York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Does YRT try to restrict the older D40LFs from seeing full service now that there's so many newer ones in service? Besides rush hours and sometimes weekdays, I rarely see 03/04s out anymore. Is it driver preference or the dispatcher try to get the 07+ ones out more?

its the total opposite.... on weekends most 9s that would be seen are switchoffs and 10s aren't seen at all

Does YRT try to restrict the older D40LFs from seeing full service now that there's so many newer ones in service? Besides rush hours and sometimes weekdays, I rarely see 03/04s out anymore. Is it driver preference or the dispatcher try to get the 07+ ones out more?

Look at the 3, 77 or 99. At least one bus on Sundays is a 3xx/4xx.

If anyone wants to take a ride on a 10XX, there seems to be a couple that are assigned to the 99 everyday (ie showing up at the same times everyday).

90/90B seems to be an easy route to find them on as well. The last couple times I've been to Don Mills Station in PM peak that has been all I've seen on 90/90B.

If anyone wants to take a ride on a 10XX, there seems to be a couple that are assigned to the 99 everyday (ie showing up at the same times everyday). As for the older d40lfs you can always find them on the 23,77, 85 & 88. It seems that these routes see almost all the variations of the d40lfs
90/90B seems to be an easy route to find them on as well. The last couple times I've been to Don Mills Station in PM peak that has been all I've seen on 90/90B.

From my personal sightings (and looking at others here), the D40LFRs tend to like being on 20, 91, or 99. Though my ride was on the 77 today.

Generally for me the 7xx-10xx D40LFs are easy to find on 85, 90, or expresses. In the Vaughan side, generally Finch-bound routes get them.

Pre-7xx D40LFs I've had good luck hanging around Vaughan Mills (4, 12, 20, 85 rush). The 88 also tends to get older units as you noted. 616-618 are almost always on the 2A.

From my personal sightings (and looking at others here), the D40LFRs tend to like being on 20, 91, or 99. Though my ride was on the 77 today.

Generally for me the 7xx-10xx D40LFs are easy to find on 85, 90, or expresses. In the Vaughan side, generally Finch-bound routes get them.

Pre-7xx D40LFs I've had good luck hanging around Vaughan Mills (4, 12, 20, 85 rush). The 88 also tends to get older units as you noted. 616-618 are almost always on the 2A.

Just thought I'd clarify that I was talking about the 1000 D40LFs in my previous post, not the LFRs. I forgot about the LFRs being in the 1000 series as well.

Just thought I'd clarify that I was talking about the 1000 D40LFs in my previous post, not the LFRs. I forgot about the LFRs being in the 1000 series as well.

Also to clarify, I think yrt+viva=1system was trying to tell us about the LFRs on the 99. The 2010 D40LFs have been here for a while and I think members here are more interested to try the LFRs.

By the way; curious about the EZ Rider BRTs. How come no one here knew ahead of time about this order? With the LFRs and LFXes, they were either reported in documents or inside members here were able to tell us in advance how many units they're getting and when they're arriving but the EZ Rider BRT order seems hush hush.

Edited by Orion V

Also to clarify, I think yrt+viva=1system was trying to tell us about the LFRs on the 99. The 2010 D40LFs have been here for a while and I think members here are more interested to try the LFRs.

Yeah, I thought he was talking about the 1000 D40LFs which is why I posted with the comment of them being on 90/90B. After reading vivablue5215's post I realized he was talking about the D40LFRs which is why I posted again to clarify that I was talking about the D40LFs.

By the way; curious about the EZ Rider BRTs. How come no one here knew ahead of time about this order? With the LFRs and LFXes, they were either reported in documents or inside members here were able to tell us in advance how many units they're getting and when they're arriving but the EZ Rider BRT order seems hush hush.

Ok you know what, I'm getting sick and tired of your posts and your attitude towards things. It's always the "what's in it for me" stance. I guess me posting about the EZ Rider BRTs before they arrived wasn't good enough. I get the impression that you just need to know everything and that doesn't fly with me. Maybe I won't post stuff like that anymore since it's obviously not appreciated. Like GM-Unit said there's other ways such as emailing YRT rather than criticizing members on the board.

Ok you know what, I'm getting sick and tired of your posts and your attitude towards things. It's always the "what's in it for me" stance. I guess me posting about the EZ Rider BRTs before they arrived wasn't good enough. I get the impression that you just need to know everything and that doesn't fly with me. Maybe I won't post stuff like that anymore since it's obviously not appreciated. Like GM-Unit said there's other ways such as emailing YRT rather than criticizing members on the board.

