Community Shuttle Retirement/Storage Watch

Community Shuttle

Starting a new thread to document all shuttle retirements or storages going forward. With a new shuttle order coming in as I type, a lot of older shuttles will be retired as they begin to enter service.

In fact, retirements related to this new order have already begun. While crossing the Oak Street bridge today, I noticed a few Aerotech shuttles sitting in the WC Remarketing lot where TransLink sends retired cutaways to be prepared for sale. I'm certain these are WVMT S1300 series units that have been retired as a result of the new Arbocs entering service.

It was revealed in another thread that Aero Elites S302-S305 were also retired but I didn't see them in the lot. Perhaps they've been sent to another facility to have their liveries removed. They certainly aren't up for sale at Burnaby Repo yet.

6 minutes ago, popillil said:
26 minutes ago, rulerduler said:

Nobody really cares for a shuttle retirement. 

Well i don't. I only care for the others. I grew up with the d40lf and it will be sad to see em all go lol

C40LF/C40LFR and D60LF for me :P

D40LFRs in my case. I could care less on shuttles, unless it’s the S1300s, which I want them gone.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Yup. Ever try riding on a rattling Girardin on the express portion of the 337, Saturday, Sunday and holidays?

Nope, but they rattle like crazy on the former shutttle only 388, and the 370.

But the new 18500 Girardin G5s are pretty smooth

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, popillil said:

Nope, but they rattle like crazy on the former shutttle only 388, and the 370.

But the new 18500 Girardin G5s are pretty smooth

Oh. Is the wheelchair ramp secured better? In my experience that's the thing that causes the most rattling. The bars and glass panels do shake a little, but it's really the ramp that's the worst.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Oh. Is the wheelchair ramp secured better? In my experience that's the thing that causes the most rattling. The bars and glass panels do shake a little, but it's really the ramp that's the worst.

Seems like it. Also the rear seats too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen buttons in Arbocs (Calgary has them), it just looks odd. The pull cords for the stop request makes sense, since everybody is seated in the Arbocs (at least in Victoria). 

Hopefully Vancouver's Arbocs won't have cloth seats, vinyl is easier to clean and more comfortable... these are very uncomfortable, at least the first two rows. The back three rows are alot more comfortable. 

arboc 2401 interior.JPG

9 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I've seen buttons in Arbocs (Calgary has them), it just looks odd. The pull cords for the stop request makes sense, since everybody is seated in the Arbocs (at least in Victoria). 

Hopefully Vancouver's Arbocs won't have cloth seats, vinyl is easier to clean and more comfortable... these are very uncomfortable, at least the first two rows. The back three rows are alot more comfortable. 

arboc 2401 interior.JPG

West Van's have vinyl and I assume CMBC's will be the same

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Spotted S357 on Highway 10 eastbound at 152nd St. Not sure who owns it at the moment, but it was painted entirely dark grey and for some reason they kept the original fleet number on.

WC Remarketing sometimes forgets to rip those off after they've removed everything else. There's another one that hasn't even repainted (so it still has the silver bottom), working for a farm with everything but the fleet number removed.

4 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

I noticed today that there are 2 Ex Community Shuttles parked on east 33rd Ave. alongside Kensington Park. Forget who has them, but I think it's a tour company?

Vancouver Minibus, a charter service owned and run by one lady with a few employed drivers. I knew she had one ex-CS but I didn't know she got a second one.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:00 AM, Matt Dunlop said:

arboc 2401 interior.JPG

I'm also telling you right now, as a Calgarian, be thankful for having the pull cords. The buttons a) don't work about two minutes after the bus has entered service, b) have to be replaced about once every two days, and c) TRIGGER THE STOP REQUEST BELL EVERY SINGLE BUMP IN THE ROAD

• Haha 3