2015 60' Articulated Bus Order (Diesel or Diesel/Electric Hyrbid)

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

25 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

Saw 15003 (pretty sure it was 15003 at least) at Bridgeport on Monday signed up as "4 Phibbs Exchange". Only spotted it from the train so I couldn't get a picture.

Sounds like one of the Richmond Artics, and one of the drivers that tend to play around with the destination signs on occasion from what I hear. 12003 perhaps?

4 hours ago, Stormscape said:

Saw 15003 (pretty sure it was 15003 at least) at Bridgeport on Monday signed up as "4 Phibbs Exchange". Only spotted it from the train so I couldn't get a picture.

I saw it too, but as "4 Upper Lynn Valley". Definitely Richmond, it was numbered in the 12000s and had the light grey paint instead of the charcoal colour.

I got a picture but I was in a hurry so it didn't turn out well...

image.jpeg

On 2016-04-29 at 0:19 PM, Brando737 said:

All artics on the 96 are XDE60'S today, 15001 to 15006.

Today it was almost nothing but XDE60s. It's funny how I'm looking at tcomm and there's only a single 40 ft bus on the 96 while everything else is an XDE60!

Rode it in both directions today. Looks like they're really ramping up the high quality service here with the summer coming :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

Do you know which transit centre these buses will be allocated to?

Nobody 'knows' because they haven't even been built yet, silly. One can 'speculate' where they'll head (Most likely Burnaby to replace the worst 1998-2000 D60LFs there, and perhaps a handful to Port Coquitlam).

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

There seem to have been some changes in the positioning of the XDE's, I was riding B15012 on the 96 B-Line today so I guess that one's sticking around in Surrey.

Don't know why that one was sent over, to be honest - but it looks like it took until late August for Surrey to finally get its share of 12 from the initial order.

As far as positioning, its currently 12-6-3 Surrey-Burnaby-Vancouver. Long story short, Surrey gave a bulk of its fleet to Hamilton which I guess freed up space for another artic to come in. Also, the 49 moved back to Vancouver Transit Centre for operations - which required 25 of Richmond's units to be moved there as well as 3 of Burnaby's.

That's the current situation for this batch of 21 - Big things in store for the next 26, expected to arrive late this year.

• 1 month later...