Edmonton BBC's

captaintrolley

On the SLRT website tonight, I read that they're going to take down the trolley wires

on 111 St from 57 ave to Southgate sometime this spring... and the trolley poles

will be coming down next. :D

On the SLRT website, I've looked at the detailed map of where the LRT track will affect 111st. Doesn't look good. Both sides of the road will be shifted to make way for the LRT ROW. Sorry, but that's the reason why the entire stretch of 111st trolley lines have to be taken down. Because there's little to no purpose for that stretch of trolley lines, it would have been retarded to put them back up before the 2008 decision will be made. But I would guarantee the wires will be up again to accommodate Route 9 if the trolley system gets the renewal.

Is 102 the only bus with an enlarged drivers compartment? I noticed it recently with a grey bubbled out panel and the seat behind the driver reduced to 2 instead of 3. I have a pic on my phone but havnet downloaded it yet. Was this like a prototype idea for the bbc's or just something someone was bored and did or what and are there any others?

Is 102 the only bus with an enlarged drivers compartment? I noticed it recently with a grey bubbled out panel and the seat behind the driver reduced to 2 instead of 3. I have a pic on my phone but havnet downloaded it yet. Was this like a prototype idea for the bbc's or just something someone was bored and did or what and are there any others?

101, 102, 103, 127 and 128. As Mike said, they had/still have a Recaro driver's seat.

128 also has it.

I call that fiberglass contraption a 'bathtub'. I've seen guys stick groceries and shopping in there and once (it was reported to me) that someone had even brought their kid along and stuck it in there for the ride. But yeah, it's part of the recaro seat retrofit project. I think Unit # 127 still has it's recaro seat.

• 2 years later...
126 (maybe, don't remember) on 3 in Mitchell-land

Indeed you don't! 126 was on a 135 :lol:

I forget a lot of what I saw this afternoon, although 138 was on a route 3. Pretty sure 172 was on something the PM too.

Rode with Laura for a bit. She said the driver she relieved was mentioning a lot of people were taking photos ("a lot" might have just been me and Michael). Laura informed her we just want photos of the bus and see seemed quite alright with that :)

Ode off Bund, was that you boarding 180 on 102 Ave and 101 St EB?

All I know is I saw a Trolley in Mitchell land and I was like WOOHOO!!! they're still running!.

My helper today has a parent that drives for ETS, so he didn't look at me all werid <_<

128 I'm guessing at the unit. Was at about 8:00 or shortly after.

Indeed you don't! 126 was on a 135 <_<

I forget a lot of what I saw this afternoon, although 138 was on a route 3. Pretty sure 172 was on something the PM too.

Rode with Laura for a bit. She said the driver she relieved was mentioning a lot of people were taking photos ("a lot" might have just been me and Michael). Laura informed her we just want photos of the bus and see seemed quite alright with that :(

Ode off Bund, was that you boarding 180 on 102 Ave and 101 St EB?

Wasn't that Tracy that Laura relieved? She should be used to cameras.

Has anyone come forward with the intent on preserving a BBC trolley? I'd like to see at least one of the ones that went to Toronto saved.

There are two ex-Edmonton BBCs preserved as part of the Greater Dayton RTA historical fleet in Dayton, Ohio -- 109 and 110. However, they're both painted in Dayton colors.