Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Orange and white was the old colour scheme. All of the D30LFs and D40LF 991-993 as well as 401-504 came this way. The 500's were the first buses in the white w. black colour scheme, purportedly to save a couple of thousand dollars per bus. As buses are refurbished/repainted they are given the new colour scheme.

Thanks!

Was just looking through the street side guide and didn't realize that there were only three 99x buses. Guess I was lucky!

The 500's were the first buses in the white w. black colour scheme, purportedly to save a couple of thousand dollars per bus.

Perhaps, also heard rumors that someone thought the orange livery wouldn't "work" with the Inveros, so they had to change it :)

Orange and white was the old colour scheme. All of the D30LFs and D40LF 991-993 as well as 401-504 came this way. The 500's were the first buses in the white w. black colour scheme, purportedly to save a couple of thousand dollars per bus. As buses are refurbished/repainted they are given the new colour scheme.

Yeah 510 was the first D40LF delivered in the white scheme. But 504 was the last D40LF delivered in the older orange scheme. I actually really like that scheme on the D40LF's. Especially compared to the new scheme.

• 2 weeks later...
Interior Lights

covers over lighting

Stopped at the Polo Park Mall for a little while this afternoon. All I got to see were D40LF and D40LFR. Decided to go to the A&W across the road and when I came out 992 was there. Only other one I photographed was 923 a D30LF that I parked in a side street to photograph as it passed by.

Was curious as to the different schemes on Winnipeg buses, mostly saw white and black but also saw orange and white on a couple of D40LFs

Original low floor sounds like a John deer tractor

I was wondering if Winnipeg is the only city that dose this making the rear sign change from the route number to the place were it is going.

Not a lot of cities where one route can have so many destinations either so if someone needs the 16 to Island Lakes and sees a 16 up ahead, they can look at the rear sign and see if it's the right bus. Our multiple destinations per route really confuses newcomers to the city. Maybe that will change once the fleet is all low floor.

With multiple destinations, it depends on where someone is travelling. Winnipeg is actually rather descriptive and consistent with their destinations. I actually found Winnipeg Transit easier compared to Calgary Transit when I first moved to Calgary.

An example is that Calgary Transit signage for 13 Mount Royal is simply 13 Mount Royal, 13 Westhills (no one uses) and 13 City Centre. Often in rush hour, the 13 is signed as 13 Mount Royal/Short Turn but can also be signed as 13 Mount Royal. During any period, there can be route 13's displaying 13 Route 13. I have yet to find a bus in Winnipeg with either an incorrect sign or an inaccurate sign. A Winnipeg example for Calgary's route 13 would be 13 Mount Royal... Westhills or 13 Mount Royal... MRU or 13 Mount Royal... Downtown.

I will say though that Winnipeg's signage can be a bit redundant. The sign for 64 Lindenwoods Express... Lindenwoods comes to mind.

An example is that Calgary Transit signage for 13 Mount Royal is simply 13 Mount Royal, 13 Westhills (no one uses) and 13 City Centre. Often in rush hour, the 13 is signed as 13 Mount Royal/Short Turn but can also be signed as 13 Mount Royal. During any period, there can be route 13's displaying 13 Route 13. I have yet to find a bus in Winnipeg with either an incorrect sign or an inaccurate sign. A Winnipeg example for Calgary's route 13 would be 13 Mount Royal... Westhills or 13 Mount Royal... MRU or 13 Mount Royal... Downtown.

The sign you mention for CT's route 13 that is already programmed in to display '13 Westhills', would work great if it had a PR message that says 'Via MRU' or 'Via Mount Royal University'.

This is what is meant by the "red and green lights"

1012071634000.jpg

Not sure if you can see anything from that pic from my cell but basically is Red and Green interior florescent tube lights arranged alternately. It kinda gives a trippy feel when your on that bus! B) This is bus is on the same 14 run this week and I will see if I can get a better shot of the interior and exterior!

This is what is meant by the "red and green lights"

Not sure if you can see anything from that pic from my cell but basically is Red and Green interior florescent tube lights arranged alternately. It kinda gives a trippy feel when your on that bus! B) This is bus is on the same 14 run this week and I will see if I can get a better shot of the interior and exterior!

That is what drugs do to you! :D Thanks Winnipeg Transit!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting notes about 701:

-It has different type of headlights. If you look, the headlights have a blue-ish tint to them and they seem a bit brighter than usual.

-It is equipped with a curb feeler

-It has small LED lights in the interior for the rear steps

probably more other little stuff it has added on or replaced.