2017 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

9472 follows to VTC

Ha, they finally fixed it. It looks like today was its first day back in service since I broke it on April 12th. I'd been driving for less than half an hour when, while doing a 128, the whole bus gave a great lurch, CHECK TRANS light came on and it wouldn't go any faster than 30 km/h.

42 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Ha, they finally fixed it. It looks like today was its first day back in service since I broke it on April 12th. I'd been driving for less than half an hour when, while doing a 128, the whole bus gave a great lurch, CHECK TRANS light came on and it wouldn't go any faster than 30 km/h.

At least it wasnt a 410. Slowvaaa

Some operators in BTC commented on the arrival of those T-drives that got transferred from VTC, but thought they were hybrids. Around about the same time, a senior operator in HTC (ex-BTC) said that two 9600s ended up in HTC. I didn't see any in the yard, so I didn't believe him, BUT, take a look at the T-Comm history for 9645. It appears that on the 26th (Thursday), it completed its run on the 26/28, then somehow made it onto an HTC block on the 112/116/129. (In fact, that's the very same run I drove on Friday.) It's not a glitch, either - the operator posted a picture of the bus at Edmonds. It was back in BTC by the next morning though.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 11:29 AM, ThomasW97 said:

7333 has returned and back to STC

Saw it today coming home. There's evidence that it may have been in FOH all this time. The front is all shiny, they used the new font, and the headlights are mis-matched.

DSC_8223.thumb.jpg.5bbea40fd981cf642e8cfcb36d09e673.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Saw it today coming home. There's evidence that it may have been in FOH all this time. The front is all shiny, they used the new font, and the headlights are mis-matched.

DSC_8223.thumb.jpg.5bbea40fd981cf642e8cfcb36d09e673.jpg

I think it was at HTC not to long ago.  Not active, but on the dead/storage line.  

3 hours ago, Brando737 said:

I think it was at HTC not to long ago.  Not active, but on the dead/storage line.  

Ive been asking about this bus. It went missing after the transfer to PCTC during the shortage. From there, a long haitus, It looks maybe like it may have been in overhaul, maybe front right side damage??  Could explain the lack of.fleet number change elsewhere, and new font aswell as.the mismatched headlight, (maybe off of 7420?) , Just an idea..

11 hours ago, Marlow1331 said:

Ive been asking about this bus. It went missing after the transfer to PCTC during the shortage. From there, a long haitus, It looks maybe like it may have been in overhaul, maybe front right side damage??  Could explain the lack of.fleet number change elsewhere, and new font aswell as.the mismatched headlight, (maybe off of 7420?) , Just an idea..

It was involved in a rear-end collision from what I heard hence the different headlights.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

The reason why CMBC probably transferred 8013 and 8043 to RTC is because, according the Express691's post in the New Flyer D60LF Retirement/Storage Watch thread, 8059 and 8067 are where the XDE60s are, presumably retired.

Those were the two buses I kept getting repeatedly when I was at RTC. Over and over.