Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

22 minutes ago, T3G said:

4604 emerged from Russell, did a run to Woodbine loop, then made its way down to Leslie where it is presently.

Was moved to track 24 early last night after been in the service bay the last 2+ weeks after been moved to Russell from the Barns. 

It been here 64 days so far compared to 4403 that took 61 days to entre service for the first production car.

May see 4604 in service this weekend.

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Yes, car 4605 has been unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (Thursday, October 12). 

Car 4499 was used to tow it off the railcar transporter.

Thanks

Your info is helpful and welcome

It will be interesting to see if 4605 can match 4404 19 days to be in service.

May see 4606 early Dec and then 20 in 2024 if the plan remains as is.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

May see 4606 early Dec and then 20 in 2024 if the plan remains as is.

Your source?

Someone was saying that we may see eight new cars this year:

Is there any recent publicly available delivery schedule for these last 60 cars?

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

Thanks

Your info is helpful and welcome

You're welcome!

Car 4605 is still at Hillcrest this evening, well tucked behind a row of buses, and so that ghastly graffiti that it came with is well hidden from curious eyes!😵👌

4 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Your source?

Someone was saying that we may see eight new cars this year:

Is there any recent publicly available delivery schedule for these last 60 cars?

You're welcome!

Car 4605 is still at Hillcrest this evening, well tucked behind a row of buses, and so that ghastly graffiti that it came with is well hidden from curious eyes!😵👌

There are a few TTC reports somewhere stating how the cars would be delivery starting this fall. Basely saying a few cars would be deliver this year and only 20 would be shipped yearly until the order was completed.

I am assuming going with 20 would reduce the need to hire workers in TB for a short span as well allowing a longer lead time for TTC to pay for the cars since they as short on funds. Suppliers maybe saying this what we can give due to part shortage.

I took the 8 cars with a grain of salt based the past reports. If we are to see 8 cars this year, expect to see a car arriving almost weekly for the remainder of the year. The person who post the 8 cars should be telling use where they got the info from. They were only 8 days off from their posting as to when the first car was to arrive.

At the end of the day, schedules can be change with us not knowing anything about it.

I chose Dec as it would match the current time between cars deliveries and I could be off the wall on it. Time will give us the real picture as to what is taking place.

Sorry, but those graffiti folks should have their hands broken or chop off to help to put an end to this type of vandalizing.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, T3G said:

I still don't think 4604 is ready for service. This morning, it did a few OOS runs from Roncesvalles to Dundas West and back and is now in the shed at the carhouse.

This Why

Oct 14
Since the Leslie Barns can't solve the problem for 4604, we will shipped it to Russell Carhouse for them to do it. After almost 3 weeks at Russell it went back to the Barns for a few days and then sent it to Roncesvalles last night. I thought it would entre service from Roncesvalles yard when I saw the tracking for it this morning.

Didn't see the car in the yard when I got to the area and thought it entre service. How wrong was I.

After shooting the Queensway, went to catch the 504 and behold I see 4604 on Roncesvalles about to turn onto the Queensway. As it got closer to me, I see a bottom panel at the front was missing and thought it hit something or a new look.

Shot that area as the car past me and well working on it, I see it wasn't a small panel missing, but the whole side panel. Did it hit something or is it Roncesvalles turn to solve the problem for the car that been here 66 days so far??

Its the first car I see this way before entering service

53258655293_49841cdcb8_b.jpg53258709879_a7c6c165f5_b.jpg53258655428_c1fbd0bd13_b.jpg

• Confused 1

Any news on 4604? 

I was speculating whether there may be holding it back to verify build quality as the first of the batch, but I haven't heard of it having gone on any test runs since whatever was going on October 14.

39 minutes ago, T3G said:

Any news on 4604? 

I was speculating whether there may be holding it back to verify build quality as the first of the batch, but I haven't heard of it having gone on any test runs since whatever was going on October 14.

4604 has been sitting on the service track the last week in the same spot.

4605 is moving around the service bay being prepared for service. 4605 has done its burn and we may see it in service this coming week if the normal timeframe from delivery to service take place with no surprises along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, T3G said:

4604 was in the service lane at Leslie this weekend but it's appearance into service continues to be agonizingly slow

4605 is at Russell

4604 has spent the last 2 weeks in the same spot until a few days when it went back into the service bay, but back to where it been sitting now. Sitting in the same spot every time I have looked at it on a daily base. 

4605 went over to Russell yesterday and not sure if its a good sign or having the same issue as 4604 or what.

Took 4403 92 days to entre service as the first production car and 4604 is at 89 days for first production car at this time.

4404 took 19 days to entre service as 2nd production car and this put 4605 behind that timeframe at 25 days.

3 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Are the new streetcars delivered with USB charging ports and TV screens?

Supposed to be the same as the current fleet and will have to wait until one hits the street to see if any changes have taken place.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:11 PM, drum118 said:

Supposed to be the same as the current fleet and will have to wait until one hits the street to see if any changes have taken place.

Do we know if Line 5 Flexities have these features?

On 11/10/2023 at 9:49 PM, drum118 said:

4605 is still at Russell

A few days ago 4604 was tracking well doing some running around the yard, but has mostly sat in the same spot as it has these past few weeks

Now the TTC doesn't particularly need the extra cars at the moment but I have to wonder why it's taking so long to get these into revenue service. If 4604 was meant to be a version 1.1 "prototype" for the last 60 cars then why would they have produced car 4605+ and mailed them to Toronto? If not a prototype then what's with the delay?

2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Not really sure where this is supposed to go, so I’m putting it here.

4427 has no Pantograph, spotted running on trolley pole around Roncesvalles (carhouse not avenue) this afternoon.

I'm not sure why they leave them like this but it happens sometimes. A few years back 4486 was running around without a pantograph for a bit and 4418 had a pantograph that was slightly askew. They probably wouldn't send them out in revenue service on pole today.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 5:13 PM, WoodbineSecondExit said:

Now the TTC doesn't particularly need the extra cars at the moment but I have to wonder why it's taking so long to get these into revenue service. If 4604 was meant to be a version 1.1 "prototype" for the last 60 cars then why would they have produced car 4605+ and mailed them to Toronto? If not a prototype then what's with the delay?

I'm not sure why they leave them like this but it happens sometimes. A few years back 4486 was running around without a pantograph for a bit and 4418 had a pantograph that was slightly askew. They probably wouldn't send them out in revenue service on pole today.

4604 entre the service bay tonight after been in the yard a week after it did a short visit to the service bay and a few loops of the complex. been here 100 days so far and longer than 4403 91 days to entre service as the first production car

4605 still at Russell and well behind 4404 21 days to entre service.

TTC is planning running the Blue Night Service on all streetcar routes to deal with the shortage of yard space. 508 will be the longest route running from Long Branch to Bingham Loop

The days of poles are over since many routes are pan only with signs up for those areas, 512 is pure pans only for the past few years.