "proof" of the future fleet numberings. It's only what I've been told. I'll change it later if what actually appears is different.

I have no proof of the fleet numbers. They are speculative. As for posting the rendering... it was a picture I took at the 80th Anniversary event.

My friend said that the new buses are being built right now and the order was delayed because of the D60LFR for Ottawa.

• Board Admin
It's the new HVAC.

(I still think it looks like the bus has a tumour) :)

There are already buses in production with this Thermo King HVAC. Milwaukee was the first one I knew about with those HVACs, then they got them in Red Deer:

Red_Deer_Transit_864.jpg

Likely repositioned due to EPA2010 engine requirements.

There are already buses in production with this Thermo King HVAC. Milwaukee was the first one I knew about with those HVACs, then they got them in Red Deer:

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/images/8/87/Red_Deer_Transit_864.jpg

Likely repositioned due to EPA2010 engine requirements.

You didn't take your own images of that bus that day?? :)

Stopped at the Polo Park Mall for a little while this afternoon. All I got to see were D40LF and D40LFR. Decided to go to the A&W across the road and when I came out 992 was there. Only other one I photographed was 923 a D30LF that I parked in a side street to photograph as it passed by.

Was curious as to the different schemes on Winnipeg buses, mostly saw white and black but also saw orange and white on a couple of D40LFs

Was curious as to the different schemes on Winnipeg buses, mostly saw white and black but also saw orange and white on a couple of D40LFs

Orange and white was the old colour scheme. All of the D30LFs and D40LF 991-993 as well as 401-504 came this way. The 500's were the first buses in the white w. black colour scheme, purportedly to save a couple of thousand dollars per bus. As buses are refurbished/repainted they are given the new colour scheme.