Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Obviously. The car is brand new

All cars in the past had the tracker working the day they were to be off loaded and this is no different other than an tracking issue or something else.

Cars at first used the poles to be off loaded until the pan system was in place, Now only pans.

4 minutes ago, drum118 said:

All cars in the past had the tracker working the day they were to be off loaded and this is no different other than an tracking issue or something else.

Cars at first used the poles to be off loaded until the pan system was in place, Now only pans.

If all were working, then the newly delivered buses would have their trackers activated prior to delivery. 

15 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

If all were working, then the newly delivered buses would have their trackers activated prior to delivery. 

Can't speak to buses as I don't track them and only doing the streetcars. All I know is the tracker is turn on once on TTC property, including on the flats. I have even watched the cars been off loaded with the tracker as well loaded.

2 hours ago, drum118 said:

Can't speak to buses as I don't track them and only doing the streetcars. All I know is the tracker is turn on once on TTC property, including on the flats. I have even watched the cars been off loaded with the tracker as well loaded.

You assume VISION is installed and functioning correctly. In the original deliver, they definitely didn't track till days if not weeks later when TTC installed TRUMP themselves. 

The redeliveries however already have a properly functional VISION so it could be activated on the day it arrives.

1 hour ago, 5242 said:

Pretty sure because its tracking PCC 4609, but those are long gone

Won't be that, 4609 was off property decades before the cars had publicly accessible GPS systems.

The most likely explanation is that the fleet number was used in some test of the VISION system or other. I have no idea why anyone would think it worth reporting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, smallspy said:

It should be noted that 4604 is NOT in revenue service yet.

Dan

Big different between testing and in service and I did say testing.

Based on past Deliveries and in service, it "May" entre service next week

It currently in the east end on Queen St doing testing

The cars have to burn 600km before it will be accepted, there is about 2 half weeks of work alstom has to do to the cars as well. 

4604 8hrs of vision installed turn into 3 day...... not TTC related

For Example there will be a day of 8 hrs straight 4604 will just open close its doors

4605 should be here in September

4 hours ago, drum118 said:

Big different between testing and in service and I did say testing.

Based on past Deliveries and in service, it "May" entre service next week

It currently in the east end on Queen St doing testing

You said testing. And you also said that it was on route 501. Which, if you ask me, is pretty high the list of ambiguous statements that you've made on here.

You could have said that it was "testing on Queen East". That is also a true statement, and is far less ambiguous than what you did actually say.

Thus, the clarification.

Dan

5 hours ago, smallspy said:

You said testing. And you also said that it was on route 501. Which, if you ask me, is pretty high the list of ambiguous statements that you've made on here.

You could have said that it was "testing on Queen East". That is also a true statement, and is far less ambiguous than what you did actually say.

Thus, the clarification.

Dan

@drum118 I would like to echo what @smallspy said. Saying a vehicle is testing along a route is inaccurate and misleading, and we have enough users who share the one brain cell on this forum who would misread what you typed and think it's in service.

In addition, because of construction multiple routes overlap each other; if a car is operating on Queen Street East, it could be on route 501, 504, or 505; or as recently as last month, 506. It could also be a deadheading car for the 509, 510, 511, or 512. So, in reality, a car testing on Queen Street East would be on all of those routes.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:27 AM, 5242 said:

Pretty sure because its tracking PCC 4609, but those are long gone

Well, you made me revisit wiki. PCC 4604 was (maybe?) never numbered that on the vehicle, being 4500. And 4605 is physically 4549. I have no idea what trackers the historic PCCs may have installed right now, and if they are, how they are identified.

4619-4624 is a never-used number range. Original PCCs went to 4601 (end of air-electric Cincinnati cars) and restarted at 4625 (Cleveland cars). And A15 cars were 4600-4618.

Next never-used numbers are 4748-4749. But maybe they will restart at 4000, who knows?

Based on what I have seen so far tracking 4604, it only running east of Leslie and the Barns on Queen St.

It hasn't visited other parts of the system where it can run, like St Clair or on the 506 route like in the past.

The tracker is saying last seen 7 hours ago.

• 1 month later...