I have to give credit to Silly Tilley for what's he doing! This is why people are such dicks are lazy to get their own info themselves, relying someone to dig the info, not an easy job FFS! I'm disgusted!

Now here's the question, how many Restyled they are getting? NFI said they are option for 20, so I have a feeling they will be getting that number.

Really? I haven't seen or heard of one yet on the 20.

Dan

It was sighted on the 25th at York U, though I guess it could've been on the 3 or 10.

It's not like the LFRs are restricted to certain routes anyway, all the Veolia routes still have somewhat of an equal chance for a LFR at the end.

Now here's the question, how many Restyled they are getting? NFI said they are option for 20, so I have a feeling they will be getting that number.

Does this excerpt from the most recent (Oct 20) new order quarterly press release from New Flyer help any? Presumably the 58 number shown below would exclude the D40LFs delivered under the Metrolinx option for 2010, since those buses were purchased from a different entity than YRT.

York Region Transit of Newmarket, ON, has exercised options for

an additional 20 - 40' diesel buses. Including this order, York

Region has ordered a total of 58 buses from New Flyer in 2010.

One sighting makes a pattern?

I hope you don't write your maths tests like that.

Dan

Good thing I ain't taking Math anymore...(eh dennyip)?

Anyway, crews were doing some painting at RHC today, as Platform 7 was blocked this afternoon (but not this morning). I also noticed the pedestrian crossway from Platform 7 to the bridge seems to be of a shinier red, so they should have repainted it somehow.

About the destination signs that were discussed earlier, I was thinking... should the eastbound Viva Purple destination sign be simplified? Right now it reads Viva Purple ~ Markham Stouffville ~ Hospital... maybe simplify it like Mark.-Stouff. Hsp. or M-S Hospital (Like other YRT routes), so that it's two screens to read, not three? And I think the third screen "hospital" in the end is just awkward (personally)...

About the destination signs that were discussed earlier, I was thinking... should the eastbound Viva Purple destination sign be simplified? Right now it reads Viva Purple ~ Markham Stouffville ~ Hospital... maybe simplify it like Mark.-Stouff. Hsp. or M-S Hospital (Like other YRT routes), so that it's two screens to read, not three? And I think the third screen "hospital" in the end is just awkward (personally)...

or Make it 2 lines, Stacked.....

My personal opinion on Orange Signage.....

They should add "Via York U" to the signage to both directions. With the addition of Brampton ZUM service, and that signage saying "To York Uneversity" a lot of people will wait for the ZUM and bypass the Orange when heading Eastbound towards York U. same Idea for leaving Downsview, people will take the 106 and 196 but the Orange leaves pretty much empty.

Didn't get much info out of YRT regarding these two batches. ;)

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

The EZ Rider buses are scheduled for delivery in mid December. The unit numbers will be confirmed once the buses have been delivered. A small number of the new Nova buses have arrived but have not entered into service, the date of service is still to be determined.

We value your support of YRT/ Viva.

Sincerely,

Cathy D.

Coordinator, Customer Service

York Region Transit (YRT)

50 High Tech Road, 5th Floor

Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4N7

Tel: (905) 762-2100

Toll Free: 1-866-668-3978

Fax: (905) 762-2113

www.yrt.ca

OUR MISSION:

To provide quality public transit services which support the economic vitality, environmental sustainability, and health of the Regional community.

Does this excerpt from the most recent (Oct 20) new order quarterly press release from New Flyer help any? Presumably the 58 number shown below would exclude the D40LFs delivered under the Metrolinx option for 2010, since those buses were purchased from a different entity than YRT.

York Region Transit of Newmarket, ON, has exercised options for

an additional 20 - 40' diesel buses. Including this order, York

Region has ordered a total of 58 buses from New Flyer in 2010.

Based on some related information I received today, it seems that I am incorrect in my assumption that New Flyer has separated the Metrolinx and YRT contracts. In fact, the 58 number appears to include the 19 D40LFs (Metrolinx consortium) delivered earlier this year, plus a total of 39 D40LFRs (19 in the original order plus 20 on option), numbered 1020 and above, which are now in the process of being delivered. Based on this assumption, the EZ Riders would then be numbered from 1060 or 1061 onwards.

M-S Hospital would be my preference, as you pointed since all the YRT routes display that anyway.

But once again, this is YRT...unless their logic is to emphasize the Hospital in Markham-Stouffville Hosptal.