How does TTC keep Druggies/drug dealers out of public washrooms?

OC 8208

In Timmins there is news that at the main terminal druggies and drug dealers have become such a problem that they have chosen to close the washrooms fully to the public, except when the ONTC bus comes in and just open it for them. I chose to ask the question to TTC users and find out how TTC prevents and fights a issue such as this with their multitude of public washrooms in a multitude of stations in Toronto.

Comparing Timmins to Toronto is apples to oranges.

The TTC washrooms are heavily used, and dealers would be reported by someone.

The TTC also has a Transit Police force.

I don't know anything about dealing drugs, but I imagine the TTC would be the last place to stand around with drugs to sell.

Comparing Timmins to Toronto is apples to oranges.

The TTC washrooms are heavily used, and dealers would be reported by someone.

The TTC also has a Transit Police force.

I don't know anything about dealing drugs, but I imagine the TTC would be the last place to stand around with drugs to sell.

I knew about the TTC Police, I think they were spotlighted on that undercover boss show.

TTC washroom? How about washroom in general?

TTC washrooms are heavily used and isn't the best place for a drug trade in the first place. Toronto have tons of alleys and other underground place for this. Why would someone pay a fare to visit the washroom for a trade in front of everyone? It's never quiet enough in those washroom. Not even at midnight. Multiple trading repeatedly would be very noticeable as cameras dominate the entire system. Everyone could be trace down them moment they step on TTC property (vehicle or station). Toronto is light years ahead of Ottawa in this regards.

I'm more confuse why would you ask this question in the first place. Maybe you really want to ask about drug trade and transit.

Also, the cops will be investigating if drugs are involved, not the TTC security personals who actually don't have the authority to deal with the drug trade. They only enforce the TTC bylaws, not the law.

In Timmins there is news that at the main terminal druggies and drug dealers have become such a problem that they have chosen to close the washrooms fully to the public, except when the ONTC bus comes in and just open it for them. I chose to ask the question to TTC users and find out how TTC prevents and fights a issue such as this with their multitude of public washrooms in a multitude of stations in Toronto.

The answer seems to be that the TTC does the same thing they do in Timmins. They only open the washrooms when there's a vehicle coming in, and there are people about. :)

That you have to be a fare paying passenger to get into the TTC washrooms probably helps. Janitors go into the washrooms fairly frequently as well.

My you are a trusting soul. People who use any part of TTC property for nefarious reasons are the last people to pay a fare, why would they? You can walk in illegally to most if not all stations in one way or another at will,... day or night.

My you are a trusting soul. People who use any part of TTC property for nefarious reasons are the last people to pay a fare, why would they? You can walk in illegally to most if not all stations in one way or another at will,... day or night.

People walk into Islington Station all the time and no one gets caught.

People walk into Islington Station all the time and no one gets caught.

The enforcers have being spending a lot of time out there these days with huge catches for these losers that try walking in free.

At Finch station where there are 5 different places that people can walk into the station, some people are smart that when they see a supervisor (they usually ignore the drivers or janitors) nearby, they will stop and choose another location to walk in without paying fare. I think the enforcers may show up once or twice in a year.

The enforcers have being spending a lot of time out there these days with huge catches for these losers that try walking in free.

• 2 weeks later...

Once I saw police go into the washroom at wilson and took two italian guy in cuffs. A cop did tell me the janitor reported them for selling/using in the washroom.

Aside from that, i have never seen anyone selling drugs in the washrooms. Now for the amount of gays who loiter in the washrooms..... thats a whole other issue!

Once I saw police go into the washroom at wilson and took two italian guy in cuffs. A cop did tell me the janitor reported them for selling/using in the washroom.

Aside from that, i have never seen anyone selling drugs in the washrooms. Now for the amount of gays who loiter in the washrooms..... thats a whole other issue!

Gays loitering in the washrooms.. Wha?

"Italian guy" and gays. So now you're a bigot and a homophobe.

The 'gays' may not be actually breaking any laws, as the act is consensual, and conducted in what's supposed to be a private place, in legal terms.

Just sayin'

Poor taste and classlessness is something else. But not a crime.