York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

there are already 8 60 footers assigned to Caldari south yard, which were already running on BLUE (Bernard Trippers) 3 of these buses were assigned to PURPLE and replaced with 40 footers, also South yard has given up some Bernard trippers to the North Yard. the Idea is that when ALL the LFXs arrive then there will be a vehicle swap and south yard will get 10 or so more 60 footers.

I'm on 7204 right now on Purple waiting to depart York U heading east, I assume this is rare since you say the artics for Purple were replaced with 40 foots?

I'm on 7204 right now on Purple waiting to depart York U heading east, I assume this is rare since you say the artics for Purple were replaced with 40 foots?

you misread... there are 3 PURPLE crews on weekdays that are 60 footers. the 3 60 footers were taken from BLUE Bernard trippers, and those BLUE trips were replaced with 40 Footers.

(I edited the original post to make it easier to understand....)

The spotted artics today were 5204, 7204, and 8208. Not sure if there were any more.

7204 went out of service before PM rush. Only the 2 aforementioned artics on Purple on my line ride this evening.

When I rode 8208 an hour ago, it had trouble turning from Town Centre to Clegg, as Clegg is a narrow road with a median. Driver had to take it very slowly in order to not crash into the pole.

7204 went out of service before PM rush. Only the 2 aforementioned artics on Purple on my line ride this evening.

When I rode 8208 an hour ago, it had trouble turning from Town Centre to Clegg, as Clegg is a narrow road with a median. Driver had to take it very slowly in order to not crash into the pole.

probably didnt start the turn wide enough... amateur drivers!!

Looking closer at the map, I notice they've used Finch GO Bus Terminal. Do the destination signs still say Finch Station? And what name do the Viva machines there use?

The machines and Viva buses still display "Finch Station". As for YRT, it depends on the route, but all the YRT AAs say "Finch GO Bus Terminal", whereas Viva's still announces "Finch Station".

The machines and Viva buses still display "Finch Station". As for YRT, it depends on the route, but all the YRT AAs say "Finch GO Bus Terminal", whereas Viva's still announces "Finch Station".

Finch GO Bus Term :huh:.

Although the destinations heading to Finch are heavily unstandardized. Finch Station, Finch Stn, Finch GO Terminal, Finch Terminal...

Hello. Yesterday going home I was on a Viva bus and I don't know if this person is on here but I feel it is an invasion of my privacy to see that the person had a camera with them and was videotaping everything on the bus. I felt very uncomfortable about this and I hope they did not videotape me. This was bus 5204.

Hello. Yesterday going home I was on a Viva bus and I don't know if this person is on here but I feel it is an invasion of my privacy to see that the person had a camera with them and was videotaping everything on the bus. I felt very uncomfortable about this and I hope they did not videotape me. This was bus 5204.

I hope you realize that in public you should have no expectency for privacy.

Is traffic along Enterprise bad enough to even warrant dedicated lanes and where exactly is the rapidway located, on street or off street? Seems pointless to build transit lanes that are only a block long.

The rapidway is off street. The reason behind why Enterprise was selected, though, is beyond me.

Not to mention since it's only gonna be open from Warden to Birchmount, then buses would have to go south on Birchmount and back east on Enterprise. Time savings? More like time added.

EDIT: January transfers are orange, and they changed the type of paper used. It feels like a thinner version of the papers that MiWay/Brampton Transit use.

perhaps the open space allowed for a proof of concept design? i remember someone mentioning that the rapidway over there was more or less to test the effectiveness of the design without causing much disturbance to traffic on hwy 7... i dunno.. anyone with better thoughts?

Is traffic along Enterprise bad enough to even warrant dedicated lanes and where exactly is the rapidway located, on street or off street? Seems pointless to build transit lanes that are only a block long.

Which makes more sense - build it now before the neighbourhood is constructed, or build it in 5 years when necessary and the construction costs go up astronomically in order to maintain access everywhere?

Dan

Which makes more sense - build it now before the neighbourhood is constructed, or build it in 5 years when necessary and the construction costs go up astronomically in order to maintain access everywhere?

Dan

The Rapidway is part of Remington's design for their Downtown Markham development too, so to add to Dan's point, they're probably building it as the development goes up. It might also serve as a pilot (for the lack of better terms) station, since they don't want failures or issues popping up if they built a station at, say, Valleymede.

That being said, I highly dislike the location of Warden Station, way too far from the development, in my opinion. I mean it may be located close to Warden to facilitate 68B transfers, but how many transfers would there be to make building the station so far from the development compared to projected ridership from the development itself sensible? In my personal opinion, I would have preferred it right at the intersection of Rouge Valley Drive, on the east side.

The Rapidway is part of Remington's design for their Downtown Markham development too, so to add to Dan's point, they're probably building it as the development goes up. It might also serve as a pilot (for the lack of better terms) station, since they don't want failures or issues popping up if they built a station at, say, Valleymede.

That being said, I highly dislike the location of Warden Station, way too far from the development, in my opinion. I mean it may be located close to Warden to facilitate 68B transfers, but how many transfers would there be to make building the station so far from the development compared to projected ridership from the development itself sensible? In my personal opinion, I would have preferred it right at the intersection of Rouge Valley Drive, on the east side.

There will be a future VIVA station in the middle of the Downtown Markham in the shopping district/urban park area, either named Market Station or Enterprise Station. The current Enterprise Station would be likely renamed Helen or YMCA.

There will be a future VIVA station in the middle of the Downtown Markham in the shopping district/urban park area, either named Market Station or Enterprise Station. The current Enterprise Station would be likely renamed Helen or YMCA.

That one will still be quite a distance from the new condominiums built facing the Simcoe Promenade (official name of the Rapidway), if not, then even farther, since it'll be on the east side of Birchmount. I'm just hoping local routes will also be introduced to Downtown Markham sometime soon...