Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

4 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

It could be. It also said something to do with Bayshore Station or something? I couldn't hear the announcement properly because the buses were very loud.

The announcements you hear are two separate announcements pertaining to changes coming to the 11 and 107, in that order.

• Thanks 1

Random question, but does anybody know of a link (or a link you can modify)  that brings you to PDF versions of schedules for all routes by changing a link on the OC Transpo website? I tried doing it through the route 63 page where it brings you to a PDF timetable, but switching the route number did not work for me.

-Charlie

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Random question, but does anybody know of a link (or a link you can modify)  that brings you to PDF versions of schedules for all routes by changing a link on the OC Transpo website? I tried doing it through the route 63 page where it brings you to a PDF timetable, but switching the route number did not work for me.

-Charlie

This is the best you can do. http://www.octranspo.com/route/rte-timetable-text?rte=6&lang=en&date=20180821

(http://) *Security* (www.octranspo.com/route/rte-timetable-text?rte=) *website* (6) *route number* (&lang=en&date=20180821)

*Language = English, date; 2018, August, 21st*

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

If I remember correctly, some of the D60LFs had gotten fareboxes from retired 1998 Orion Vs when they were in the process of retiring them.

I've noticed some DD's between 8101 - 8143 have them too. I know 8111 has the old farebox.

Well by this time next year OC will have 175 fareboxes from the Orion VII's and 81 from the 81 retired Invero's. Grant you 81 will be going to the Nova LFS from the 81 Invero's they retire and 19 will be going to the DD buses in 2019 from the retired Orion VII's which leaves about 156 fareboxes left for spares.

3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Well by this time next year OC will have 175 fareboxes from the Orion VII's and 81 from the 81 retired Invero's. Grant you 81 will be going to the Nova LFS from the 81 Invero's they retire and 19 will be going to the DD buses in 2019 from the retired Orion VII's which leaves about 156 fareboxes left for spares.

It's 82 not 81

1 hour ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

If memory serves me correct, all the D60LFs, double-deckers, Inveroes, and a portion of the D60LFRs (one-third?) have the older fareboxes.

Only about 25 of the 306 D60LFR have the old farebox but you are correct with the rest!

Maple leaf sign Past Carp / kittiwake coming from Stittsville. It has "262" on it in the connexion route design.

Also, I'm noticing that alot of newer connexion route symbols are fading so badly. Like the 256 sticker at Robertson / Fitzgerald is only 7 months old yet starting to fade like it's 10 years old.

Same thing at the 256 stop at Robertson / Baseline

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Maple leaf sign Past Carp / kittiwake coming from Stittsville. It has "262" on it in the connexion route design.

Also, I'm noticing that alot of newer connexion route symbols are fading so badly. Like the 256 sticker at Robertson / Fitzgerald is only 7 months old yet starting to fade like it's 10 years old.

Same thing at the 256 stop at Robertson / Baseline

Same thing for the route stickers for the 290 along Walkley, very faded already.