Emergency Vehicles

• 2 weeks later...
Just read that Ferrera won the recent tender for 100 ft rear mounts for FDNY.

They've been Segrave for so long now. Guess that demo unit turned a few heads

Did Seagrave bid? I heard they are having troubles and the Ladders was between Ferrara and Pierce pretty much. I could be wrong though.

Have also been told that there is no way at all you are going to make money dealing with FDNY because of all of their demands.

Just read that Ferrera won the recent tender for 100 ft rear mounts for FDNY.

They've been Segrave for so long now. Guess that demo unit turned a few heads

FNDY has about 20 or so other Ferrera peices in its fleet besides the new rear mount orders, they are mostly specialty fleet tho

Did Seagrave bid? I heard they are having troubles and the Ladders was between Ferrara and Pierce pretty much. I could be wrong though.

Have also been told that there is no way at all you are going to make money dealing with FDNY because of all of their demands.

Pierce also got the last order of 5 heavy rescues for FDNY

I had heard about the specialty rigs going Ferrera, really didn't surprise me too much, as that has always been somewhat varied

The rescues though are another story as Saulsbury is no more, E-One (Federal Signal at the time) bought them out and moved the line down to Florida just after the last few were done for FDNY (same as they did to Superior in Red Deer). I was expecting SVI (supervac) to get in there, but Pierce does build sweet rigs

Didnt Ferrera also get the Hose wagon contract from FDNY to replace the Saulsbury units?

Didnt Ferrera also get the Hose wagon contract from FDNY to replace the Saulsbury units?

Pretty sure that Ferrara built all the satelite pumpers and high rise units for FDNY

The last 2 rescues they got was a Pierce that they hate, hear it spends more time in the shops then it does in the firehouse. They got it with grant money from Homeland Security which Pierce has the contract with. The one before that for Rescue 6/Spare was an American Lafrance.

Pretty sure that Ferrara built all the satelite pumpers and high rise units for FDNY

The last 2 rescues they got was a Pierce that they hate, hear it spends more time in the shops then it does in the firehouse. They got it with grant money from Homeland Security which Pierce has the contract with. The one before that for Rescue 6/Spare was an American Lafrance.

Wasnt that American Lafrance a 2002 or 2003 model? Yes the high rise units and one of the satelite replacements did go to Ferrara but im not 100% sure if they got the replacement contract for rest of them but im pretty sure they did

read FAJ every other month and you will find out

IIRC they were looking at pickups with fold out modules in the beds (lots US departments are experimenting with this )

Last I heard the contract went to a Chev dealer in NJ for Silverado pickups

They got the Lafrance truck whenever the Republican National Convention was in Manhattan, thats when it was in service, now I beileve there is no Rescue 6 and the rig is a spare for the other 5.

Last I heard the contract went to a Chev dealer in NJ for Silverado pickups

They got the Lafrance truck whenever the Republican National Convention was in Manhattan, thats when it was in service, now I beileve there is no Rescue 6 and the rig is a spare for the other 5.

FDNY only had 5 Rescue companies full time, I think after 9/11 for a short time Rescue 6 was only for temp use and the main used for the Lafrance was to be a spare rig for the fleet

FDNY only had 5 Rescue companies full time, I think after 9/11 for a short time Rescue 6 was only for temp use and the main used for the Lafrance was to be a spare rig for the fleet

Rescue 6 went into service in Manhattan when the Republican National Convention was behind held in Manhattan because I think it was close to a year or 2 after 9-11 and with all the extra services FDNY SOC needed to provide they placed an Resue in service. Rescue 6 shared quarters with Ladder 20 in Soho in Manhattan.

Here is some more info on Rescue Co 6 and a picture.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73314

Rescue 6 went into service in Manhattan when the Republican National Convention was behind held in Manhattan because I think it was close to a year or 2 after 9-11 and with all the extra services FDNY SOC needed to provide they placed an Resue in service. Rescue 6 shared quarters with Ladder 20 in Soho in Manhattan.

Here is some more info on Rescue Co 6 and a picture.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73314

Yes it was in 2002 or 2003 but we are both right it was a short lived just temp use for Rescue 6

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry for not knowing my terminology but what does FAJ stand for?

I do have some older back issues for sale as below cost just to get rid of them

That would be "Fire Apparatus Journal"

A bi-monthly magazine that reports on new equipment/rigs from around North America

Great Photo's too!

Shane (out of Vancouver) is now doing Canada proud with the Canadian Section

They May be available at better magazine shops in your area, or try this for a subscription: http://www.fireapparatusjournal.com/

Its the best Fire Truck magazine around

I had heard about the specialty rigs going Ferrera, really didn't surprise me too much, as that has always been somewhat varied

The rescues though are another story as Saulsbury is no more, E-One (Federal Signal at the time) bought them out and moved the line down to Florida just after the last few were done for FDNY (same as they did to Superior in Red Deer). I was expecting SVI (supervac) to get in there, but Pierce does build sweet rigs

As per the latest FAJ Ferrara is building 20 rearmounts for FDNY plus the 5 heavy rescues so after this is done there will be like 40-50 Ferrara units in the FDNY

• 3 weeks later...