2020 (-2023) Articulated 60' Bus Procurement

Express691

1 hour ago, 503FraserHwy said:

OMG ALREADY?!?!?!?!?!? quick someone call the 20 year old d60lf to spare for it lol

It’ll probably be back in service in a week or two. There’s honestly nothing special about these XDE60s aside from the larger Stop Request buttons that are similar to the 2012 XDE60s. Aside from that, they’re exactly the same as the RapidBus XDE60s. Plus, the D60LFs are scrapped and STC seems to be doing fine without 21005 in service, not that New Flyer’s Xcelsior is that great anyway aside from the A/C considering they start rattling like hell after two years of operation.

Does anyone know what causes the Xcelsiors to be so rattly?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

This order of buses was ordered to come with NO climate control switches. What that means is drivers can no longer turn off the climate control / AC because "it's too loud" or "I don't feel hot with my window open" etc. Rejoice!

Is that why the A/C isn’t on half the time in the 2018 Novas?

26 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

Is that why the A/C isn’t on half the time in the 2018 Novas?

Yes. Also Novas in general have no text on their console buttons, only ambiguous "universal symbols" so sometimes drivers can't even tell whether they've switched it on or off.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

Yes. Also Novas in general have no text on their console buttons, only ambiguous "universal symbols" so sometimes drivers can't even tell whether they've switched it on or off.

I know all too well. I have difficulty telling if the switch is in the on or off position. ?

5 hours ago, 503FraserHwy said:

I didn't get a picture but i almost swear i saw "21026" by the freightliner first in surrey 

wasnt numbered on side but something on the front

It won't be 21026 as there is only 25 on order & 21006 has not been in service yet, so you're seeing 21006

11 hours ago, 503FraserHwy said:

by the freightliner first in surrey can be seen on hwy 1 going towards vancouver

my friend said it could be from this order

Screenshot 2022-07-17 10.54.06 AM.png

Hello.....it's 2022 & the 2024 order hasn't even started production!

my guess is its a rejected unit because it had no fleet #, no lettering at all on it, and the licence plate was way different 

also had no cord or stop button in it either so that seemed a little sus

the people at dynamic bus sales said it was heading to the hwy but thats all they told me