SMS

Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

Hi friends!

I'm gonna be in Ottawa on business from Friday and when I'm not in the archives researching, you can bet your ass I'll be doing something transit related. I need some recommendations:

What's worth photographing... besides New Looks... ?

What routes are good to ride? Note, this is not my first trip to Ottawa, I've been on the 95 and 97 many times... what else is good? Thanks.

Hi friends!

I'm gonna be in Ottawa on business from Friday and when I'm not in the archives researching, you can bet your ass I'll be doing something transit related. I need some recommendations:

What routes are good to ride? Note, this is not my first trip to Ottawa, I've been on the 95 and 97 many times... what else is good? Thanks.

I'm going to Ottawa, too (early May), so tips for me too please :)

- Any GM Classic in the 85XX and 87XX series, there's not many left.

- Any Orion V's in the 91XX and 92XX series, for same reason above.

- The newest Invero's

- The D40's as they are starting to get retired.

Hi friends!

Ride the 96. You can ride route 1 and 4 which is an nice route.

Some of the local routes I found are pretty fast!

R Serbey: I'll try for some pics from diff locations. Unfortunately I only have pics from the two terminals. And the Walkley Yard! That was fun! (On Doors Open 2005)

Steve: OK I'll try for some HF action, even better if on the weekend.

Sherman: Thanks for the tip, haven't tried any of those lines. I'm sure it's all Invero but I'm not picky.

Sherman: Thanks for the tip, haven't tried any of those lines. I'm sure it's all Invero but I'm not picky.

I only visited Ottawa twice in my lifetime. I can tell you for older buses and I don't know if that's changed, go down to Orleans area and you'll see older fleet on the road.

R Serbey: I'll try for some pics from diff locations. Unfortunately I only have pics from the two terminals. And the Walkley Yard! That was fun! (On Doors Open 2005)

1 is Invero and 4 is D60LF ran

1 is Invero and 4 is D60LF ran

Even on weekends for the 4?

I only visited Ottawa twice in my lifetime. I can tell you for older buses and I don't know if that's changed, go down to Orleans area and you'll see older fleet on the road.

Actually, you will see all the newer buses in Orléans, since those routes are based out of St. Laurent garage.

Older buses are based at either Pinecrest or Merivale garage. They are usually assigned to trippers or route 105.

There are some great spots near Carleton U, where you can take pics!

I missed the Walkley doors open. :/

But I saw St. Laurent, when it was open!

It was pretty cool, seeing a D60 on the hoist!

Chances are you can find hf's on 1,4,7 in the am and pm rush hours during the week

If your looking for fish you can find them on both kanata and orleans express runs and some school trippers in the am and pm rush hours

used to

its Inveroized now

The 4 is interlined with the 3 on the weekends :-)

You have no idea Boone...

the past few days I was living in Hull! :D And yes I got some (meagre) pics of 8001.

Questions: Where and on which routes can I find high-floor buses (particulally Fishbowls) and Nova LFS buses in Ottawa? I really want to ride some HFs when I go there since I'm stuck in a 100%-LF land :mellow:

Questions: Where and on which routes can I find high-floor buses (particulally Fishbowls) and Nova LFS buses in Ottawa? I really want to ride some HFs when I go there since I'm stuck in a 100%-LF land :mellow:

Just wait at any downtown transitway station. On weekdays of course.

Just wait at any downtown transitway station. On weekdays of course.

Thanks I'll do that

One more question: Where can I board STO buses in Ottawa? Is there a bus terminal somewhere in Ottawa just for STO buses?

One more question: Where can I board STO buses in Ottawa? Is there a bus terminal somewhere in Ottawa just for STO buses?

Rideau Centre would be best place in Ottawa to board an STO bus. You can also board STO buses along Rideau St (between King Edward and Elgin) or Wellington St (between Elgin and the Portage Bridge).

Rideau Centre would be best place in Ottawa to board an STO bus. You can also board STO buses along Rideau St (between King Edward and Elgin) or Wellington St (between Elgin and the Portage Bridge).

thanks

one route that I really like if they havent changed it the 2 from blair to bayshore takes over a hour but is worth it

A question: What's the closest route from St. Laurent Shopping Centre to STO Garage??? (By Transit)

There are no routes that go to the STO garage from St Laurent. You have to get to the downtown Rideau Centre STO terminus and take an STO bus to the garage. I believe there are 5 STO routes that go to the garage from there.

There are no routes that go to the STO garage from St Laurent. You have to get to the downtown Rideau Centre STO terminus and take an STO bus to the garage. I believe there are 5 STO routes that go to the garage from there.

Right. thanks :blink: