Guelph Transit Commission

BCT-3122-D800-10240

On 3/22/2017 at 0:15 PM, IRT_BMT_IND said:

Very nice changes. I remember when Guelph still had a pulsed system on 40 minute headways.

Use to jump around from 30 to 40 then 20 and to 15 going back to 20 and 30. 60 minute is every holiday.

We will see what happens as it looks the go ahead is happening. Looks like it will be done right.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today is the last day that the Community Bus routes will be serviced by Cutaways. Starting September 5th, the routes will be serviced by conventional 40 foot buses for the time being. Attached is 26 on the South route and 34 on the North route.

36147493734_7d06a37f42_k.jpg

36147496864_59ce01412b_k.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The current bus orders are a bit delayed. The 9 Arboc buses should be arriving anytime and the 24 Nova's were suppose to built in Plattsburgh, but was changed back to Quebéc. They will have the same interior as the 2014 series. As for replacements. All the 2003-2006 LFS will be gone. Bus 26 the Goshen GC II is still sitting as spare and was used on Mobility a few times since. 28 is also a spare. 27 and 29 are retired.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Funny thing is that is the old exposure for the desto. 

I believe the manufacturer uses the old programming software for delivery to make the sign work. The transit system programs it with the current software once it arrives.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, Chris W said:

I believe the manufacturer uses the old programming software for delivery to make the sign work. The transit system programs it with the current software once it arrives.

It has nothing to do with "to make the sign work". Nova or Aesys simply does not have an up to date file from Guelph Transit. The signs should work regardless.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to 269 in service. Only 170, 178, 187, 188 and 194 left. 185 might be done. Also 30, 31 and 32 are retired and at Bryans. 36-42 are 2017 builds and were delivered. 43 & 44 will be delivered soon and are 2017 chassis with a 2018 body.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

194 is still active and has been unwrapped. 211 is fully updated wrapped for Magic & Cjoy and 208 is fully wrapped for Ginos Pizza. A 2018 Promaster has also arrived, with the second one coming April or May 2019. Bus 33 is a spare and is currently stored off site for now. For transit support, they acquired three Chevrolet Colorado's numbered 18005, 18006 & 18009. A Ford Transit with a wheelchair lift numbered 18950 also arrived later this year.

Hello! 

We recently received a few units coming from Ontario transit agencies in Quebec, and I just had the chance to ride one of them and gather information as well as filming a ride.

the LFSs are all blank, which makes it hard to guess where it came from. Luckly, while I was in Transbus 1245 I went to the front and tried to check around on the dashboard to see a reflection of a number and found one, 1245 is actually ex-Guelph 190. Also, 3070 and 3071 ( Transdev Units ) have the shadow of the old red Guelph Livery and might be 2005s im not sure.... 

anyway, for those interested here is the link to the video ride, but there's not much I could film except some highway action for 3 minutes haha. I'll try to go back soon and get as much info on the other unit ( Transbus 1244 ) some time soon.

Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG_ogbEH7tw&feature=youtu.be

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

City has approved early planning for a new multi yard for public works and Transit. There are also 5 LFS due at any time.

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/9654904-guelph-council-approves-early-planning-work-for-197m-central-hub/

So in January there will be intercity services between Owen Sound and Guelph. Should be starting January 2020 if approved.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/companys-proposal-would-see-two-round-trips-daily-between-owen-sound-and-guelph/amp

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

194 is still chugging for now. It was apparently towed Sunday evening after a breakdown. 211 has lost its Magic FM/CJOY wrap as well. The fleet has also recieved new updated fareboxes. The new "On Your Way" fare card has been introduced and will be fully launched starting on the 17th. There has so been some adjustments to route 17 and extending route 16 with a few added stops.

• 2 weeks later...